Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Was genuinely surprised at how easily and readily available the 11s were this weekend. Thought they would sell out

Don't let this thread or social media fool you into believing EVERYONE has a new phone. A majority of the population is still on older devices.

Here is data from:
https://deviceatlas.com/blog/most-popular-iphones

iPhone model in use -- Worldwide
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 11.25.41 AM.png

iPhone model in use -- USA
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 11.23.15 AM.png

For me personally, I bought the 6 in 2014. Then the 8 in Feb of this year.
I would have kept using the 6 if the battery wasn't terrible & the performance wasn't so slow. But i was satisfied with how long the 6 lasted me.

I'm sure the iPhone X series and beyond is fantastic, but for my uses, the 8 is great.
I don't want to spend $1000 on a phone, I like the size of the 8 (being able to use it fluidly with one hand, can fit in pocket, not heavy) and I still value Touch ID etc.

But everyone has different tastes, which is why Apple has a ton of variety (color, size, screen, camera, build) during these yearly drops.

PO
I see people with iphone 4s DAILY. I really dont get how these phones are not slowing down bu y now. I am far from a phone snob because i upgrade every two yers due to battery life. Idk how these people still use iphone 4s without smashing them. Alot of people probably buy them new for cheap also.

Can someone tell me if I do the Apple program and they give me 400 for my iPhone is what done is lump Sum or monthly ?

I see people with iphone 4s DAILY. I really dont get how these phones are not slowing down bu y now. I am far from a phone snob because i upgrade every two yers due to battery life. Idk how these people still use iphone 4s without smashing them. Alot of people probably buy them new for cheap also.

My dad still has a 5S and until recently my mom had a 4 - that killed me every time she asked me to fix something. The screen just seemed so small.

I guess they don't care - they’re not browsing social media, just sending texts and the occasional email and sending photos to grandkids. My dad did get the battery changed and my mom’s phone eventually got slow so she upgraded to a 7! Big improvement and does way more than she needs.

Can someone tell me if I do the Apple program and they give me 400 for my iPhone is what done is lump Sum or monthly ?

If you go into a store to trade in your iPhone you get 400 put towards your purchase, or you can have it put on a gift card

Can't lie, having the phone in hand feels nice! Really liking the full screen compared to the 7 plus. Don't really notice the notch to much. Face ID is pretty snappy too! Haven't tested the camera yet but I will. Just wan't to learn the features first. I paid in full so no worries about payments. Copped the space gray 256gb. Don't know what I'm gonna do with all that but oh well :lol: Using the black leather case as well.

Crazy that some local apple stores have stock of the new 11 Pro. Was gonna wait but if they still got some tomorrow I might as well make the upgrade

Anywhere that I can buy just an AirPod case??

My case is dirty and all scratched up. Want to get a new one with a nice case.

Don't let this thread or social media fool you into believing EVERYONE has a new phone. A majority of the population is still on older devices.

Here is data from:
https://deviceatlas.com/blog/most-popular-iphones

iPhone model in use -- Worldwide
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 11.25.41 AM.png

iPhone model in use -- USA
Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 11.23.15 AM.png

For me personally, I bought the 6 in 2014. Then the 8 in Feb of this year.
I would have kept using the 6 if the battery wasn't terrible & the performance wasn't so slow. But i was satisfied with how long the 6 lasted me.

I'm sure the iPhone X series and beyond is fantastic, but for my uses, the 8 is great.
I don't want to spend $1000 on a phone, I like the size of the 8 (being able to use it fluidly with one hand, can fit in pocket, not heavy) and I still value Touch ID etc.

But everyone has different tastes, which is why Apple has a ton of variety (color, size, screen, camera, build) during these yearly drops.

PO
I still rock the 8 and will continue until I either lose it or it stops supporting the latest iOS. I don't care about having the best camera or sharpest screen res, I'd probably still be on the 6S if I didn't lose it in the ocean.

Upgraded from XS Max to the 11 Pro Max(Green) and definitely worth the upgrade. Not sure why the 11 Pro Max feels a tad smaller than the XS Max. I picked up the Otterbox Symmetry clear case yesterday. The green looks like gray to me personally.

True. I don't think you can just buy the shell case. I don't see any youtube tutorials for it and its a unibody design with no visible screws so not sure where you start with that. Gonna have to fork over that $79 or go aftermarket.
Mine were beat too so I threw them in the silicone to take away the eyesore that they are.

True. I don't think you can just buy the shell case. I don't see any youtube tutorials for it and its a unibody design with no visible screws so not sure where you start with that. Gonna have to fork over that $79 or go aftermarket.
Mine were beat too so I threw them in the silicone to take away the eyesore that they are.

$79 for what?

iOS 13 pretty smooth so far. Face ID slightly faster on my X now. Dark mode is nice but I’m going to test it out for a day to see if I want to keep it that way

upgrade iOS, buy a new case, change lockscreen/ background picture.....BOOM, new iPhone :lol:

That’s what it feels like lmao

Back
Top Bottom