Anyone here have over $100k in Student Loan DEBT? vol. $

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

This is why I didn't go to college (graduated in '04). My sister graduated high school in '95. She owed like $20K in loans or something like that. Had 2 kids and was NOT allowed to finish her last year for whatever reason. I remember they began garnishing her paychecks in like '04. They were taking something like $150 out of each paycheck or something like that. And they yanked her for her $6700 tax return 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. I made up my mind then that school was NOT for me if I could not get in free.

On one hand, I made a wise decision because I am living comfortably, make pretty good money, and am debt free. However, I'll be picking up a CNC trade come fall. I'm too smart to NOT be using my brain...
So what are you doing now since you arent in college? I dont really see a good alternative for not going to college for most people. Im not saying to get yourself in 100k debt but 20k of student loan debt isnt THAT bad if you go to college for a good major. That is basically a car. Most people who graduate should be able to pay back 20k. But there are a lot of people who are in college now that shouldnt be in college.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I have 30K, is that a lot?

Depends on your major and your degree. 30k isnt a lot if you are going to be making 60k+ but if you are making 30k a year than obviously its a lot.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I have 30K, is that a lot?

Depends on your major and your degree. 30k isnt a lot if you are going to be making 60k+ but if you are making 30k a year than obviously its a lot.

Yea im in that spot ... Working @ a major record label any barely getting by on my payments ... It's a pain, but if i didn't make that sacrifice i wouldnt have got to where I am now, met my girl, or made a lot of important relationships ... Oh ... And i plan on killing Sallie Mae

Yea im in that spot ... Working @ a major record label any barely getting by on my payments ... It's a pain, but if i didn't make that sacrifice i wouldnt have got to where I am now, met my girl, or made a lot of important relationships ... Oh ... And i plan on killing Sallie Mae

I know a dude near 800k in debt, but hes going to be an Endodontist Making like 400k starting once hes done.

Its all relative and it depends on the type of person. If youre responsible you can handle loans provided the income is there.

I know a dude near 800k in debt, but hes going to be an Endodontist Making like 400k starting once hes done.

Its all relative and it depends on the type of person. If youre responsible you can handle loans provided the income is there.

Essential1 wrote:
An idea for some of us who have a lot of loans.... If your folks allow you to stay rent free... When you get out of college and get your first full time job, for the first year or two stay with your parents, and pay off $20-30K off a year...

You would still have $10-15K in money for yourself.. Which sounds like crap but if you could tolerate it, isn't so bad

Even though youre a huge tool and i disagree with about everything you say politcally, im gonna have to whole heartedly agree with u on this (even though I am not fortunate enough to have this luxury)

Essential1 wrote:
An idea for some of us who have a lot of loans.... If your folks allow you to stay rent free... When you get out of college and get your first full time job, for the first year or two stay with your parents, and pay off $20-30K off a year...

You would still have $10-15K in money for yourself.. Which sounds like crap but if you could tolerate it, isn't so bad

Even though youre a huge tool and i disagree with about everything you say politcally, im gonna have to whole heartedly agree with u on this (even though I am not fortunate enough to have this luxury)

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Starting 400k? Not even....

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Starting 400k? Not even....

Back
Top Bottom