Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Think i am going to pass on the 7. Currently have a 6 and couldn't be happier now with the jailbreak back.
I am no really big on pictures so when they update the camera each year its never something that i am stoked on. iOS 10 looks pretty legit but from a hardware standpoint it seems like the same and if they ditch the headphone jack that is actually a negative for me. As discussed in here not a bluetooth headphones guy. I sweat a lot at the gym and break pairs on the regular. I am assuming they will offer "apple only" lightning to headphone dongles or something for $60

Wants for next phone i buy (hardware wise):
Water proof
Stronger screen #teamraw
More screen real estate. Ditch the home button or drop the bezel.
Better display whether that is AMOLED or not
Better battery life maybe wireless charging
A faster processor wouldn't hurt but i honestly don't have an issue with the iphone 6 chipset
Like the 6S i like the haptic feedback i feel like that can def get better and has potential

Gonna look into purchasing a 6+ or 6S+ once the 7 drops. I currently have the Note 5 with 1 year left to go on it. Had an iPhone for 4 years before that and wanted to try something new. I have an Android tablet so I don't hate the OS, it's Samsung I dislike.

What are the best places to look for a used iPhone?

Damn, I am having none of those problems. I'll count myself lucky, I know how these phones get when the new ones start coming out
[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji]

Only issue I see myself constantly having with phones every year is the battery getting crappier and crappier. But that's to be expected.

Battery life on my 6S+ ( iOS 10 BETA) is trash compared to 9.3.4. Wish I would've jailbroke when I had the chance :smh:

I'm zero hyped about the keynote.
I don't see any reason, why I should switch from the 6s. Honestly I don't see why anyone with a 6 or 6s should switch.
The design (if pictures are true), is super lazy and the camera looks even worse. Plus I haven't heard about any spectecular new features.

I have the 6, reasons I personally wanna upgrade:

Battery life on my 6 (2 year phone) has deteriorated

Speed: New iPhone will be significantly faster than my 6 for sure

I have the regular 6 and wanna try the bigger 5.5'' screen with the 7 Plus

Waterproof/ Water Resistant

Dual Lens Camera 

Possible new color

The headphone thing doesn't bother me at all. Rumor is that they're gonna include both the wireless AirPods and the adapter to continue to use your old headphones

Lot of tin foil hats in here. Never had any issues with my iPhone because a new ones released lol.

I had wifi issues with my MacBook Pro which was resolved with an update.

Restore your phone in iTunes without the backup and u should be good.

usually the updates are the reason for it all

This.

You guys have to remember that the new iterations of iOS are released with the new phones for a reason. These software updates are made specifically for the new phone that year, and they're made to fully utilize the power of the new phone.

Because your old phone usually has around 50% of the power of the new one (usually the new model is 2x faster, right?) it makes things not run as smooth and things can fall apart sometimes.

Their priority is on making the new phone look great with a new software made just for it, that's what makes them their big money this time of year. Then following that is making sure it's functional on the last device.

I don't see any reason, why I should switch from the 6s. Honestly I don't see why anyone with a 6 or 6s should switch.
The design (if pictures are true), is super lazy and the camera looks even worse. Plus I haven't heard about any spectecular new features.

The big new features are likely being bugged out right now for the iPhone 8. They're saving the big guns.

I'm on an iPhone 6 and I am definitely ready to upgrade. Why?

1.) Because I can. With Verizon, it'll cost me $30 to pay off my phone enough to trade it in for the new one.
2.) Because I find joy in the small subtle upgrades I'm sure they'll be implementing. AKA faster RAM, a new chip, and hopefully a better battery life.
3.) Space black, b. Space black.

I also stand by the statement I tell everyone regarding phone technology.

Everyone is looking for the next big stride, not even noticing the small progress we've been making with each new iteration of the iPhone. (And I'm mainly just talking about under the hood- chips, speeds, etc) Did you guys see the power scale difference of the current iPhones from the first iPhone? :x

I still remember Apple jumping to 64-bit and almost no one blinked an eye. :rofl:

Overall, it sounds like a lot of you care more about the design / look of the phone rather than the upgrades internally or otherwise.

2 years of working on a new design with show a high payoff come next year. All you guys who want a new looking phone can be sure of that. But for now, this design is actually pretty great IMO and it's the clear choice business move for Apple to hold their big hits for next year.

That 8 better be worth the wait with all this talk I keep hearing about them saving the "big guns" and working on it for 2 years.

If they're waiting on Tim Cook to deliver a fresh and innovative design next year, don't hold your breath. He's been following industry trends since he took over in 2012. Next years iPhone will resemble the Galaxy Edge with a few twists.

