Anyone use a Neti Pot?

nwvwe used the pot, but I did use these for years
nose-sucker-left-to-right-300x300.jpg

I stopped though cause water would stay in there for hours unbeknownst to me..  I'd use it 1st thing inthe morning, then 3 hours later at work, a stream of water would come pouring out of my nose when I thought I'd already drained all the water in my sinuses.  So yes, it was effective, but I hated the leakage

I use it with mixed results. I can almost never breathe out of both nostrils. They like alternate closed. It works better than prescription nasal spray for me though.

Originally Posted by CjMoney

I use it with mixed results. I can almost never breathe out of both nostrils. They like alternate closed. It works better than prescription nasal spray for me though.

You will never ever in your life breathe out of both nostrils at once. It is normal to breathe out of one and alternate, thats how it is.

lol. My mother bought one. I have used it a few times when the sinus' are uncomfortable and it has worked very well.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

You will never ever in your life breathe out of both nostrils at once. It is normal to breathe out of one and alternate, thats how it is.

What is this foolishness.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Weird. I just looked it up quickly. I guess it goes in cycles.  Did not know that.

I have quasi-chronic sinus and allergy problems. Started using a neti pot about 3 years ago and they are definitely the bizness.
I would use it everyday instead of waiting to get stuffed up. Warm water + rock salt + neti pot =
pimp.gif

Also, I try to drink hot water with lemon and/or ginger in the morning. Helps with the sinuses as well as makes you feel invigorated without the side effects of caffeine.

Interesting how we all tend to laugh and look down upon holistic healing techniques...until we use them.

i didnt read through the post but one of my bf's is a dr. and she SWEARS by them.

anytime someone says something about sinuses she brings them up.

it worked for my boy, i just couldnt do it.

Originally Posted by And I Love It

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Weird. I just looked it up quickly. I guess it goes in cycles.  Did not know that.

I sit corrected.

I know people that swear by it but I remember this video which makes me not want to do it...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...I'm seriously surprised by the # of NTers who use this.
same
also my Dr. Says some of my sleep/fatique problems might be as much sinus related as sleep apnea
I need to get this just to try out.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^you're probably coughing at night due to post nasal drip...I do the same

Me too. This is turning into a real problem for me and it's been happening for about a month now. I see posts online where people are talking about this happening to them for years and I refuse to deal with it for that long. I also always have mucous in the back of my throat and I'm constantly coughing/clearing my throat throughout the day and it gets ANNOYING!!! Where can I cop the Neti Pot? I need it pretty bad... Drug stores? I'll buy it tomorrow if I can.

Back
Top Bottom