Anyone use a slingbox?

I have a friend that has one and it's pretty neat. I don't think it's worth it since there are a ton of sites that stream live TV.

Really, with good quality and such tho? I am in another country and I have used veetle, channelsurfing, atdhe, and a few random others but it's just not the same. Sometimes the streams are good, sometimes they are not. I don't know when shows are on. With slingbox apparently you can record the shows too. Anyone have anyyyy more info on a quick how it works???? Mucho kudos if you can, thanks.

I've had one for over 3 years. I used it more when I was on WinMo. There isn't an Android player yet, but it is supposedly dropping this summer.

not worth the money. if you can get it for the low...then by all means.

Been using mine for 3 years now, I love it esp. since I can catch up on all the things I DVR during the week while I'm at work or something.  Plus, got fam overseas that use it too

My family uses one..they live in spain and still get every channel from my house in Mass

Check out the new one...its legit

How does it work? All I have over here is a television (through coax cable) and my laptop through ethernet cable plugged in (no wireless). Can I use it to watch television on my laptop? A little confused how it actually works. It semi made it sound like you are controlling the television from wherever you are. Ridiculous question probably, but does that mean the television in the US is being turned off and on, the channels are being changed etc?

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

How does it work? All I have over here is a television (through coax cable) and my laptop through ethernet cable plugged in (no wireless). Can I use it to watch television on my laptop? A little confused how it actually works. It semi made it sound like you are controlling the television from wherever you are. Ridiculous question probably, but does that mean the television in the US is being turned off and on, the channels are being changed etc?
To answer your question yes it basically controls the Cable Box (TV) its connected to.
I've had the slingbox AV for a couple of years... was worth it for me. Watched shows on my laptop in between classes, girlfriend in another state can watch my TV.

Back
Top Bottom