Anyone here just say F it and up and sold their entire collection?

At it's peak my collection reached 472 pairs. I've been downsizing it since 2008 and I am at around 68 pairs. I am trying to get down to 20 pairs, but even that is a challenge.

472? WOWSERS

It's a pain to sell pairs. Since I don't trust eBay and PayPal and Craigslist is flake city

i agree 100% Thats why i use my local cosignment shop here in nyc, its called Image. They do everything FCNY does except they only take 15% commission, unlike FCNY 30%.
You just drop off the kicks and they hit you up when they sell them. Plus they pay in cash, no checks.

Hmm..where is that shop located? Sounds interesting. I went through a phase where I wanted to sell al my stuff. As a result of this, I sat a perfectly restorable pair of black foam pros out in the garbage :smh: biggest mistake ever. Solebythepound, that's a lot of kicks man :lol:. I don't think I'll sell mine but I definitely am not as excited about shoes anymore. It's time to continue to enjoy what I've attained. OP what size are you? :nerd:

Found it nvmd.

Last edited:
I downsized over the past two years from about 175 to 85 pairs..I wish I could get rid of more, but most aren't DS so it makes it hard..Being 35 with almost 100 pairs of shoes is damn near pointless..It seems like once you hit a certain age you just get tired of having all them pairs taking up space..And you kinda start to look at all them shoes and think how you could have bought something else if you didn't spend all that money on shoes or how much you could have in the bank..I'll always love shoes, I'll always check sneaker sites for the latest info, and I'll always buy a pair or two a year..But the days of hitting 10-15 releases a year and scouring the net for "a grail" are long gone..

I'm never going to sell everything, but I'm downsizing and selling off pairs that I realize now I kind of bought partly because of hype :smh:

I sold all of my dunks, and gave all of my am90s to my brother (safaris, quicksilvers, limes, infrareds, mean greens)

i only wear my chukkas, sperrys, cdp IVs, infrared 90s, and brooks running

life's so much simpler :smokin

I think the key to having a good collection is having discernment over WHAT to buy. I had a distinct advantage of working in a store where I can go look at a shoe prior to release, analyze it and decide if I want to cop. A lot of people see a pic of a shoe, run to buy, and have buyer's remorse. It's like this now since everyone basically flocks to anything remotely decent. I told people all the time, if you look at the shoe 2-3 times and ask "should I cop?" or if you look at it once and say you're coppin, you're wasting your money. If you keep looking at a shoe 8,9,10 times. Then buy it, you obviously want that shoe. Not enough people do this. I can't tell you how many people I know that just bought stuff off of impulse and the shoe sits in their stash and they even forget that they bought the damn shoe. If you buy what you truly like, I thin you and your pockets would be better off. I'm not a sneaker snob, but I can see by some people's collections they just pick whatever sometimes, but taste is also subjective so it's whatever.

Never, especially when they are dropping things ive always wanted now

It's a sellers market ninja. The time is now, to many foams I got for $99 selling for 500, dudes buying worn kicks for way over retail. Jump on it while these hype beasts are on kicks because soon they will be on to the next and your sneaker collection won't be worth Porsche money B....

Had up to about 100 kicks at one point but sold the majority of them, only sneakers I kept for casual wear are 1s, 3s, 4s, 6s, and 11s.

i got rid of like 30-40 pairs ive had since high school, a lot of sbs really...kept some og colored boxes stuff but id say ive reduced my collection by at least 1/3, got rid of every air max i had ( just dont look appealing to me anymore, i feel like im wearing shape-ups) 

i still buy shoes but as im older now, im only copping certain jordans and not all the gr's, copping casual colored sbs and not every color and ive gotten a lot of running shoes ( roshe, lunars, frees) 

RIF eh? Anyone else have any comments on going there? I want to start getting rid of my shoes too.. just wasting 2 closet spaces.
I like the staff, but they have the worst communication period. They don't call you when your shoes sell. They NEVER answer the phone and if you're lucky enough to get someone on the phone they most likely will tell you they are too busy and can't let you know what has sold. RIF is a lot better than FCLA though. I am hoping for a co-signment store to open who will have the organization of FCLA (which is the only thing they have going for them)  and the good vibe of RIF. RIF also post dates your check, but at least you can get paid any day of the week unlike FCLA only paying on Tuesdays.

mom said she aint payin for school no more so i sold my whole collection last semester for tuition and school books so i didnt have to take out a loan 
eyes.gif

now my shoe closet consists of about 15 pairs of 40$ vans and 2 pairs of 3s 

im planning to sell most of my collection which about 60+ kicks. all my kicks are VVNDS or better. I need the money for my own crib, not to mention furniture, etc. etc.

[Cutty from the Wire] The game ain't in me no more [/Cutty]

I gave alot of shoes to good will... Don't have the patience to sell....still have about 50 I truly can't get rid of because they were my first sbs, jays, penny 1&2, and my supreme vans... All I want is a pair of 4(black cement) and I can ever find those damn jade air max 1 atmos I will give it up... But looking at my closet I smh sometimes... That money could have went to trips or something better... Also thinking about disposing of vinyl toys and my Xbox 360( play my ps3 more)

mom said she aint payin for school no more so i sold my whole collection last semester for tuition and school books so i didnt have to take out a loan 
eyes.gif

now my shoe closet consists of about 15 pairs of 40$ vans and 2 pairs of 3s 
thats tough,  i somewhat did the same when i was in school. but its for your future, so the investment you made in the shoes will help the investment in school

Funny this post came up.

I'm about to off my whole collection this spring.

Those that wear 11, 11.5, and size 12 (not many size 12) I have so much OG's DS and 1st run retro's.

Keep on the lookout :nerd:

Only thing I don't want to deal with is the scammers, lowballers, and flakers so I'm considering just dropping off most of them to a cosignment shop.

i did...

word of advice to anyone tryna sell...

sell off the best ones and "hard ones to sell" first... makes everything else easier...

Last edited:
I plan on selling a huge portion of my shoes, if not all of them. Just hard most of mine are DS or VNDS all in the $150+ area just cant find buyers. Over most shoes, and JB is making quantity not quality for the most part now. 

i sold my whole collection, then came back, sold it all again, now im back as of late since i been living in NYC

Im down to 10 pairs and 2 kobe ids on its way
Thats including dress shoes and boots.
Im in the market for running shoes though as i just started joining the gym.
I used to have 80 pairs of jordans,lebrons and kobes..
When it comes to jordans i only kept
Bc3, blackreds11 ,concords

Funny this post came up.

I'm about to off my whole collection this spring.

Those that wear 11, 11.5, and size 12 (not many size 12) I have so much OG's DS and 1st run retro's.

Keep on the lookout :nerd:

Only thing I don't want to deal with is the scammers, lowballers, and flakers so I'm considering just dropping off most of them to a cosignment shop.

Where do you plan on doing the majority of the sales?

I downsized a ton since HS. Went from approaching 200 to somewhere around 30. 1 for each day of the month.

I'm basically retired. I only pop back up when JB drops an OG that hasn't been retroed, like the Chicago's & Obsidians.

Back
Top Bottom