Anyone working/worked at Finish Line?

It's alright. With the selling that the managers push you to sell, your pay doesn't reflect that. No commission pay. I didn't enjoy my time therebecause the managers were terrible. I would suggest applying somewhere else.

worked there for about 2 years only because i didn't feel like trying to find a new job

if i could do it again i woulda def left earlier

Its sucks... managers were horrible... you wont get your raises on time... only good thing is the 30% discount on EVERYTHING... but my old GM told me thatthey're supposed to be switchin to a commission style thing so it might not be as bad. they push sales too much... then start takin away hours based onthat.

That 30% used to be worth it... but there hasn't been any good shoes lately. Back when i started in '06 it was
pimp.gif

I worked there for about 4 years when I was in high school. I was pretty eager to work and was excited about the discount (30%) so I was a good worker. I endedup moving along and becoming really close with the managers and the GM. Eventually became an AM and things got even better. As an employee they want you topush accessories (cleaners, insoles, socks, hats, backpacks, shoelaces...) and multiples (more than one item sold at a time). It really comes down to a numbersgame, if you show the product everytime, you're bound to hit your numbers as long as you're doing it right.

In my four years I had 10% accessories and 64% multi's all time. Depending on your store, they want a company wide 7% access and 50% multi. Our store hadto pull at least 8% access and 55% multi. If you think you can do it, then go for it. Hours were flexible as long as you're a good worker and had goodcommunication skills.

Edit:
Started: $6.50
$7.50
$8.25
$10.60

Good to know, wouldnt mind working part time maybe full time if the pay is right. But I feel more comfortable where I work and its only Base +.

Originally Posted by dlsilva21

In my four years I had 10% accessories and 64% multi's all time.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
... i worked for 3 years... i think i had like 6.5% acc and 58% multi's orsomethin like that... it was a little higher but when i went off to school i only worked weekends... Sat. mornin jordan and forces releases ftl

it's pretty easy... kep points are to sell accessories and multi sales and you'll get hours...
by far the easiest and most fun job that I've ever held... I was on the winner's circle EVERY week...
only thing that could be improved is base pay... I started at $6.35
smh.gif
ended up making $7.50 before I
left though...

I hated finish line.... only worked there for like 4 months. My manager was a huge jerk.

It was like June... and every time I've come into work for my 13 hours a week... I'd be there for 2 hours and they'd send me home... not to mentionit was a 30 minute drive each way.

So after having that happen like 4 shifts in a row, I skipped a 4 hour shift. Came in the next day and told me I no longer worked there...

Applied for a new job, and literally landed a new one in 3 days with Best buy, triple the hours, and more pay... so I was pretty happy with what happened

I was a GM at store in CA. The saturday releases were horrible. jordans, AMs, and forces all 30% off. the truth is it was a numbers game. the better yournumbers are the more hours you get. basically the better sales person you are the higher you can go in the company.

I worked at Champs and it was straight up...WACK.
Working one day a week is not too cool...
smh.gif

also OP... you can apply for a stocking position there... then you won't have to worry about
a lack of hours or dealing with people... I started at this position and I actually had to ask my
manager to be switched to sales associate because I had too many hours... couldn't work that much
while I was still in h.s.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I will take them into consideration. It's between applying at Nike Outlet or Finish Line.

I worked there for about 4 months. I got promoted to am after a month. I hated my store manager and the pay sucked. As a sales employee there was only one timewhen I didnt get at least $1000 worth of sales in a day. If I were you I'd apply to footlocker

Worked there for a little over a month. Got my DMP pack and 2 weeks later, got the axe! Manager was a #*+%%, he eventually got fired too.

Trinidad 623 hooked me up with the jiz-ob, his punk %$% has been there for like 8 years real talk LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom