Anyone get negativity while trying to live a healthy lifestyle?

Its because ppl who are on that kick tend to annoy other ppl with how much they talk about it. No one is gonna hate on someone who wants to be healthy. Do your thing. The hate comes in when gym rats always talk about the gym or health nuts always talk about how unhealthy other stuff is. If I ask you what's good for today I'm not trying to hear you say "nothing brah I'm just gonna hit this gym up and work on my abs." Like we know you hit the gym homie lol. Or if I'm eating my super greasy bacon don't be all in my ear about the virtues of turkey bacon -___-. I go to the gym too btw so its no hate.

Its because ppl who are on that kick tend to annoy other ppl with how much they talk about it. No one is gonna hate on someone who wants to be healthy. Do your thing. The hate comes in when gym rats always talk about the gym or health nuts always talk about how unhealthy other stuff is. If I ask you what's good for today I'm not trying to hear you say "nothing brah I'm just gonna hit this gym up and work on my abs." Like we know you hit the gym homie lol. Or if I'm eating my super greasy bacon don't be all in my ear about the virtues of turkey bacon -___-. I go to the gym too btw so its no hate.

my mom gives me %$!! all the time about lifting weight ... she thinks im going to walk in a gym and some how look like ronnie coleman

my mom gives me %$!! all the time about lifting weight ... she thinks im going to walk in a gym and some how look like ronnie coleman

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

What I mean is, for the most part, people tend to always question people who exercise and eat healthy. It's almost like people don't understand why they are doing it. "Oh, there goes (insert name) again eating his chicken breast and vegetables." They question why you like to workout. "Why are you always at the gym. Go and enjoy life." Whose to say that eating healthy and exercising is what they enjoy and is their life. 

It's like people look down on people trying to live healthy. And they feel like there is always a reason to why they are living that way.

As oppose to the opposite, nobody questions people why they don't exercise and eat healthy (if it's not affecting their health). Is it because it's "the norm" in society?

Anyone else feel this way?

Insert general thread ending word now:

Spoiler [+]
Discuss.
laugh.gif
amen!!! hater is going to hate thats why 
tired.gif
  <3

What I mean is, for the most part, people tend to always question people who exercise and eat healthy. It's almost like people don't understand why they are doing it. "Oh, there goes (insert name) again eating his chicken breast and vegetables." They question why you like to workout. "Why are you always at the gym. Go and enjoy life." Whose to say that eating healthy and exercising is what they enjoy and is their life. 

It's like people look down on people trying to live healthy. And they feel like there is always a reason to why they are living that way.

As oppose to the opposite, nobody questions people why they don't exercise and eat healthy (if it's not affecting their health). Is it because it's "the norm" in society?

Anyone else feel this way?

Insert general thread ending word now:

Spoiler [+]
Discuss.
laugh.gif
amen!!! hater is going to hate thats why 
tired.gif
  <3

Originally Posted by RavageBX

BS. disagree with this completely. I've been eating very healthy for the past 2 years, and just recently have taken my drinking down a couple of notches. So say I go out with my boys for a night of drinking and fun, we'll be hanging out pre-drinking, and they'll give me so much crap for not drinking as much as they are
indifferent.gif
.  It's like me not getting as super wasted as them is making them feel bad or insecure about their drinking even though I'm not saying anything. Then after the club we'll stop by McDonalds or some +#+%, and they'll all order their combo meals, and I'll just get a water and they wont stop annoying me to +#+% about it. Like I'm not saying anything about your greasy @%$ meal, why you gotta talk +#+% about my healthy living?

Most people are just projecting their insecurities onto you when they do that. But there's always a few who curiously inquire about your diet in hopes of changing theirs. That makes it all worth it.

Keep eating the healthiest foods on earth and be an example to others. Don't hide it.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

people look down on people thats trying to do anything positive period.

America...land of the free, home of the haters.

Ain't that the truth.

People always want to look down on everyone else.

BS. disagree with this completely. I've been eating very healthy for the past 2 years, and just recently have taken my drinking down a couple of notches. So say I go out with my boys for a night of drinking and fun, we'll be hanging out pre-drinking, and they'll give me so much crap for not drinking as much as they are
indifferent.gif
.  It's like me not getting as super wasted as them is making them feel bad or insecure about their drinking even though I'm not saying anything. Then after the club we'll stop by McDonalds or some +#+%, and they'll all order their combo meals, and I'll just get a water and they wont stop annoying me to +#+% about it. Like I'm not saying anything about your greasy @%$ meal, why you gotta talk +#+% about my healthy living?

Most people are just projecting their insecurities onto you when they do that. But there's always a few who curiously inquire about your diet in hopes of changing theirs. That makes it all worth it.

Keep eating the healthiest foods on earth and be an example to others. Don't hide it.

Ain't that the truth.

People always want to look down on everyone else.

Originally Posted by Crook

indifferent.gif

That's pretty much nailing it.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
HAHAHAHA. Just order a large fry, son.

indifferent.gif
HAHAHAHA. Just order a large fry, son.

indifferent.gif
Hogwash. Being healthy is in. All my friends are running marathons, doing tough mudders, not eating red meat, pork, going to the gym, etc. I've rarely ever seen someone be chastised for it except for when the healthy person is very "in your face" with it. That's like ppl complaining that you've quit smoking lol. No. I take it you getting chastised about your new healthy habits is less a product of your friends not wanting you to be healthy and more about having a laugh at your expense because you're sensitive to it. Probably some immaturity goin on as well. I refuse to believe ppl are being chastised for trying to live healthy lol.

indifferent.gif
Hogwash. Being healthy is in. All my friends are running marathons, doing tough mudders, not eating red meat, pork, going to the gym, etc. I've rarely ever seen someone be chastised for it except for when the healthy person is very "in your face" with it. That's like ppl complaining that you've quit smoking lol. No. I take it you getting chastised about your new healthy habits is less a product of your friends not wanting you to be healthy and more about having a laugh at your expense because you're sensitive to it. Probably some immaturity goin on as well. I refuse to believe ppl are being chastised for trying to live healthy lol.

qft. society generally put people into a category and if you fall outside of that category youre either hated on; judged or whatever. if someone doesnt like something, youre not supposed to like it, they like it, youre supposed to like it. and if you dont youre given 
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
 and hated 
tired.gif

qft. society generally put people into a category and if you fall outside of that category youre either hated on; judged or whatever. if someone doesnt like something, youre not supposed to like it, they like it, youre supposed to like it. and if you dont youre given 
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
 and hated 
tired.gif

indifferent.gif

QFMFT

I get *#*$ from my friends and family a number of times for trying to stay in shape and avoiding this or that foods.

I dont bother them about their eating but they wanna criticize mine. It also annoying when they KNOW that you don't eat *insert food here*(ex: cheesecake, flaming hot cheetos, etc) or watching your calories and they still ask you every time they see you... like damn its like after the millionth time saying "I'm in a diet or I don't eat that" to you I think I'm gonna just ignore your +!@.

indifferent.gif

QFMFT

I get *#*$ from my friends and family a number of times for trying to stay in shape and avoiding this or that foods.

I dont bother them about their eating but they wanna criticize mine. It also annoying when they KNOW that you don't eat *insert food here*(ex: cheesecake, flaming hot cheetos, etc) or watching your calories and they still ask you every time they see you... like damn its like after the millionth time saying "I'm in a diet or I don't eat that" to you I think I'm gonna just ignore your +!@.

Back
Top Bottom