Anyone here do 100 hour work weeks regularly?

one of the surgeons I worked with said she used to work 100 hour weeks regularly :x

one of the surgeons I worked with said she used to work 100 hour weeks regularly
sick.gif
Wouldn't want any surgeon doing a damn thing to me if they were over 50 hours.

That's how you end up with a scalpel left in your kidney.

Fools wildin'

Last edited:
From the beginning of this month until the end of the fiscal year we're on mandatory OT. 10 hour days, 6 days a week.

Never again. I feel like I live at work. The extra 40 hours in OT on my paycheck is lovely, but that **** isn't everything. I'd much rather be kicking it with the fam. At least my job is easy though...just woke up from a 2.5 hour nap. :pimp:

[thread="634477"]So this is just going to be a, "Look how long and hard I work" thread?[/thread]
[thread="634477"] [/thread]
[thread="634477"]Cool[/thread]

How long is your workday on set? I've always wondered how much actual work goes into a show like His & Hers.

my original comment wasn't about investment bankers - it was about Me. If you want to work obscene hours then that's great. Personally, I prefer to have a work/life balance.
Seriously tho, at my former workplace for a lot of those folks that was their life, period. Like they came to work to socialize, thats where their friends were and everything. As a result I couldn't stand the politics. I was like "damb" at the whole scenario. 

Last edited:
Just gotta do what works for you

My best job at the time was second shift 2-10:30. (Aluminum foundry)

Then over time kicked in and I was getting off at 12-2am :x bout time I get off everything was closed and I only had time to work out and make dinner and to sleep for the next day

But the checks were worth it

Now I get the same hours more pay, but 1st shift :pimp:

I regularly work 80 hours a week. Mandatory overtime is a gift and a curse. I get two days off and the first one is spent sleeping.

7am - 11pm (minimum) x 7 days a week, 1 day off a month

money was nice, but now i'm dropping it to 30 hours a week and chilling :smokin

Last edited:
I worked 2 full time jobs for 9 months because I got laid off from my job 5 months after I bought a house. $1,700 a month mortgage with a car payment and everything else is not easy and I had no choice just to stay afloat.

One job was overnights. 4 days a week I was working 2:30pm to 7:30am between both jobs and would do overtime on weekends with the overnight job. Getting 4 hours of sleep on the reg wasn't fun at all. Unless your in that kind of situation I suggest not doing that unless saving for a house or something along the lines of that. Also make sure it's financially worth it.

Quality of work has to be trash once you exceed 60.

I don't even want to hear otherwise. Dudes are absolutely destroying their bodies, I don't see why we glorify people working suicide shifts as something admirable.

I work 40 and still think that's too much for someone to achieve that perfect work-life balance.
For real. 

If you're working 80-100 weeks on that 10am-2am schedule, you better be pulling close to 200k depending on where you live or setting yourself up to retire at 40 to 50 otherwise forget about it.

Im at 50 a week for 6 days and that doesnt include the 2 hours in the gym every night but one, it feels like Im never home. I couldn't even imagine 60+ actually at work.

Last edited:
No, and I never will. After 50 hours it's not even worth it anymore.

If it were up to me, I'd be doing 70 a week for a couple months at a time, but I don't have a family or anything to hold me back.

I'm an apprentice electrician and electricians really can't say no to Overtime. In my local it's double on saturdays and sundays so you really have to have something important happening to say no to $114 an hour.

If there's a shutdown on a jobsite, we will work through the night into our next shift if we have to.

Quality of work has to be trash once you exceed 60.

I don't even want to hear otherwise. Dudes are absolutely destroying their bodies, I don't see why we glorify people working suicide shifts as something admirable.

I work 40 and still think that's too much for someone to achieve that perfect work-life balance.

I don't think so. You get used to it. I have two uncles who work in the utility and they both put in 30hr shifts all the time. You basically go into autopilot.

It was absolutely worth it IMO. I was in Investment Banking for the last 5 years and I've learned more in those 5 years than I've ever learned while formally being in school. The skills, tools and lessons learned on the job helped me with every facet of my life. People ask me all the time if I could, would I go back and do something else. My answer has always been no. It was tough in the beginning and at the expense of having a personal life, but the benefits outweighed the negatives.

I've met some incredible people and had a chance to also see the world. Plus, the money was great. But only when I got to spend it :lol:

Like? I've always heard that as well but when I've asked people to be more specific I've usually gotten pretty useless/generic/BS answers. The 'I learned so much' line just seems like something people say to justify a career choice that in the eyes of most people is only rewarding financially.

I've averaged probably 45-50 hours per week over the last year. I refuse to devote even more of my life to a corporation. 

Used to work 12 hours everyday when I was working at the nissan dealership. Not doing much but standing all day takes a tole on your feet.

Like where im at now, I'm not on salary but I get paid for 8 hours everyday even if I leave 3-4 hours early.

I worked 2 full time jobs for 9 months because I got laid off from my job 5 months after I bought a house. $1,700 a month mortgage with a car payment and everything else is not easy and I had no choice just to stay afloat.

One job was overnights. 4 days a week I was working 2:30pm to 7:30am between both jobs and would do overtime on weekends with the overnight job. Getting 4 hours of sleep on the reg wasn't fun at all. Unless your in that kind of situation I suggest not doing that unless saving for a house or something along the lines of that. Also make sure it's financially worth it.

Did u collect at all or no..and was it easy or hard finding 2 FT jobs..it seems finding 1 gig is tough for some

Did u collect at all or no..and was it easy or hard finding 2 FT jobs..it seems finding 1 gig is tough for some

The over night job was $17/hour and the other was $14/hour. It took some time to find something that would work accordingly. About a couple months.

top 5 things people regret before dying.

no 2.  I wish I hadn't worked so hard. 

shhh is never worth it. 

"make the money don't let it make you" - The Players Club
smokin.gif

To the people talking about working hard being a negative....

is that because you aren't seeing returns you deserve for your work?

Most self made people spent a lifetime working hard...

I don't think Arnold Schwarzenegger is gonna be on his deathbed wishing he spent more time on vacation...

To the people talking about working hard being a negative....

is that because you aren't seeing returns you deserve for your work?

I don't think Arnold Schwarzenegger is gonna be on his deathbed wishing he spent more time on vacation...
I think there is a difference between working hard and working too much. But, everyone wants different things out of their lives. For me, I have a stable job and career, make decent money (I'll never be "rich" but I'll probably max out at around 250k/yr - which I'm ok with), and have a decent work/life balance. I enjoy my work but I don't want it to be my life. I enjoy spending time with my wife, family and friends; traveling, and just trying to do what makes me happy. And that includes not working all the time. What's right for me might not be right for the next person.

You cant compare a celebrities type of work lifestyle to someone who works in a office type setting....

You cant compare a celebrities type of work lifestyle to someone who works in a office type setting....
I guess it has more to do with people working jobs that aren't satisfying/don't give equal return....

If you are doing work that you love... it doesn't matter if the work is done in an office

I do 72-96 hours most weeks, occasionally 120 as a fireman. Thing is I work 24 hour shifts and sleep at night/take naps during the day when we are not busy. That is rare though; I work at one of the busiest stations in the 4th largest FD in the U.S. Firefighters rank as one of the most stressful jobs but also one of the most satisfying jobs. I wouldn't want to do anything else and I've never met a fireman who did not like their job. Anything over 48 hours a week is overtime which also goes towards padding my pension. I still have plenty of time off to do whatever or work extra/another job.

Back
Top Bottom