Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

But again how does that play into cellular stores...also would having a cellphone on sale really prompt ppl to buy cellular accesories they wouldnt have bought if the phone had not been on sale? And yea the iphone 4s was on sale. But it wasnt the same price as the 4. The fact that the iphone 5 and 4s cost the same price speaks volumes.....I dont know if it is due to them overproducing and underselling, or the sales in general just arent that great, or due to most previous iphone users saw no real reason/purpose to update thus extreme drop in sales (apple core iphone market is previous iphone owners)... So who knows. Plus with iphone 5s releasing roughly around early/mid summer with all the updates/features ppl expected with the 5, all this could play a big part in slumping sales and drastic price reductions of the iphone 5.

lol everyone knows that Apple has actually been underproducing the iphone 5 because Foxxcon is complaining about how hard it is to mass produce because of the flaw with the aluminum backing. Iphone 5 isnt hard to get at all besides in small cities/ cities that dont have Apple Stores. Look at how their stock prices have plummeted. Apple isnt worried about other companies because the way they run they gonna eat regardless. But in regards to consumers Companies like Samsung flooding the media with their campaigns, then Windows 8 phones being cheap but a good product, its not as easy for iPhones to sell anymore, especially to someone who goes know going into a Sprint store and seeing the iPhone 4s for 99 and the GS3 the Same price as the 5 or cheaper, right now the only Apple has over everyone is an AMAZING ecosystem, but not everyone can invest the money into fully entering that ecosystem which is why many on the fence consumers are buying the 4s and heck the 4 because its dirt cheap and they cant see a reason to get the 5 because more than liekly they have never used LTE and won't take advantage of the processor.

Well I got my MBP for $1099 from Micro Center. Arent MBP $1199? It said right there plain as day on the ad that MBP's were disocunted $100.

I think they also have sales going on for iPads and whatnot. What you are saying is for phones only Luch?

Edit

Whats the flaw of the aluminum backing? Prone to scratches?

Last edited:
lol everyone knows that Apple has actually been underproducing the iphone 5 because Foxxcon is complaining about how hard it is to mass produce because of the flaw with the aluminum backing. Iphone 5 isnt hard to get at all besides in small cities/ cities that dont have Apple Stores. Look at how their stock prices have plummeted. Apple isnt worried about other companies because the way they run they gonna eat regardless. But in regards to consumers Companies like Samsung flooding the media with their campaigns, then Windows 8 phones being cheap but a good product, its not as easy for iPhones to sell anymore, especially to someone who goes know going into a Sprint store and seeing the iPhone 4s for 99 and the GS3 the Same price as the 5 or cheaper, right now the only Apple has over everyone is an AMAZING ecosystem, but not everyone can invest the money into fully entering that ecosystem which is why many on the fence consumers are buying the 4s and heck the 4 because its dirt cheap and they cant see a reason to get the 5 because more than liekly they have never used LTE and won't take advantage of the processor.
i mean i kinda get that... except this part...

but not everyone can invest the money into fully entering that ecosystem which is why many on the fence consumers are buying the 4s and heck the 4 because its dirt cheap and they cant see a reason to get the 5 because more than liekly they have never used LTE and won't take advantage of the processor.

And how does that change in regards to choosing the iphone 4s vs. the 5? I mean im going into a store, i see the iphone 4s and the iphone 5... i play etc.. with both and see that their are differences etc lte. But the phones at the end of the day cost the same amount.

I mean it just doesnt make sense, even from a just basic consumer standpoint, i see two phones, one is this years model, the other is like 2 yrs old. And the difference is one phone is faster and get lte speeds. So despite no difference in price ill just go with the older model. Im just saying if your just an avid person, and shopping for a new phone, or just products in general who goes out and pay the same for an older model all because they dont understand how the phone works and they never used high speed data on a cell phone.

Yea i mean they are underproducing now... but i take that as the fact the phone outside of launch, sales werent what was expected and alot lower then they could imagine. But like i said before i cant recall a time apple had any model of any product in which a newer model with newer features etc, practically just release was the same price as a several year old model.

Can anyone else confirm :nerd:

No it cannot. Well definetely not on tmobile. Sprint and verizon are CDMA carriers and tmboile is GSM. It probably can be done on verizon but both carriers use ESN's (electronic serial numbers) and verizon always can catch if its not an OG verizon phone. So basically no for both carriers.

No it cannot. Well definetely not on tmobile. Sprint and verizon are CDMA carriers and tmboile is GSM. It probably can be done on verizon but both carriers use ESN's (electronic serial numbers) and verizon always can catch if its not an OG verizon phone. So basically no for both carriers.

Iphone 5 on Verizon is the only one that can be used on all GSM.

summer, as normal you wont know details til close to announcement.
just off past experience and history with apple ususally the early details/prototypes etc....that apple claim arent true 99% of the time are true...ie the prototype and description of iphone 5...was the exact same thing outside nfc... the iphone 4 being the same thing except a new camera and updated siri built in...the iphone 4 a year early rederings etc... and specs...were all true.

So far its looking like iphone 5s... is a samsung s3 (lite)

Hey I got an iPad as a gift but would rather have the mini. I have no idea where it was bought from but can I just got to the apple store and exchange it for store credit. It's still unopened and I don't wanna let the person know I'm trading it in

^
is it a ipad 2 or ipad 3rd gen or 4th gen

if its a 3rd or 4th gen KEEP IT

the specs on the ipad mini are garbo

they got people goin crazy like they getting a updated ipad just smaller but they not!

it doesnt have a retina screen and it has all the old ipad 2 specs

that just means 1 thing.......

the ipad mini 2 is right around the corner with the updates to the current 3rd gen and 4th gen ipad making it seem like that actually added features :smh:

Hey I got an iPad as a gift but would rather have the mini. I have no idea where it was bought from but can I just got to the apple store and exchange it for store credit. It's still unopened and I don't wanna let the person know I'm trading it in
You can't do that. Although maybe they can scan it and if it came from the Apple store you could.

Has anyone copped one of those cheap Chinese lightning cables? Are they any good? Don't want to buy an adapter because ill end up loosing it and $20 for a cable
sick.gif
no thanks

Has anyone copped one of those cheap Chinese lightning cables? Are they any good? Don't want to buy an adapter because ill end up loosing it and $20 for a cable :x no thanks

Maybe this helps you or not, but I know somebody in here could benefit from visiting www.dailysteals.com iPhone 5 bundle for $8...check it out.

Well, looks like I'll be getting the iPhone 5 next week with Best Buys end of year sale. I was on the fence about getting the IP5 or the Optimus G for a long time, but the horrid picture quality from the Optimus G was just a deal breaker for me.

Well, looks like I'll be getting the iPhone 5 next week with Best Buys end of year sale. I was on the fence about getting the IP5 or the Optimus G for a long time, but the horrid picture quality from the Optimus G was just a deal breaker for me.

Camera quality of android devices is what keeps me away from them (outside of they wont be optimal for using with all my electronics that are apple) I catch flack but clowns act like a camera isnt one of the most important things on a phone more important then some damn widgets. I took my iphone 5 in the store and did side by side shots with the Note 2 and quality of note 2 pics were so poor and washed out. Whats crazy is that the Window 8 phones are better build than the Android devices And Camera equal if not better than iphone 8. Windows 8 is crazy good its just its lack of depth when it comes to app that would make me never use it as a main device and that I dont use anything windows based besides at work.

Back
Top Bottom