Apple Recalls 1st Gen Ipod Nano

So the dude in the NT thread whos unit actually did catch fire probably threw it away, and thus can't get a replacement? Some companies are so backwards.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

[h1]

• This article was amended on 16 November 2011. The original referred to the first-generation Apple iPod nano being "recalled" over safety fears, and said that owners of this model will receive a free current model once they return their iPod to Apple. Apple have not issued a recall but are offering a free replacement, which will be a replacement first-generation iPod nano rather than a current model.
[/h1]

s

Originally Posted by syxth element

I already requested my shipping box for my nano. I used to put notes in my nano to cheat in my college years 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My screen is broken so I hope they give me a refurbed nano instead of just replacing the battery. 

The screen on mine is broke too. I just have to find it now.

Seriously they're gonna replace these with 7 year old iPods... That is so crazy and dumb.... But whatever mine broke like 4 years ago and has been sitting in a shoe box ever since... once replaced it will still go back into the shoe box. Apple should offer a gift card replacement or something. I would rather have like a 20 dollar iTunes gift card rather than an old nano. But whatever.

I have mine somewhere, just have to look threw some things to find it. I already have 3 ipods I use regularly but wouldn't mind throwing this one back in the rotation 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

[h1]

• This article was amended on 16 November 2011. The original referred to the first-generation Apple iPod nano being "recalled" over safety fears, and said that owners of this model will receive a free current model once they return their iPod to Apple. Apple have not issued a recall but are offering a free replacement, which will be a replacement first-generation iPod nano rather than a current model.

I can't tell if it's supposed to be a current model or just a new old one 
glasses.gif

"receive a free current model"

"be a replacement first-generation iPod nano rather than a current model."
[/h1]

s

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

pimp.gif
winning by not tossing old things

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I am SO mind blown by this thread.
I've had my nano for almost 7 years and something in my head told me...you'll regret throwing me away.
Free replacement?
W2Y2O.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NT is on point with the .gifs tonight
pimp.gif

Wheres Steve Jobs when u need him smh..Stupid on Apples part..Yes i know they value customer loyalty but why recall a 6 yr old product over SAFETY issues..like who still uses their OG nano in 2011
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by Iamchris

I got the nano with the metal front and back..does that qualify??

I'm pretty sure it does.
no it does not. They had a plastic front and a metal back. They only came in black or white
But I find it hard to believe they have that many first gen ipods hanging around. I'm 99% we are gonna get the current model

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...iest-model-If-new-free.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
I pray to Based God that this is true.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ItzJono

Wheres Steve Jobs when u need him smh..Stupid on Apples part..Yes i know they value customer loyalty but why recall a 6 yr old product over SAFETY issues..like who still uses their OG nano in 2011
30t6p3b.gif

this has nothing to do with "customer loyalty."

so you're saying companies shouldnt recall their products when they discover "SAFETY issues"?

seriously?

if anything, they're covering themselves from lawsuits if something does happen when Apple knows about the defect.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

30t6p3b.gif

so you're saying companies shouldnt recall their products when they discover "SAFETY issues"?

seriously?

if anything, they're covering themselves from lawsuits if something does happen when Apple knows about the defect.
No....Just dont think its worth the time/money to recall the 1st gen nano 6 yrs down the road...like anyone uses it anyway..

i kno its better to be SAFE than SORRY but i mean whats the likelihood..jus saying..

Originally Posted by Based Mod

30t6p3b.gif

seriously?

No....Just dont think its worth the time/money to recall the 1st gen nano 6 yrs down the road...like anyone uses it anyway..

i kno its better to be SAFE than SORRY but i mean whats the likelihood..jus saying..

It's all about liability. Apple is putting this offer out there and where or not the people take advantage of it is up to them. That's very little effort on Apples's part because I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that hardly "use it anyway" like you said and won't take the time to fill out the form, wait for the shipping materials, ship it out and wait for the replacement. In the end it will probably be much cheaper to replace these than have to settle lawsuits with people.

Back
Top Bottom