Anyone work for TSA ?

They are hiring in my area and im going to apply . Just wanted to know other peoples exp with them . Did you have someone put in a good word ? what kind of previous exp did you have ? what to expct in the interview process ? Any imput would be great .

I applied and passed all of the tests, but I found another job before they called me back

I applied to a local airport in my area as well, but didn't bother with the TSA position.

what's the pay? and I'm also interested in what's the process to become one. 
nerd.gif

Used to be a TSA person at Reagan Airport (DCA) 5-6 years back. Got the job simply by dropping my resume at a job fair and filling out an app. Had maybe 1-2 random mall jobs prior. If they call you back, you will have to take a few tests that involve behavioral questions and random x-ray stuff (don't know how they score these). If you pass, you go to an interview at their offices. Interview was conducted by a current employee that works in HR, but also does your job 1-2x a week. Basic questions such as, "Why do you want to work here" and "Describe a time you went above and beyond during your job." Next, you'll do a drug test and physical. Then if you pass, you get hired and sent to training for 2 weeks. After training you go and start working in the airport. It is a lot of manual labor, but it's a pretty chill job; depending on your co-workers. Pay was about $10 base an hour with an addition of a cost of living bonus, which brought pay for D.C. to about $13.25. When I left, the organization was going through a ton of changes, so this all could be moot. Good luck.

Originally Posted by locpy

Used to be a TSA person at Reagan Airport (DCA) 5-6 years back. Got the job simply by dropping my resume at a job fair and filling out an app. Had maybe 1-2 random mall jobs prior. If they call you back, you will have to take a few tests that involve behavioral questions and random x-ray stuff (don't know how they score these). If you pass, you go to an interview at their offices. Interview was conducted by a current employee that works in HR, but also does your job 1-2x a week. Basic questions such as, "Why do you want to work here" and "Describe a time you went above and beyond during your job." Next, you'll do a drug test and physical. Then if you pass, you get hired and sent to training for 2 weeks. After training you go and start working in the airport. It is a lot of manual labor, but it's a pretty chill job; depending on your co-workers. Pay was about $10 base an hour with an addition of a cost of living bonus, which brought pay for D.C. to about $13.25. When I left, the organization was going through a ton of changes, so this all could be moot. Good luck.
props man, how was the hours, and why did you leave?
nerd.gif

Hours were horrible for me, but I was doing part-time for school. I remember getting in at like 4:00-5:00 AM and then working til 9-11:30 AM depending on my schedule and/or their needs. There are definitely more reasonable afternoon shifts that you could pick up for either part-time and full-time.  I left when I got into a 4-year school and wanted to take my education seriously.  I proposed a 3 day schedule to try to work on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but they just could not accommodate that.  It's a job where you're either going to love it or hate it.  Most loathe it and the turnover rate is extremely high.

Back
Top Bottom