Appreciate watching Lebron

I am not a Cavs fan and still think the Lakers are going to win the whole thing but watching Lebron take his game to another level is incredible to watch. Youknow when you see something special going on and this really has the feel of Mj around 1990 91 when you could tell it was inevitable the Bulls would win verysoon. We as basketball fans are lucky to watch this guys career become legendary before our very eyes because Lebron is a once in a generation player. We havebeen lucky to see three once in a generation players all within a span of fifteen years with Jordan Kobe and Lebron. So to all the true hoop heads that reallyunderstand what im talkin about savor watching lebron and i pray that there is a lakers cavs finals. it would be so important for the nba

I didn't even read what op typed.

But i must say, its performances like the ones tonight, that really make me think Lebron is gonna go down as the G.O.A.T.
He's gonna have nights like this on a consistant basis for the next decade
sick.gif
laugh.gif

im a true believer now, i had my doubts and was nitpicking his gm, but the guy is this good at such a young age.

this guy is magic johnson on roids, lol

THE THING THAT IMPRESSES ME ABOUT LBJ IS HOW FAST HE BECAME GREAT...

All the other top players took a few years, it seems like he was on an ALL-STAR level from his first game...

Originally Posted by MJsaver

All the other top players took a few years, it seems like he was on an ALL-STAR level from his first game...
What do you mean? He's been in the league for a minute.

Originally Posted by Gregory House

Originally Posted by MJsaver

What do you mean? He's been in the league for a minute.

6 seasons is fast, as an example, paul pierce been in the league for like 12 seasons I'm not sure, but Lebron has learned what pierce learned in 6 seasons.

You're about 2 years late.

His "coming out" game was Game 5 vs. the Detroit in 2007.

Pierce has been good a long time. He was just unfortunate enough to be on a horrible team for so many years.

But yes, Lebron is simply amazing.

^ I was thinking that exact same thing.

As soon as I saw that game and performance I was officially a believer.

I've been nit picking his game for a minute, but there is no denying his talents. Will he be the greatest ever? I don't know...I still enjoy Kobe alot more just because his skill level is ridiculous. LB gets by a lot of times on his body. He can dominate a game on both ends and I am praying for aCavs/Lakers final. Still, I really don't need to pray for that one.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

I've been nit picking his game for a minute, but there is no denying his talents. Will he be the greatest ever? I don't know...I still enjoy Kobe a lot more just because his skill level is ridiculous. LB gets by a lot of times on his body. He can dominate a game on both ends and I am praying for a Cavs/Lakers final. Still, I really don't need to pray for that one.
That can only be determined by what a player does when his body starts breaking down and he has to learn to adjust to it.
At first, I assumed that LeBron will never be able to adjust because of how much he relies on his athleticism.
But then I remember, "this damn guy has the body and size of a power forward".
So instead of working on his perimeter game like Jordan and Kobe have done, I see LeBron turning into a beast of a PF in the low blocks once he's not ableto jump 50 feet anymore. 'Till that happens, the GOAT tag has to wait.

--Agreed. Lebron is truly something special. We are all extremey lucky to be able to witness this guy play.
--Bron is a straight up beast.

Yes watching Lebron play is always fun and exciting...just so crazy how he makes his teammates better players.

Honestly....to me he's great. But its hard for me to like him since the media is all on his nuts 24/7. I would like him more if the media didnt try toforce him onto us. Its like everywhere i turn, LEBRON this LEbron that. King Lebron this.

But besides that, he's a special player. If dude developed a consistent jumper ala Kobe and MJ, you might see a new GOAT

he is definitely a beast.. but i don't see him becoming the GOAT. if he steps up his dedication and mentality towards the game to the level of MJ and Kobe,then he will definitely have a chance. but as of now, i see him as an incredibly talented player who will probably have the league on lock for years.

Ive been watching Lebron since 01'.....everybody in Cleveland/Akron knew he was going to be a savage one day.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

he is definitely a beast.. but i don't see him becoming the GOAT. if he steps up his dedication and mentality towards the game to the level of MJ and Kobe, then he will definitely have a chance. but as of now, i see him as an incredibly talented player who will probably have the league on lock for years.

elaborate?

seems to me he ups every dimension of his game every year. And if you mean a killer instinct by mentality, hes always been team first so its never worn on hissleeve, but trust me its there.

