Anyone on NT not go to college?

I was attending a community college but I recently dropped out. Im 20, but already it seems like its just not for me. I'm always hearing from other people like some family and associates that I'm not really going to get anywhere in life without college, but I see other people who are just fine. Im happy and I enjoy my job so I think I'm good. What do you all think? Is College THAT important?

I was attending a community college but I recently dropped out. Im 20, but already it seems like its just not for me. I'm always hearing from other people like some family and associates that I'm not really going to get anywhere in life without college, but I see other people who are just fine. Im happy and I enjoy my job so I think I'm good. What do you all think? Is College THAT important?

going into the air force to get paid while getting my degree while having an intelligence job with top secret clearance
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

couple more months ill be shipped to basic

going into the air force to get paid while getting my degree while having an intelligence job with top secret clearance
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

couple more months ill be shipped to basic

The key to college is to get experience in your field while you are in there. As soon as you are able ask a professor for an internship.

The key to college is to get experience in your field while you are in there. As soon as you are able ask a professor for an internship.

College is only a money pit that youll spend your whole life trying to pay back with knowledge you never gained, knowledge you only used to pass a test (Majority of people)
unfortunately, you need to go through that to make it through life
Yeah some didn't go to college blah blah, but those people mastered the knowledge they loved to make a living off of it
Use your knowledge, that's what gets you places...

College is only a money pit that youll spend your whole life trying to pay back with knowledge you never gained, knowledge you only used to pass a test (Majority of people)
unfortunately, you need to go through that to make it through life
Yeah some didn't go to college blah blah, but those people mastered the knowledge they loved to make a living off of it
Use your knowledge, that's what gets you places...

I also attended a community college and transferred last semester. I did this because I was able to have my school payed for for 2 years so i just took all of my gen eds. Dropping out was never in my mind, but I honestly did not like community college, I felt like I wasnt getting that experience that other students who went to universities get. I am now at a university and I love it. I think alot of it has to do with the environment. College is what you make it though. I do feel that college is very important because alot of employers want to see that you have a degree in something and they can never take that accomplishment away from you.

Where do you work if thats not too personal?

I also attended a community college and transferred last semester. I did this because I was able to have my school payed for for 2 years so i just took all of my gen eds. Dropping out was never in my mind, but I honestly did not like community college, I felt like I wasnt getting that experience that other students who went to universities get. I am now at a university and I love it. I think alot of it has to do with the environment. College is what you make it though. I do feel that college is very important because alot of employers want to see that you have a degree in something and they can never take that accomplishment away from you.

Where do you work if thats not too personal?

Where do you work at now?...I take it you are no older than 20, believe me when I tell you that you are comfortable now, but as you get older that money becomes less and less...educate yourself, don't tie yourself down to a dead end job

Where do you work at now?...I take it you are no older than 20, believe me when I tell you that you are comfortable now, but as you get older that money becomes less and less...educate yourself, don't tie yourself down to a dead end job

**raises hand**

Wasn't a viable option for me.

Got a decent job with PLENTY of opportunities for advancement.

I'm happy and content with EVERYTHING I have in my life.

$$ is not what brings me happiness. It doesn't hurt to have it, but ultimately, it does not define me.

**raises hand**

$$ is not what brings me happiness. It doesn't hurt to have it, but ultimately, it does not define me.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

**raises hand**

What do you do?
@ OP - I go to trade school for Carpentry.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

**raises hand**

What do you do?
@ OP - I go to trade school for Carpentry.

@ CosmicCanon and ksteezy. I work with the school system at a elementary school as an after school program assistant working with kids.

@ CosmicCanon and ksteezy. I work with the school system at a elementary school as an after school program assistant working with kids.

Did a year and dropped out. Luckily I landed a job on the rail road and I'm pullin in 60 with room for advancement. I'll top out at about mid 80's but I've heard of some guys clearin 100. If you know schools not for you don't waste your time or money. I suggest you find somethin blue collar and get certified in a nice field. Not everyone is built for books and offices.

Back
Top Bottom