Anyone here 24 or 25 years old still in College since they graduated from High School?

THIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL 1,000 TIMES BETTER ABOUT MY SITUATION... THANKS OP, REAL TALK

I didn't really know what I was going to do right after high school, so I was just taking classes to do some transfer requirements. Took 2 years to finally figure out what I wanted to do, but then I needed a lot more math/science courses than I had already taken. I'll probably graduate when I'm around 24 or 25, but I feel the first couple of years of college was a waste for me. There's nothing I can do about it, so I just have to accept it and keep moving forward.

Originally Posted by socluis90

I'm 24 but i graduate this summer. just keep going at it. one thing i learned is it is best to take as many classes as possible. if not, you're only stretching everything out even longer.

I graduated last May when I was 24 and I would recommend the exact opposite. Take as many classes/credits as you think you are capable of passing that semester depending on your work schedule/difficulty of your classes etc.

I've done 3 years at a cc and nowhere near graduating. I was young stupid and didnt care, I bs'd the entireThing but I also been working full time at a job that pays me 40k a year. Now I'm 23 and thinking about going back to college to finish what I started. And get a degree that also has meaning and can get me to a good job.

Originally Posted by krider31

THIS THREAD MAKES ME FEEL 1,000 TIMES BETTER ABOUT MY SITUATION... THANKS OP, REAL TALK

THIS
I'm in the same situation. 23 years old at a CSU finally graduating next fall. Had a lot of discouraging times but I know I am so close to finally being done. It's not an easy situation to be in, but once you get that degree, it is a huge stress reliever. Keep Going OP, and to everybody else in this post in a similar situation, keep pushing, we're almost done.

shoot count me in. 25 and tryin to graduate and i got no $$$ yet. spending too much on nt.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trak1sh

It's never too late my dude. In the grand scheme of things, a few years behind compared to the length of your life is nothing.

pimp.gif
good, cuz i need this mentality when I go back at 24 this year

I'm 25 and will have to start again at the cc. I dropped out a long time ago and had to work to support myself. I have like 10k in debt and things r looking bleak but f it. Do wut u gotta do amirite?

Grad HS in 04....been in and out of college (so far 3 different ones) since 05....if they don't drop my classes like last semester I'll grad. next year (as oppose to this year if my classes never got dropped)...im 26 and I have no ties/affiliations with anything that has to do with my degree (emergency services) and suddenly feeling like i don't want to follow this road i set for myself.......just want to get done with it
ohwell.gif

Everyone has their problems/minor setbacks....just keep at it and make sure you wanna do what it is you put your heart into..and also network how ever you can...i never did which has made everything 10x harder

Im 25 and graduating this spring. I've been going to school since 05. I'll be graduating with my BS in Nursing and I don't regret it one bit. I did feel at times I was falling behind to my friends but when I saw them struggle out of school I was scared to almost come out. It made me work harder at school and develop more connections to help me once I graduated. In college you learn so much about yourself and develop work ethics that will carry onto the real world. Trust me its better to really plan out this college thing because once your out into the real world it isn't easy.

Age is just a number and once you graduate no one could take that degree away from you trust its all worth it in the end.

I've been in college since my senior year of HS class of 06. I have a two-year degree from December 08 in Business Administration and the last few years I hit a dead end. I'm 24 in June and I've only completed 6 I think of the 20 classes I need.  Just typing that alone just made it hit me in a different way.  Makes me realize how bunnin and trying to figure out my plans was not the best decision to make.  Though it's hard for me to imagine being so much further ahead even with a degree because of my personality up to this point.  I'm thinking of choosing multiple majors still, which is a problem for a year already because I am too deep to continue school without a major, though it's a disaster because it's just a cycle for me.  Accounting-> Management-> Marketing-> MIS-> Human Resources->Management-> Accounting.. Something along those lines.  Honestly I wish I could be a GM of a professional sports team because I know after a few years in training I would not be the worst one lol.  I feel like I can learn everything once I have a job I know I can run with but I need to make something happen.  BTW I got paid to go to school so I didn't have time to stop and think, though I have thrown some of it away admittedly by not just choosing a major, which sucks but at least I know I have to learn to make decisions sometimes.

I graduated HS in 2003 and I did my BS in Finance in 4.5 years....that half a year made me feel like a loser (no joke)

anyways, there still some people that graduated HS with and they still didnt get their Bachelors and theyve been in school the whole time...not gonna lie I laugh at them all the time

roll.gif

Truth be told had i not done three full years i wouldve been dropped out. I'm 23 and im completely sick of school but i might as well just finish

Bruh.  ENJOY YOURSELF

I am 24 years old graduated college with a BS in Business, Finance and Accounting minors.  I have been in "the real world" for 3 years already.  I was 21 in college for a couple months......

I had more fun visiting my friends in college after i graduated then i did actually going to college.  You will never have such easy access to women, especially women with that mentality of hooking up is normal.  Out here in the real world you hook up with a chick and she is mentally your wife and is planning the kids names
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

What i would give to have taken a year off and then gone to college.  More mature, smarter, over the age of 21 for more then a year.  Stop complaining about something we all wish we could go back and do and enjoy it as long as you can.

Back
Top Bottom