Are Air Force 1's still poppin???

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Am I the only one who gets peeved when they get called "Uptowns"?
hope so
since that is only the term for the Hi's

edit:

and nowadays if I see a pair of white/white lows I just assume they're fake

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Am I the only one who gets peeved when they get called "Uptowns"?
hope so
since that is only the term for the Hi's

edit:

and nowadays if I see a pair of white/white lows I just assume they're fake

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Northwest?

White/white, black/black lows, yes.
Lows in any other color, every so often yes. Just about as often as Dunks and Blazers.
Mids, rarely.
Highs, never.
I still like Mids and Highs and I will still rock 'em, by the way.

Northwest?

White/white, black/black lows, yes.
Lows in any other color, every so often yes. Just about as often as Dunks and Blazers.
Mids, rarely.
Highs, never.
I still like Mids and Highs and I will still rock 'em, by the way.

I'm just saying, that they are a lot more sought after than Denims are. Regardless of retail, its all what people are willing to pay. If YOTRs were 135 on RD, I'd be saying the same thing.

but you are basing whether its sought after on price tho so it does matter..also comparing those two isnt a good look considering they are two completely different releases

I'm just saying, that they are a lot more sought after than Denims are. Regardless of retail, its all what people are willing to pay. If YOTRs were 135 on RD, I'd be saying the same thing.

but you are basing whether its sought after on price tho so it does matter..also comparing those two isnt a good look considering they are two completely different releases

Ive never been a fan of af1s, i just dont like the way they look on feet. But i can see that its a beautiful shoe.. im even pondered getting a pair of those af1 denims that just released, so are real nice but i cant see myself wearing them so i had to pass but its true though i dont see many ppl rockin these anymore.

Ive never been a fan of af1s, i just dont like the way they look on feet. But i can see that its a beautiful shoe.. im even pondered getting a pair of those af1 denims that just released, so are real nice but i cant see myself wearing them so i had to pass but its true though i dont see many ppl rockin these anymore.

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

by price I mean RESALE, thus RETAIL is irrelavant. Again had YOTR been 135, I'd be saying the same argument. YOTRs are more sought after than Denims simply because resale is higher. I assume the number of YOTR is less, which accounts for the significant price difference.

Okay, can you please tell me if Denims were "limited"? Just looking at the thread, YOTRs had a lot more hype around them. Regardless of that, I prefer the denims, which do you like more man?

Aside from these hyped releases, the shoe itself has declined in popularity. I would bet that if both of these cws dropped in say 06, they would be more sought after than they currently are, simply because there would be a lot more AF1 collectors around.

by price I mean RESALE, thus RETAIL is irrelavant. Again had YOTR been 135, I'd be saying the same argument. YOTRs are more sought after than Denims simply because resale is higher. I assume the number of YOTR is less, which accounts for the significant price difference.

Okay, can you please tell me if Denims were "limited"? Just looking at the thread, YOTRs had a lot more hype around them. Regardless of that, I prefer the denims, which do you like more man?

Aside from these hyped releases, the shoe itself has declined in popularity. I would bet that if both of these cws dropped in say 06, they would be more sought after than they currently are, simply because there would be a lot more AF1 collectors around.

So since you speakin of resale, retail is irrelevant? that makes no sense whatsoever...if the yotr were the same retail price of denims, than you would have an argument fam...trust if denims were the same price as yotr's and availabilty, they would fetch for the same...you can't expect a shoe that retails for $115 less, was and still is more widely available to go for the same price as yotr's...that just doesnt make sense

i prefer denims hands down and probably will pick up a pair sometime in the near future...

So since you speakin of resale, retail is irrelevant? that makes no sense whatsoever...if the yotr were the same retail price of denims, than you would have an argument fam...trust if denims were the same price as yotr's and availabilty, they would fetch for the same...you can't expect a shoe that retails for $115 less, was and still is more widely available to go for the same price as yotr's...that just doesnt make sense

i prefer denims hands down and probably will pick up a pair sometime in the near future...

I'm not trying to argue that denims should be the same resale price as YOTRs, I'm just saying that if they were sought after that they would be going for more and there'd be lines for em at stores. I'm not saying there weren't lines, but it seems as though there was more demand for YOTRs. As far as quantity goes, it really all depends on the specific cw. For example lets say 2000 pairs of YOTRs were made and 2000 Denims were made, it may not have been the same resale price, because people may be willing to pay more for a pair. I look at it this way. If a shoe isnt as sought after, then less pairs should be made, and if a shoe is highly sought then more pairs can be made. Of course there is such thing as too many pairs and this is when overproduction happens. I think Nike underproduced YOTRs and overproduced Denims (are there are more pairs than people who want them)?
 ?

