Anything NTers have had LASIK? Vol: 8o

my room mate had the procedure done and said it was the best thing he could have done for himself and that it changed his life. im thinking about getting lasik still not sure tho...

I was actually thinking about this too, not anymore 
sick.gif

sick.gif

postRKposttransplantectasia(320).jpg

post_lasik_ectasia_hydrops(320).jpg

Last edited:
Been wearing glasses since i was 8 and im gonna be 19 soon. Hate it sometimes :lol: but im too scared to go through with Lasik

I imagine that your vision will eventually start to go bad again after getting it. 

I've used glasses and contacts for 20 years, I'd enjoy the feeling of waking up and being able to see the TV instead of squinting or looking for my glasses
tired.gif

Didn't Tiger Woods get a special kind done where it increases his depth of field or something?

But everyone I know that has gotten it done says its the best thing they could of done. Just that if you get it too young then you'd need another one 15-20 yrs down the road.

I have a complicated eye condition and I visit the Boston Foundation for Sight every one or two years (usually 1 to 2 week stay for treatment). It was founded by one of the top opthalmologists in the world, so I've met patients from across the globe during my many stays. On one visit I met one lady who had major complications from lasik after 9 perfect years of vision, and on another visit I met an older lady who had perfect vision after lasik for 12 years before her vision completely deteriorated. Do your research OP and know what you are getting into.

I'm not going to get Lasik even though my eye doctor recommended I get it within 5 years (my eyes are pretty damn bad). When the time comes I'm going to go with a safer alternative in PRK. And since I still like to do boxing and play basketball it's the most sensible choice for me.

Last edited:
Contacts?

My Dad got it done. He still wears glasses out of habit though :lol:

Im just so used to myself with glasses i think i look weird without em :lol:

If i got lasik done i'd prob still wanna wear glasses out of habit :lol:

Been wearing glasses since i was 8 and im gonna be 19 soon. Hate it sometimes :lol: but im too scared to go through with Lasik

This. Exactly. :nerd:

I don't think I'll do LASIK, but I may get contacts. Grey contacts :pimp:

Either way, I look weird without my glasses. I'm fine with them

I'm not going to get Lasik even though my eye doctor recommended I get it within 5 years (my eyes are pretty damn bad). When the time comes I'm going to go with a safer alternative in PRK. And since I still like to do boxing and play basketball it's the most sensible choice for me.

PRK :nerd:

I wanted to get into some type of MMA down the line, didn't know if it would be an issue.

My cousin had them done. He said the craziest part of the experience is them burning the eye and you being awake the whole time. He said it was the scariest thing he's ever been through.

I guess they can't put you to sleep because they want to now everything is working good

yeah. with lasik, they clamp your eye open, slice your eye, peel back the flap, laser burn (you can smell it) and then sew the flap back on - all while you're awake and "looking" at it. prk is much faster. clamp eye open, burn and you're done.

Back
Top Bottom