Anyone here have over $100k in Student Loan DEBT? vol. $

Originally Posted by JuJu

ForeverDecember21 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at the type of person who thinks 100k is debt that isn't managable... its not like cats is dropping 100k to be communications majors, im SURE most these cats with large student loans are going to med, law, grad school to get a job where 100k in debt wont be %!%. 

I never said it isnt managabel but COT %$+%#++ DAMN thats like a house. Thats OD as **%+. And even if they do become surgeons and lawyers. Itll still take them a handful of years to pay it off. Not for me.

$0

I didnt pay a dime to go to school.........I guess its good that parents dont make much sometimes. (Plus i had kids, so that helps allot)

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

$0

I didnt pay a dime to go to school.........I guess its good that parents dont make much sometimes. (Plus i had kids, so that helps allot)
My undergrad was super expensive but they helped me out a lot, I pretty much went the last two years for free but i still came out with 50+ grand in debt. the cost of attendance a year was around 55000
sick.gif

Grad school, that's another question. I got into a military school, I should have gone. Still thinking about taking their scholarship

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

$0

My undergrad was super expensive but they helped me out a lot, I pretty much went the last two years for free but i still came out with 50+ grand in debt. the cost of attendance a year was around 55000
sick.gif

Grad school, that's another question. I got into a military school, I should have gone. Still thinking about taking their scholarship

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I have 107 but with interest right now it's 138K..
frown.gif

I'm goin to grad school for Special Education..

My school that I went to for Undergrad was 25K a year..but i hadda stay extra or else i would've been under 100..

NY/Education field doesn't have a great loan forgiveness program..so i'ma start paying once my grad work is done..

*sigh* it sucks..but i gotta deal with it..
eek.gif

eek.gif

and wat did you go to undergrad for?
#yourdoinitwrong
Social Studies 7-12..but the school I went to is one of the top education colleges in NY state..hell in the nation..plus the extra two years added a lotta money onto my debt or I would've been good..

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I have 107 but with interest right now it's 138K..
frown.gif

I'm goin to grad school for Special Education..

My school that I went to for Undergrad was 25K a year..but i hadda stay extra or else i would've been under 100..

NY/Education field doesn't have a great loan forgiveness program..so i'ma start paying once my grad work is done..

*sigh* it sucks..but i gotta deal with it..
eek.gif

eek.gif

and wat did you go to undergrad for?
#yourdoinitwrong
Social Studies 7-12..but the school I went to is one of the top education colleges in NY state..hell in the nation..plus the extra two years added a lotta money onto my debt or I would've been good..

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

ForeverDecember21 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at the type of person who thinks 100k is debt that isn't managable... its not like cats is dropping 100k to be communications majors, im SURE most these cats with large student loans are going to med, law, grad school to get a job where 100k in debt wont be %!%. 
I never said it isnt managabel but COT %$+%#++ DAMN thats like a house. Thats OD as **%+. And even if they do become surgeons and lawyers. Itll still take them a handful of years to pay it off. Not for me.

naw you right about that one, it is manageable but i will be paying for a while. cause even with the loan forgiveness i was talking about you have to pay a reduced some for the 10 years. but the loan forgiveness isnt a lock, soooooooooooooooooooooo if i didn't get it, id have to pay about 1200-1500 a month in student loans to pay it off in 10 years like you are suppose to... i swear to god imma be doing all kinds of #$% to get those billable hours when i become an attorney if i don't get that loan forgiveness.
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

ForeverDecember21 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

naw you right about that one, it is manageable but i will be paying for a while. cause even with the loan forgiveness i was talking about you have to pay a reduced some for the 10 years. but the loan forgiveness isnt a lock, soooooooooooooooooooooo if i didn't get it, id have to pay about 1200-1500 a month in student loans to pay it off in 10 years like you are suppose to... i swear to god imma be doing all kinds of #$% to get those billable hours when i become an attorney if i don't get that loan forgiveness.
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

after my undergrad and med school I was about 150k in debt. Now I have less than 90k left.

tired.gif
cant wait until its all paid off.

I'm gonna have ~70k in debt when I finish my B.S in Operations Management.

got 3 semesters left, gotta make connections to get a job when I get out.

I'm gonna have ~70k in debt when I finish my B.S in Operations Management.

got 3 semesters left, gotta make connections to get a job when I get out.

after my undergrad and med school I was about 150k in debt. Now I have less than 90k left.

tired.gif
cant wait until its all paid off.

Zero debt from undergrad (worked full time in college).  I'll have around 50k-+*% once I'm done with business school and I already have a job lined up that will let me pay off that thing in a good 2 years.

Zero debt from undergrad (worked full time in college).  I'll have around 50k-+*% once I'm done with business school and I already have a job lined up that will let me pay off that thing in a good 2 years.

I'm at $36K right now.. About $50K when I'm done with undergrad for Business Admin-Marketing/History... Then between $36-44K for Graduate in Secondary Education..

So I guess between $84-$94K (I was giving ball park estimates).. Then get into teaching which with my master's already (instead of having to get it 3-5 years after being hired) I should start at the high $40K's or low $50K's..

And if I get into the High School level where I can teach both History & Business I start in the high $50K range..

I was originally supposed to take PoliSci but unfortunately plans change and switched to History so I could teach.. My goal is when I am in my 30's and mostly paid off I can finish something I started (27 credits short on polisci.. Just the principle for me)..

Back
Top Bottom