The focus on design died with Steve Jobs, they've been riding his wave for past 4 years.

Overall, it sounds like a lot of you care more about the design / look of the phone rather than the upgrades internally or otherwise.

2 years of working on a new design with show a high payoff come next year. All you guys who want a new looking phone can be sure of that. But for now, this design is actually pretty great IMO and it's the clear choice business move for Apple to hold their big hits for next year.
I agree for the most part.  But my thing is that we're used to a major redesign every 2 years (e.g. iPhone 4, 5, 6) while the S models are usually saved for the smaller/refined updates.  Just seems like we're getting small updates 2 years in a row. 

I agree for the most part.  But my thing is that we're used to a major redesign every 2 years (e.g. iPhone 4, 5, 6) while the S models are usually saved for the smaller/refined updates.  Just seems like we're getting small updates 2 years in a row. 

And that's the point.

If they provided a big redesign right now, all of you would jump ship to the new phone and the 10th Anni would fall on an S-style upgrade. Or they would have to do ANOTHER redesign and it would be too much change.

But by doing this 2 year in a row S-style upgrade, they will have all of you 6S users and a lot of 6 users (a lot of yall saying 6 users shouldnt upgrade this year) to upgrade for next year. Your phones will be on its last legs, the new iOS will start slowing it down, that redesign will lock you in, and boom- they got your money.

I don't care either way, really. I'm upgrading to both phones because I love tech and why not.

Apple is mailing it in with this release and going all in with the iPhone 8. Publications like WSJ has been reporting this for months now

And that's the point.

If they provided a big redesign right now, all of you would jump ship to the new phone and the 10th Anni would fall on an S-style upgrade. Or they would have to do ANOTHER redesign and it would be too much change.

But by doing this 2 year in a row S-style upgrade, they will have all of you 6S users and a lot of 6 users (a lot of yall saying 6 users shouldnt upgrade this year) to upgrade for next year. Your phones will be on its last legs, the new iOS will start slowing it down, that redesign will lock you in, and boom- they got your money.

I don't care either way, really. I'm upgrading to both phones because I love tech and why not.
Yea I'm upgrading to both the iPhone 7 and the 2017 iPhone (starting this year I'm just upgrading every year instead of every 2) but another thing is why couldn't they just release it for this year?  What's the big deal about this whole 10 Year Anniversary?  Who cares about an Anniversary.  Just seems like an excuse to wait another year.  But if it's a legit reason that they're waiting to release it this year because it's not perfect and up to Apple standards yet then I understand.  But for "iPhone Anniversary" reasons that I've been hearing sounds stupid.  

Cmon man. Big business companies will find any reason to say something is great and special. Any reason to make something more than just the ordinary release / year.

A 10th anniversary is an easy win if they pull out big upgrades. For an company, any type of product, really.

In my opinion it's the most logical, smart, and proper thing to do in their shoes. We shouldn't be complaining. Getting another iPhone cycle to perfect the things they're working on or add more stuff is only going to benefit us that much more.

If they're waiting on Tim Cook to deliver a fresh and innovative design next year, don't hold your breath. He's been following industry trends since he took over in 2012. Next years iPhone will resemble the Galaxy Edge with a few twists.

The focus on design died with Steve Jobs, they've been riding his wave for past 4 years.

This is true.

To be honest though Samsung hardware (glass unibody and amoled) with the service I love from Apple (iMessage) would be a dream come true for me. Would make the things I feel iOS lacks way easier to deal with with that combo

I agree with all of this. I feel like they will ride waves and just pass it off as something new for the 8. If they do some groundbreaking things that nobody has done or thought of then im all over it.

All this complaining but y'all not going to make that switch back to android, and if you do you'll probably regret it.

Like I said I ain't eem mad if it's a legit reason of perfecting the device before it's released.  If that's the real reason, cool.  Not used to small S upgrades 2 years in a row.  But if they're legit holding off the release this year to wait until next year ONLY for the sole reason of doing an iPhone Anniversary thing when they could easily release it this year and it's definitely ready then yea that's messed up imo.  I think the general public would prefer to just release the phone early rather than wait because an anniversary date is such a significant thing.  We just want the best experience asap but only if it's ready.  Not cutting any corners or by risking quality.   

As an example, when Jobs waited to release the white iPhone because the paint job wasn't up to his standards, that's understandable.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/04/28/white.iphone/

Or when they didn't release the first Apple Watch with certain features missing because it wasn't ready in testing, that's understandable.  But not this anniversary thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom