Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Hey guys I know this an iPhone 5 thread but couldnt find anything on the 4S here. Looking to get one as a gift but gf has tmobile. Is it only the AT&T one thats unlockable? Or can I get a Verizon one as well? 

hows you guys battery life holding up?
Pretty good actually.

I probably have the screen running like 4-5 hours a day. LTE is on at work WIFI at home. I get push e-mails from Gmail, about 50-60 per day. I need to charge typical every 1.5 days?

I have a sprint 4s too. Wish I could take my phone to Tmo. :frown:
I actually want a 5 too any good priced 32gb models?

hows you guys battery life holding up?
Still drains fast. I mostly use the web browser and instagram. apple uses weak batteries in their phones. Like I said before, if they don't use bigger batteries in future phones, i'm looking elsewhere.

I have 4s on Sprint. I can't take this slow data anymore. I'm switching to ATT when this is up.

Since T-mobile is officially getting the iPhone next year I'm holding out until they release it. I'm sure it will coincide with their LTE launch so I'm just gonna have to put up with Sprint until then. They'll be the only GSM carrier with true unlimited data so I'm not even gonna bother with AT&T/Verizon and their data caps.

Anyone else have a loose Wake up button on their Iphone 5? I feel like it rattles a bit, not too loud but I can hear it...

Also any cases that people are recomending ?

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-iphone-5-walmart-sales-20121214,0,1234780.story

and att dropping their prices by 30% on iphone 5 plus the refurb version for 99.If anyone out to get one now is the time.

didnt read article but its clear something is happening with everyone discounting the iphone 5. The iPHone 5 isnt bad at all but it hasnt done anything remarkable to set its self apart more so only finally catching up. I think with Tim Cook cleaning house how he is maybe not the iphone 5s but the iPhone 6 will be real deal.

didnt read article but its clear something is happening with everyone discounting the iphone 5. The iPHone 5 isnt bad at all but it hasnt done anything remarkable to set its self apart more so only finally catching up. I think with Tim Cook cleaning house how he is maybe not the iphone 5s but the iPhone 6 will be real deal.
You have zero idea what you're talking about. Discounts are used to bring customers into the store so they can buy other garbage. Advertise the most wanted holiday item for sale, everyone comes in.

Bu have you tried to find one at Walmart? You can't. They're never in stock. So the customer comes in, gets pissed, but oh, they're already in the store so they may as well do some holiday shopping. And pick up some toilet paper too.

The hardest step for brick and mortar stores is to get the customer into the store. Big discounts on hot items is how they do it.

You have zero idea what you're talking about. Discounts are used to bring customers into the store so they can buy other garbage. Advertise the most wanted holiday item for sale, everyone comes in.
Bu have you tried to find one at Walmart? You can't. They're never in stock. So the customer comes in, gets pissed, but oh, they're already in the store so they may as well do some holiday shopping. And pick up some toilet paper too.
The hardest step for brick and mortar stores is to get the customer into the store. Big discounts on hot items is how they do it.

Nah I know what I`m talking about worked in Wireless for 2 years. Its part of Apples Contract that retailers could not make any discounts on their own, all discounts went through apple. I know what the purpose of a discount is, I know how the Apple Contract works, I worked at Corporate Wireless location, Apple controls every aspect of the iphone even down to how companies can display it in stores.
Why do you think when companies like Wal Mart did black friday for things like iPads they included a 50 dollar gift card instead of just taking 50 dollars off the ipad.

So holla back.

Nah I know what I`m talking about worked in Wireless for 2 years. Its part of Apples Contract that retailers could not make any discounts on their own, all discounts went through apple. I know what the purpose of a discount is, I know how the Apple Contract works, I worked at Corporate Wireless location, Apple controls every aspect of the iphone even down to how companies can display it in stores.
Why do you think when companies like Wal Mart did black friday for things like iPads they included a 50 dollar gift card instead of just taking 50 dollars off the ipad.
So holla back.
Also to add how would the getting ppl in the store idea work for cellular retailers.... and in particular the apple store? So according to the other guy apple will discount the iphone 5 so much so to the point it cost the same as the 4s...only to "conveniently"be out, to get ppl to what, buy an ipod/mac/ipad instead.....
tired.gif

So holla back.
You're not telling me anything that I don't already know.

You insinuated that there must be something happening for the iPhone 5 to be discounted. Radio Shack and Target, at the least, offered similar discounts last holiday season on the 4S and 4. Cellular providers offering a discount follows the same logic as Walmart. Get the customer to buy a phone, then try to sell them an overpriced, high margin case or some other POS accessory.

Also to add how would the getting ppl in the store idea work for cellular retailers.... and in particular the apple store? So according to the other guy apple will discount the iphone 5 so much so to the point it cost the same as the 4s...only to "conveniently"be out, to get ppl to what, buy an ipod/mac/ipad instead.....|I

exactly, I worked for Verizon, we could discount Android devices AT WILL, but Apple Devices was a BIG NO NO, we could give you discount on anything but that. Apple his the strictist contract for their devices being sold somewhere. Why do you think at Best buy Apple is the only brand with their products in their own area has nothing do do with Different OS because you see android stuff right next to windows.

Apple has it to the point that for their releases Retailers have to use a different POS system because they track all of their sales for release numbers. lol I think DaJoka is the cat who has apple stock so he thinks hes certified or something.

Apple is sweating right now thus the fact you see discounted 5s because you gotta people who have never had LTE and or know anything about specs just buying iphone 4s in stead of the 5 because they don't care about the larger screen. Heck I had so many people buying the 4 instead of 4s when it dropped because "they didnt care about Siri"

I`ll never go to Android because its just so buggy and I dont like the OS at all, Apple has to adjust quick and I think Tim Cook is trying to break the old mold Steve Jobs was so stuck on. Windows Phone 8 is legit just lacks apps. And RIM could be making a come back, not one large enough to be number 1 but one that could lower Apples market share even more from the on the fence people who are getting their first smart phone.

:lol: I know more about this company than you ever will.
Apple isn't sweating ****. We could talk about it more, but I'll just wait for January 24 to come around.

says the person who knows zero about the relations Apple has with the actual wireless companies. k

You're not telling me anything that I don't already know.
You insinuated that there must be something happening for the iPhone 5 to be discounted. Radio Shack and Target, at the least, offered similar discounts last holiday season on the 4S and 4. Cellular providers offering a discount follows the same logic as Walmart. Get the customer to buy a phone, then try to sell them an overpriced, high margin case or some other POS accessory.
But again how does that play into cellular stores...also would having a cellphone on sale really prompt ppl to buy cellular accesories they wouldnt have bought if the phone had not been on sale? And yea the iphone 4s was on sale. But it wasnt the same price as the 4. The fact that the iphone 5 and 4s cost the same price speaks volumes.....I dont know if it is due to them overproducing and underselling, or the sales in general just arent that great, or due to most previous iphone users saw no real reason/purpose to update thus extreme drop in sales (apple core iphone market is previous iphone owners)... So who knows. Plus with iphone 5s releasing roughly around early/mid summer with all the updates/features ppl expected with the 5, all this could play a big part in slumping sales and drastic price reductions of the iphone 5.

also you can use sand paper (lower grid) to buff out and clear the back of the phone of chips etc... and clean up scars/scratches... This is obvious the back and bezel around the phone...(just in case ppl somehow thought anywhere else on the phone)

Back
Top Bottom