I'm hoping the shipment for my area comes through, the guy told me 120. haha

I'm not trying to argue that denims should be the same resale price as YOTRs, I'm just saying that if they were sought after that they would be going for more and there'd be lines for em at stores. I'm not saying there weren't lines, but it seems as though there was more demand for YOTRs. As far as quantity goes, it really all depends on the specific cw. For example lets say 2000 pairs of YOTRs were made and 2000 Denims were made, it may not have been the same resale price, because people may be willing to pay more for a pair. I look at it this way. If a shoe isnt as sought after, then less pairs should be made, and if a shoe is highly sought then more pairs can be made. Of course there is such thing as too many pairs and this is when overproduction happens. I think Nike underproduced YOTRs and overproduced Denims (are there are more pairs than people who want them)?
 ?

I'm hoping the shipment for my area comes through, the guy told me 120. haha

If the shoe was so unpopular, then why continue producing them? From a storeowner's standpoint, if i see AF1's just collecting dust, not moving, and amounting to a waste, then why would i keep ordering them?
The reason Nike keeps making em is because stores keep ordering them. Sure pairs sit on shelves, but if a shop doesn't order that next uptown that Nike offers, then it may be the hit and the shop will lose that profit. BUT the thing is, there are very very very few "big" (hyped about/ buzzed about/ and sought after) uptowns anymore, even on NT, thus pairs just continue to sit at stores.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

what alot of you dont understand

if your sell nike sneakers and have a account

your stuck with getting air force 1's and since they dont sell out like they used to you have to take them

the same with jordans to get the retros you have to take the crappy jordan brand sneakers and clothing

white on white af1's though will always move

the other colorways now thats another story
exactly. The same is true with SBs.

So let me point out your blatent contradiction first. So is Nike only making shoes because stores are ordering them or is Nike making them and forcing them upon stores?

Also looking at resale value as the determining factor whether or not a shoe is popular is dumb.

Let me ask you this, what is the most popular Air Force 1 of all time?

If the shoe was so unpopular, then why continue producing them? From a storeowner's standpoint, if i see AF1's just collecting dust, not moving, and amounting to a waste, then why would i keep ordering them?
The reason Nike keeps making em is because stores keep ordering them. Sure pairs sit on shelves, but if a shop doesn't order that next uptown that Nike offers, then it may be the hit and the shop will lose that profit. BUT the thing is, there are very very very few "big" (hyped about/ buzzed about/ and sought after) uptowns anymore, even on NT, thus pairs just continue to sit at stores.

your stuck with getting air force 1's and since they dont sell out like they used to you have to take them

the same with jordans to get the retros you have to take the crappy jordan brand sneakers and clothing

So let me point out your blatent contradiction first. So is Nike only making shoes because stores are ordering them or is Nike making them and forcing them upon stores?

Also looking at resale value as the determining factor whether or not a shoe is popular is dumb.

AF1 in the UK is far from dead, in fact footlocker in particular has been pushing them solidly since all star, even finally getting some decent smu's at long long last and putting them out there in the windows and stuff. As a result i've seen a fair few dudes wearing them, which was pretty rare, it was usually just me!!

AF1 in the UK is far from dead, in fact footlocker in particular has been pushing them solidly since all star, even finally getting some decent smu's at long long last and putting them out there in the windows and stuff. As a result i've seen a fair few dudes wearing them, which was pretty rare, it was usually just me!!

Originally Posted by Rapido27

What I meant was that IF a store wants a certain AF1, they cannot pick and choose which cws they receive, as 160 pointed out, I'm not saying they Nike forces stores to order them. Its only when they order AF1s do they get them. Do you understand this point?

The most popular was the white/ white cw, BUT among collectors other cws are more SOUGHT AFTER. The general population and collectors are two different markets.

Just because a store has them does not mean they are wanted.

Originally Posted by Rapido27

What I meant was that IF a store wants a certain AF1, they cannot pick and choose which cws they receive, as 160 pointed out, I'm not saying they Nike forces stores to order them. Its only when they order AF1s do they get them. Do you understand this point?

The most popular was the white/ white cw, BUT among collectors other cws are more SOUGHT AFTER. The general population and collectors are two different markets.

Just because a store has them does not mean they are wanted.

the most recent release (denim with orange) was a pretty nice release, they are starting to re-do the patent crinkled look like they previously did on those AF1 x Slam Jam Italy

Back
Top Bottom