Anyone use Plasti Dip on their car?

I'm planning on using it to black out the window trim and my chrome handles. I may even do the rims too!Anyone every messed with it before?

There was a big thread not too long ago about this, had some vid of a guy blacking out his whole Audi. Looked sick but no way i'd do that to an Audi
laugh.gif

i plastidipped maddd %%+* on my car LOL

Grille, Lip, Antenna, Window Trim, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Stuff is effin awesome

IMG_0891.JPG

grille

IMG_0991.jpg

holds up great, and can be peeled off or rubbed off. so its like idiot proof spray paint. If any stubborn areas use some goo-gone and it will melt away.

i used it on the lip of my 11 camaro ss. does nothing to the paint and it peels off like a sticker if you don't like it. i seen dudes black out their rims in the camaro5 foroums, looks dope and saves u $ if u decide later u dont want black rims or want to pay to powder coat them. plasti dip>>>>

Yes! did the horse on the front of my mustang and the center caps of my wheels. Can't even tell, looks legit

Plasti dipped my wheels.

ive been thinking of buying the kit and doing the entire car
laugh.gif

2uq19pz.jpg

I was skeptical at first, but we did my friends mustang rims and it came out too ill.

Make sure you have patience if you end up using this product. 4 wheels took up pretty much the entire day. We applied 5 coats per wheel.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

Stuff is effin awesome

IMG_0891.JPG

grille

IMG_0991.jpg

holds up great, and can be peeled off or rubbed off. so its like idiot proof spray paint. If any stubborn areas use some goo-gone and it will melt away.

That looks good, when you did the trime did you cover up the roof? I keep imagining that wind would cause some of the spray to hit the roof in random spots

I plasti Dip my rims on my 2007 Impala... Make sure you have tints because it makes the rims stand out better IMO... Makes my car look more aggressive.. I eventually blacked out the middle part.. 
35lalop.jpg

241ulfr.jpg

you need to put 4-5 coats for it to peel off easily and cleanly when you want to get rid of it. If you put too few coats it wont peel off as easy

Originally Posted by Dipsetallday05

Stuff is effin awesome

grille

That looks good, when you did the trime did you cover up the roof? I keep imagining that wind would cause some of the spray to hit the roof in random spots

i taped off about an inch away from the antenna then masked off the rest. BTW masking is important, mask more then you need to. then mask more then that. it gets everywhere from overspray. inch of overspray rips off for a clean cut.

i dipped my grill and wheels matte b;acl... so easy to use...

like zyzz said tho make sure you go min. 3+ coats or it wont peel off worth a damn and youll hafta use goo gone

but seeing as plasti is <7 bucks a can and goo gone like 5 bucks... you can customize the hell out ur whip for 20 bones
pimp.gif

also when applying you wanna take artist like strokes about 6 inches away and be sure not to cake it on thick or itll dry runny and globby...

basically powder coat it over n over again... if you wrap your rotors/calipers with garbage bags/plastic bags you can do it while the rims are one, jus wipe everything down real good and sand down anything thatll stick out

Not my car... but i plasti dip my hard shell backpack. works very well if no wind at all.

Planing to plasti dip my wheels soon.

check the flat white e92 M3 plasti dip on youtube, fonzie did a great job!

Forgot about this stuff.. I plasti-dipped my wheels on my dark green 2000 maxima last summer and it came out
pimp.gif

I have a 2001 Maxima but white now so I might see what I can do
smile.gif

Stuff is effin awesome

IMG_0891.JPG

grille

IMG_0991.jpg

word
i bought a coupe few months ago and i was thinking about copping a matte black grill but i guess imma plasti dip it now
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom