Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

You only have to take your iphone with you the first few runs to get calibrated, once it's calibrated the watch does a pretty dang good job of tracking your runs by itself. I've found that the data apple watch collects on my runs (pace, distance, calories, HR) is pretty dead on w/o my phone. ZDnet did a review and found the same.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/running-with-the-apple-watch-yes-you-can-leave-your-iphone-behind/

PS - the watch tracks your HR throughout your Workout and gives you an average at the end...not sure what you mean by random intervals.

Yeah I saw that review. Training for a marathon again so I need exact distances, times, splits, etc and from what I've gathered it's close but not close enough.

Either way I think I'm going to get one and just try carrying my phone with me more.

Found a desperate seller on CL for a SS one and bought it for a nice price. Only had it a few days now and I have to admit its really cool :lol: but I need more time to use it to its full potential . I'll probably keep it until OS 2 comes out and see if its worth keeping. Really hope Viber is working for an app on the watch though

Got my watch last week. Selling it tomorrow. I like it, but the functionality just isnt quite where I would want it to be. Too much of a novelty. Ill wait it out for the next gen to give it another go.

Anyone having issues with time travel? When I scroll the digital crown none of my events show...

You guys enjoying your apple watch? Thinking of treating myself to one for my birthday

I love mine, but I tell most people who ask me about it to wait. I'm a techie who loves watches so its perfect for me, but if you aren't that big into technology and are looking for something revolutionary you're gonna be disappointed in it. If you are looking for an extension of your phone with some cool features and conveniences then go for it.

I love mine, but I tell most people who ask me about it to wait. I'm a techie who loves watches so its perfect for me, but if you aren't that big into technology and are looking for something revolutionary you're gonna be disappointed in it. If you are looking for an extension of your phone with some cool features and conveniences then go for it.

Im a techie also, im just wondering should i wait for the 2nd gen since 2015 is almost over

Im a techie also, im just wondering should i wait for the 2nd gen since 2015 is almost over

IMO the next gen is not coming for a while. Even though the watch outsold every single smartwatch combined it's not a marquee product like Macs, Ipads, and iphones. I think apple will take the slow approach and let developers really dig into the watches capabilities now that they have access to all the sensors... I don't see watch2 hitting until late 2016 early 2017 at the earliest.

IMO the next gen is not coming for a while. Even though the watch outsold every single smartwatch combined it's not a marquee product like Macs, Ipads, and iphones. I think apple will take the slow approach and let developers really dig into the watches capabilities now that they have access to all the sensors... I don't see watch2 hitting until late 2016 early 2017 at the earliest.

Yea its mainly we have to see where devs take the device. Because 400 bucks just to get notifications isnt worth it, i see the future potential though in the devices, but its just should i wait until the devices get there

Man I go back and forth about whether or not I should pick one of these up. I think I've been to the Apple Store 3 or 4 times to mess around with them. :lol:

I just can't seem to pull the trigger though. I really want one but I feel like I'll be underwhelmed with it. Plus I know if I get one, the wife needs one too. :smh: :lol:

Maybe I'll get her one first to see how she likes it AND score points with a random gift.

Anyone ever test how water resistant it is?

I want to know that if I got shoved into a pool I'll be fine if I were to swim out and have my watch be ok.

Picked up the midnight navy sport one. Overall is pretty neat to have if you have expandable income.

so I think it's time to finally pick up an Apple Watch.

Going to pick up the 42mm Black Sport tomorrow.

Any recommendations on must have apps? 

I got the watch like a week ago, honestly my phone battery last longer because of this watch

The text, the GPS, and activity is the only thing I use

Watch isn't really necessary but whatever :lol:

I got the watch like a week ago, honestly my phone battery last longer because of this watch

The text, the GPS, and activity is the only thing I use

Watch isn't really necessary but whatever :lol:

yeah, it's definitely not necessary but very convenient. It has definitely cut down on the times I pull my phone out of my pocket.

Even then watch it be a "S" update

so I think it's time to finally pick up an Apple Watch.

Going to pick up the 42mm Black Sport tomorrow.

Any recommendations on must have apps? 

None they are all crap. If you watch sports then it'll be handy when alerts come in.

Back
Top Bottom