Anyone in Pharmaceutical Sales....vol whats really good?

As title says, i want to know is there anyone on here who is in pharmaceutical sales (i know this is a long shot asking this type of question on here)? If so, can you list which company you work for, starting salary, pros and cons of the job. i have a college degree, sales experience, and healthcare experience, so i know for a FACT i meet the mininum requires to apply, i just want to know alittle bit more info about pharmaceutical sales and how the game works from someone who ACTUALLY HAS experience with this type of job. thanks in advance NT.  

As title says, i want to know is there anyone on here who is in pharmaceutical sales (i know this is a long shot asking this type of question on here)? If so, can you list which company you work for, starting salary, pros and cons of the job. i have a college degree, sales experience, and healthcare experience, so i know for a FACT i meet the mininum requires to apply, i just want to know alittle bit more info about pharmaceutical sales and how the game works from someone who ACTUALLY HAS experience with this type of job. thanks in advance NT.  

peep the sig

no experience needed, paid on commission, just don't be a sucka

peep the sig

no experience needed, paid on commission, just don't be a sucka

Can't really help you with the pros/cons but I can tell you they have dimes working in pharmaceutical sales.

Also from what I saw, it seemed like a chill gig. Reps would book lunches with physicians, bring in food for the staff and proceed to ramble on and on about the medication.

But I can't stress this enough, most of those reps were gorgeous.

Can't really help you with the pros/cons but I can tell you they have dimes working in pharmaceutical sales.

Also from what I saw, it seemed like a chill gig. Reps would book lunches with physicians, bring in food for the staff and proceed to ramble on and on about the medication.

But I can't stress this enough, most of those reps were gorgeous.

Went on on several interviews years ago for GSK, Lilly, Pfizer, and Novartis.  It's a field that you must know someone to get in, or be a striking female.
There is no starting salary.  It's the last thing that should come up should you get to a final interview and it's all negotiable.  Some starting reps will
settle for $35,000 and some will work out upwards of $65,000.  It all depends on how much you can prove that you are worth.

The Pharmeceutical Sales industry is economy driven, and science driven.  This means that you could lose your job if a drug patent expires, or if
the demand for the drug in your given territory falls off.  If you do find a career, use the money that you save from the company car, free gas, and meals
for a rainy day.  I've had two family members in the industry loss jobs, 4,000 square foot houses, with little real cash saved.  It's a very difficult field to
break into, but once you are in, you can work for company.  And both did find new jobs within a year before their serverance packages ran out.
Don't get discouraged, keep trying, and good luck.

Went on on several interviews years ago for GSK, Lilly, Pfizer, and Novartis.  It's a field that you must know someone to get in, or be a striking female.
There is no starting salary.  It's the last thing that should come up should you get to a final interview and it's all negotiable.  Some starting reps will
settle for $35,000 and some will work out upwards of $65,000.  It all depends on how much you can prove that you are worth.

The Pharmeceutical Sales industry is economy driven, and science driven.  This means that you could lose your job if a drug patent expires, or if
the demand for the drug in your given territory falls off.  If you do find a career, use the money that you save from the company car, free gas, and meals
for a rainy day.  I've had two family members in the industry loss jobs, 4,000 square foot houses, with little real cash saved.  It's a very difficult field to
break into, but once you are in, you can work for company.  And both did find new jobs within a year before their serverance packages ran out.
Don't get discouraged, keep trying, and good luck.

Anyone have any experience with Bayer? I want to start an internship there next year, my friend works there and makes $35/hour. He didn't need a degree to get hired >< I believe he's a supervisor.

Anyone have any experience with Bayer? I want to start an internship there next year, my friend works there and makes $35/hour. He didn't need a degree to get hired >< I believe he's a supervisor.

I just need a Pharmacist connect ...
nerd.gif

That is all

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

35/hr is SICK!!!!! imma look into that. did he start as a supervisor or did he work his way up to supervisor???  

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

35/hr is SICK!!!!! imma look into that. did he start as a supervisor or did he work his way up to supervisor???  

He worked his way up. You can even apply as a janitor and work your way up when people get laid off/quit. You have an advantage because you're already IN the company.

He worked his way up. You can even apply as a janitor and work your way up when people get laid off/quit. You have an advantage because you're already IN the company.

i guess i cant say ive had any experience in the field....but my mom has worked for amgen for the last 10 years
not in sales, but on the science side of it
you should look into them, because I think they have been doing pretty damn well in the last couple years...genentech also

Back
Top Bottom