Anyone successfully land a job thru Craigslist?

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

yup...you just gotta realize that anywhere from 50-300 people could be applying for one posting...if you ain't one of the first few that the recruiter thinks qualifies, you SOL...
I think that's a big key. You have to submit AS SOON as a job is posted

New york. Got a job working at paragon sports, its super legit, and to think about it, they are having open houses like crazy from what i heard and they pay very good.

Yea. Like all sites, theres going to be a lot of applications, so the more you submit, the better chance you got.

Landed my current job through CL back in 2009. Started as a scrub correcting bad English for Chinese browser games being ported over to the US. 3 years later, I'm kind of an video game A&R for my company. I review up and coming PC games from China/Korea/Europe and decide whether or not we want to publish them in the US or at our Chinese HQ. Yes, I get to play a sh*tload of games before they come out, but I also have to write a 4 page report on each one. Also, if I turn it down and another company picks it up, I have to pray that it tanks or else I look like an idiot. 
Long story short, don't sleep on CL. There are great jobs on there if you put the time in to search.

I handle the hiring for my company. I typically run an ad on CL every 3 months. Cost is cheap, $ 25 for a month, that' why I advertise there plus a large amount of people see it. The down side as an employer is the quality of what you get applying. We make all applicants apply in person so we can see at least what they look like. As far as bang for your buck and quantity of applicants nothing beats craigslist. I have got maybe 500 applicants in the last 6 months,  interviewed about 100 maybe hired 40 people based off the site. About half have worked out for us. So it does work from an employer point of view, but you need to weed through the under qualified and degenerates to get something good

Sift through the junk, there are legit opportunities.
I think your "inquiry" matters as well.  A concise and well written response, along with attaching a resume can get you a call back asap.

I landed two internships via craigslist: Comedy Central and Game Show Network.  In Los Angeles, and this was about 5-6 years ago.

I also know HR people that have posted looking for people, they look for two things for a call back: 1) Well written response 2) Solid resume attached.

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Nope. lol

I think it's safe to say that 95% of the postings on there are spam.

Word up fam I feel the same way.
laugh.gif

For everyone saying they did land a job, what state u stay in?
I got my current gig through CL.  Been here 8 yrs now.

in LA.

Actually came up on a couple of legit gigs off there, in las vegas the rural areas are pretty close with employers recruiting for demanding CS jobs.

Landing a job on CL is easy.

Finding a career on the other hand
laugh.gif

Just make sure you don't get involved in some BS pyramid scheme masquerading as a "sales" or "marketing" job

Just recently had an interview through CL and have an upcoming second interview this Friday. I applied to 15+ through craigslist and had no one call me back but this one company. Hoping that everyone works out and if it's a success, I'll let you guys know. 
happy.gif

But good luck to everyone job hunting!

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

I handle the hiring for my company. I typically run an ad on CL every 3 months. Cost is cheap, $ 25 for a month, that' why I advertise there plus a large amount of people see it. The down side as an employer is the quality of what you get applying. We make all applicants apply in person so we can see at least what they look like. As far as bang for your buck and quantity of applicants nothing beats craigslist. I have got maybe 500 applicants in the last 6 months,  interviewed about 100 maybe hired 40 people based off the site. About half have worked out for us. So it does work from an employer point of view, but you need to weed through the under qualified and degenerates to get something good

Nice, what company is that - if you dont mind me asking?

I'm in NY State (Applied for a job in Upstate NY for the fall)..had a phone interview first..then I guess they liked me enough to bring me in for a face to face interview..have that interview on Monday..
pimp.gif

If I get offered the job..most likely will take it..good money and it's somethin I want to do..(teach special education students)

I got a job through Craigs still there. Get good money and benefits. My wife also got her job through there well worth checking out. Just remember its a numbers game.

naw.

but about a month ago, before i got my current job back, i applied at a high end steak house via CL. sure as *%+%, when i didnt need the job, i got the call back. told em i was good.

One time i posted a "looking for work," post and some gay %@%*% email me sending a **** pic and being like " Can you take this, ill pay $1400 for a month, can you dress up with a wig..." and some other !#+* i was like 15 at the time. I should have called the cops and got that Ninja arrested.

Originally Posted by hewlett615

One time i posted a "looking for work," post and some gay %@%*% email me sending a **** pic and being like " Can you take this, ill pay $1400 for a month, can you dress up with a wig..." and some other !#+* i was like 15 at the time. I should have called the cops and got that Ninja arrested.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom