Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
how do you get the new contract prices when looking at the 6s?

my account is eligable for an upgrade but when i go into the apple site, add my account info and check pricing they are only giving me the payment plan option. I dont want to pay 750 for the phone in any way.

I rather have the discount off the 2yr contract because I know I am not going to switch to another carrier.

Am I missing something when I go to http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s ? or is there another website you guys are seeing these prices at?
Did you go here?

https://buyiphone1.apple.com/WebObjects/IPACustomer.woa/wa/IPAToolAction/springboard

how do you get the new contract prices when looking at the 6s?

my account is eligable for an upgrade but when i go into the apple site, add my account info and check pricing they are only giving me the payment plan option. I dont want to pay 750 for the phone in any way.

I rather have the discount off the 2yr contract because I know I am not going to switch to another carrier.

Am I missing something when I go to http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s ? or is there another website you guys are seeing these prices at?

View media item 1707567

From what I was told by the APPLE REP via chat, Att has done away with the 2 year phone upgrades at a subsidized price. Your only choices now are paying for the phone in full up front, or doing ATT Next. Pretty pissed off about it myself, but that's life I guess. LOL $750 for a phone is ridiculous.

I am eligible to upgrade on the 21st

I hope it lets me preorder at the reduce price tonight

The guy at the AT&T store wasn't sure if it would

Last edited:
Yes, but when i put my account info in i gett he page saying i only quality for the payment plan options.

It's odd cause when I log into my ATT account page it says I am eligable for an upgrade (new contract)

Yes, but when i put my account info in i gett he page saying i only quality for the payment plan options.

It's odd cause when I log into my ATT account page it says I am eligable for an upgrade (new contract)
Guy above has the right answer. It's AT&T.

From what I was told by the APPLE REP via chat, Att has done away with the 2 year phone upgrades at a subsidized price. Your only choices now are paying for the phone in full up front, or doing ATT Next. Pretty pissed off about it myself, but that's life I guess. LOL $750 for a phone is ridiculous.
Yup, I just used that link up there with AT&T and got either full retail option, or the AT&T Next program option for 20 months. The 6S+ 64gb was $849 and the 128gb is $949 
sick.gif

I have been running contract free for 2 years now (Nexus 5, OPO, Nexus 6, and then traded for a 6+ 64gb) 
mean.gif

I see why people still trying to sell their 64gb iPhone 6 for $500 now 
laugh.gif

I see why people still trying to sell their 64gb iPhone 6 for $500 now 
laugh.gif
I mean that's exactly what I'm gonna do next year, but not after the keynote, that's just stupid... sell high a month before it, before prices crash. That's an easy  $500 if you sell at the right time...

Thanks for explaining that to me.

I actually called them to and was getting a similar answer but I was confused when i saw others post prices showing you can buy a 64GB 6s for 300. Thats what I want to pay.

750 is a crap ton of money for a phone, I guess ATTs view is, "pay the 750 and go to whatever carrier you want with the phone" they dont need to try to tie down customers anymore.

The game done changed :smh: but I guess its for the better.

I don't mind spending the $450 (iphone 6 plus 64gig) every 2 years to upgrade, and being able to keep my phone. But to pay full price for a phone or doing stupid ATT next is a total game changer for me, I wont be getting a new iphone unless I break the damn thing or its really behind the times!

I mean that's exactly what I'm gonna do next year, but not after the keynote, that's just stupid... sell high a month before it, before prices crash. That's an easy  $500 if you sell at the right time...
Right. These people waited too late in my opinion. You can't post like that the day after the keynote for the new one. 
laugh.gif

I was just looking at the 6 because I was thinking of grabbing one for the wife because she always claims I take better pics than her S5 can, haha. 

I will give it another month or so once the new one drops and those prices should be down too. I am going to check CL around me too. 

Right. These people waited too late in my opinion. You can't post like that the day after the keynote for the new one. 
laugh.gif

I was just looking at the 6 because I was thinking of grabbing one for the wife because she always claims I take better pics than her S5 can, haha. 

I will give it another month or so once the new one drops and those prices should be down too. I am going to check CL around me too. 
Buy now. Buddy of mine just bought an AT&T 6 for $275 on CL because they're panicking. Right now is by far the best time to buy, prices will stabilize soon...

Wondering if I can still do the Apple upgrade plan with ATT or if I'm forced to use ATT Next.  Apple upgrade plan definitely seems like the better deal.

So my main question is, if I get the the new phone through the iPhone upgrade program, since it out of contract would I see a reduction in my monthly bill?
Since I wouldn't be buying at a subsidized price.

My phone slid out of my pocket when I was benching without realizing it and then I dropped a 40 lb dumbbell on it accidentally. Surprisingly my screen did not crack but the phone bent (I bent it back close to shape) and now has a dent in the back and some minor purple and yellow spots that show in the middle of the screen when the background is black on my phone. Seems to be working fine right now though.

I don't think I bought insurance or anything when I got this phone. iPhone 6 with AT&T I've had since release day. Am I covered here at all if I want to get this fixed? What are my options? Appreciate any responses. I don't need a replacement yet as it works okay but I would like to know what my options are here.

Last edited:
You don't really have any options. You don't have insurance and you won't be able to get anything done under a manufacturers warranty either. You could add insurance now and then make a claim later though I assume.

Buy now. Buddy of mine just bought an AT&T 6 for $275 on CL because they're panicking. Right now is by far the best time to buy, prices will stabilize soon...
Guess I shall play the game and hope I can find a decent one around here soon for her. 

So my main question is, if I get the the new phone through the iPhone upgrade program, since it out of contract would I see a reduction in my monthly bill?
Since I wouldn't be buying at a subsidized price.
You would see a reduction in the monthly bill if you use one of their new monthly plans. Keep in mind even though your monthly bill gets lower you're still paying another bill to Apple so it's the same thing :lol:

ok, i see they cut your monthly access fee down to $15 from $40 a month if you buy a phone with the 24th month plan... but i wonder if it stays $15 a month once you pay it off??

if this is the case buying a phone with that plan seems like they way to go.. yeah, you pay full price for the phone, but your monthly access fee drops down

ok, i see they cut your monthly access fee down to $15 from $40 a month if you buy a phone with the 24th month plan... but i wonder if it stays $15 a month once you pay it off??

if this is the case buying a phone with that plan seems like they way to go.. yeah, you pay full price for the phone, but your monthly access fee drops down

It does from what I understand. that's what the allure of the edge plan was for me. I got to get the phones free of charge without an increase to my bill when everything is said done because of the bill credits on multiple lines

It does from what I understand. that's what the allure of the edge plan was for me. I got to get the phones free of charge without an increase to my bill when everything is said done because of the bill credits on multiple lines
Yeah, if my monthly access fee stay at $15 a month after i pay the phone off that's the way to go for me...

i'm gonna ask them

edit: they said it does stay $15 a month instead of the $40 once i pay it off 

Last edited:
Don't trust selling in craiglists and don't have eBay. Any other ways to get top dollar for my unlocked 6+?

Even after it drops the price still gonna be high

Don't trust selling in craiglists and don't have eBay. Any other ways to get top dollar for my unlocked 6+?

Even after it drops the price still gonna be high

I always go ebay messages + paypal. Either that or craigslist buyers I meet at the local bank. I'm going to go the ebay route this time though hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom