Anyone in here ever play Socom 2 for the Playstation 2?

pimp.gif

Just been thinking about this game all day. Damn did I waste hours upon hours in my summertime playing this game. I remember there'd be days where I literally would play from the moment I woke up until I went to sleep. I'd only stop for food. 
laugh.gif
Memories man... No game will ever live up to the fun I had playing this.

socom2.jpg

images

images

Fish Hook and Crossroads were my %!%!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
LOVED this game. I camped like hell though cause I was young.
laugh.gif
Finding those perfect broken camping spots, doing glitches to walk under the map and get kills.
laugh.gif
Good time.

Crossroads!

Probably my favorite game on the PS2. I wish the newer versions of Socom would atleast resemble the greatness of SOCOM 2...But. that's not happening.

SWEET BABY JEEBUS!!!!! FROSTFIRE RESPAWN, SNIPER BOUNDARIES: VIGILANCE, CROSSROADS, FISHHOOK, DESERT GLORY, FOXHUNT, ETC.... ONE OF THE GOATS OF ONLINE GAMING!!!!!  
Adding friends was a b**** tho
laugh.gif
 Oh man, if there is ever a game that i can relive the experience, that would be the game
pimp.gif
 So many hours wasted in this game, but it was well worth it.
roll.gif
at pressing the button to talk, and that noise it make, priceless.
Ohhh man the rankings: "butterstick", "double butterstick", "cookie", and i forgot the term for eagle
roll.gif
was it wings?

Originally Posted by theDEEK

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
LOVED this game. I camped like hell though cause I was young.
laugh.gif
Finding those perfect broken camping spots, doing glitches to walk under the map and get kills.
laugh.gif
Good time.

Hahahaha I remember being young playing and so many older heads would be screaming at me because I'd be camping in corners. I just remember...

socom_screen017.jpg

Those four "rank restrictions" were all I cared about in my life when I was younger. I always wanted to be an "eagle" but I was always a "cookie"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Crossroads!

Probably my favorite game on the PS2. I wish the newer versions of Socom would atleast resemble the greatness of SOCOM 2...But. that's not happening.

Apparently the newest socom for the PS3 attempted to redo some of the old school maps but from what I heard, butchered them and it wasn't even close to as fun. I'd seriously buy a PS3 and Socom again if they just re-released the game.

Originally Posted by ebozek9

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Crossroads!

Apparently the newest socom for the PS3 attempted to redo some of the old school maps but from what I heard, butchered them and it wasn't even close to as fun. I'd seriously buy a PS3 and Socom again if they just re-released the game.

Why can't they just use the old engine, and remake better graphics. don't know how videogames work, but is that possible? If it is, i'll guarantee i'll cop a PS3 just for the game, and many will do the same.

Hell Yeah. I sucked though, but I was playing this before I discovered marijuana. Think I coulda been something special otherwise.

My cousin and I hooked up two ps2's/Tv's side by side and played cuz i didn't have internet.
laugh.gif

I played all 3 quite a bit. Did more spectating than actually playing 'cuz I would die so quick, but I loved every minute of it.

roll.gif

I forgot about "Double Butterstick" but I remember "cookie" because that's what I always was. I'm trying so hard to find the slang for the "eagle" on google. No luck as of now. It's really gonna bother me though
mad.gif

pimp.gif

LOVED this damn game. And the ones for PSP. So many hours wasted.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ebozek9

roll.gif

I forgot about "Double Butterstick" but I remember "cookie" because that's what I always was. I'm trying so hard to find the slang for the "eagle" on google. No luck as of now. It's really gonna bother me though
mad.gif

Had to ask my bro, he said it's just captain. Sorta rings a bell but not quite what i had in mind

the days of the ps2 damn those were good days. i loved this game it was my first shooter game

i loved this game
pimp.gif
i dont know why but the new games only get my attention for an hour tops. but i was on this for days!

potentially dumb question but, are the servers still up? as of not too long ago, they were.
laugh.gif
longest lasting console online game ever..

I used to play madden 05 Mon-Thurs & Socom 2 Fri-Sun for like 10 hours every day till socom 3 came out. . . . CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT WE BANNED GRENADE LAUNCHERS & THE IW!!?!!?! Clan wars was the G.O.A.T gamebattles>>> thanks for bringing back a great memory!

Back
Top Bottom