Back in 2003, if someone told me that he would live up to the hype he was getting then, and then some, I would've given him one of these:

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

he is definitely a beast.. but i don't see him becoming the GOAT. if he steps up his dedication and mentality towards the game to the level of MJ and Kobe, then he will definitely have a chance. but as of now, i see him as an incredibly talented player who will probably have the league on lock for years.

elaborate?

seems to me he ups every dimension of his game every year. And if you mean a killer instinct by mentality, hes always been team first so its never worn on his sleeve, but trust me its there.
every great player adds dimensions to their game every year. Jordan just did it beyond the level of anybody else who has ever played. you have torealize that despite all of Lebron's improvements and achievements, he is still not on a progression to surpass Jordan. nobody is. so it's not like youcan just say "well, if he keeps doing what he's doing, he'll be better than MJ in no time." the hardest worker and most mentally tough playerin the NBA right now is still falling well short of MJ. Lebron has more talent to start with, but he will at least have to equal that work ethic and mentalityto even come close.

and you say Lebron has the Jordanesque-killer instinct inside? really? if you say so... but ask any basketball fan for the top 5 players in NBA history whothey'd want with the ball in their hands for a final possession, and none of them will name Lebron, at least not right now. everybody will name Jordan (aswell as an active NBA player: Kobe Bryant, hence why i mentioned him) among that five.

we know Lebron won the genetic lottery physically, but assuming that he was also born with Jordan's 1-in-a-million mental tools would be a stretch.

i'm not hating on Lebron or anything. i just hate when people act like he will easily be the GOAT. not necessarily aimed at you, but i always hear peoplesay stuff like "oh, imagine what Lebron will be like 5 years from now, he'll easily surpass Jordan" blah blah. he has more natural talent thananybody, but if he wants to be the GOAT, he can't just get by off of that. he will have to step the mental aspect of his game up to inhuman levels, whichis what Jordan did.

elaborate?

seems to me he ups every dimension of his game every year. And if you mean a killer instinct by mentality, hes always been team first so its never worn on his sleeve, but trust me its there.
every great player adds dimensions to their game every year. Jordan just did it beyond the level of anybody else who has ever played. you have to realize that despite all of Lebron's improvements and achievements, he is still not on a progression to surpass Jordan. nobody is. so it's not like you can just say "well, if he keeps doing what he's doing, he'll be better than MJ in no time." the hardest worker and most mentally tough player in the NBA right now is still falling well short of MJ. Lebron has more talent to start with, but he will at least have to equal that work ethic and mentality to even come close.

and you say Lebron has the Jordanesque-killer instinct inside? really? if you say so... but ask any basketball fan for the top 5 players in NBA history who they'd want with the ball in their hands for a final possession, and none of them will name Lebron, at least not right now. everybody will name Jordan (as well as an active NBA player: Kobe Bryant, hence why i mentioned him) among that five.

we know Lebron won the genetic lottery physically, but assuming that he was also born with Jordan's 1-in-a-million mental tools would be a stretch.

i'm not hating on Lebron or anything. i just hate when people act like he will easily be the GOAT. not necessarily aimed at you, but i always hear people say stuff like "oh, imagine what Lebron will be like 5 years from now, he'll easily surpass Jordan" blah blah. he has more natural talent than anybody, but if he wants to be the GOAT, he can't just get by off of that. he will have to step the mental aspect of his game up to inhuman levels, which is what Jordan did.

you didn't answer the question. How do you know whether Lebron's putting in a similar amount of effort as MJ or Kobe? What makes you think he's notup to par mentally with MJ or Kobe? First you discredited Lebron's dedication and mentality, and yet to provide a good answer as to why you question it.

Originally Posted by jay y kay

elaborate?

every great player adds dimensions to their game every year. Jordan just did it beyond the level of anybody else who has ever played. you have to realize that despite all of Lebron's improvements and achievements, he is still not on a progression to surpass Jordan. nobody is. so it's not like you can just say "well, if he keeps doing what he's doing, he'll be better than MJ in no time." the hardest worker and most mentally tough player in the NBA right now is still falling well short of MJ. Lebron has more talent to start with, but he will at least have to equal that work ethic and mentality to even come close.

and you say Lebron has the Jordanesque-killer instinct inside? really? if you say so... but ask any basketball fan for the top 5 players in NBA history who they'd want with the ball in their hands for a final possession, and none of them will name Lebron, at least not right now. everybody will name Jordan (as well as an active NBA player: Kobe Bryant, hence why i mentioned him) among that five.

i'm not hating on Lebron or anything. i just hate when people act like he will easily be the GOAT. not necessarily aimed at you, but i always hear people say stuff like "oh, imagine what Lebron will be like 5 years from now, he'll easily surpass Jordan" blah blah. he has more natural talent than anybody, but if he wants to be the GOAT, he can't just get by off of that. he will have to step the mental aspect of his game up to inhuman levels, which is what Jordan did.

you didn't answer the question. How do you know whether Lebron's putting in a similar amount of effort as MJ or Kobe? What makes you think he's not up to par mentally with MJ or Kobe? First you discredited Lebron's dedication and mentality, and yet to provide a good answer as to why you question it.
Lebron is in his 6th season in the NBA and still has not developed a consistent midrange jumper. he only shoots 78% from the FT line. if he had anadequate level of dedication, that would not be the case, would it?

and why is he 6'9 270 with no consistent post game to speak of? he's getting by off of pure athleticism now, but when he gets older he will have to putin the effort to fine tune these skills.

Back
Top Bottom