Are foamposite "played out" ?

Originally Posted by Ballahb

Played out...no
Over saturated? Yes

Just to many coming out. I can't knock Nike for getting while it's hot. What kills is the quality. They are not tanks anymore. I personally have relaxed on buying foams. I see kids in my son elementary school with foams. Before foams where only on the feet of your local dealer or real sneakerhead. The average joe wasn't walking into a sneaker store buying foams when they were right next to the newest jays that we're only $110. Times have changed but hey let everyone enjoy them while they can. Just my 2 cents

I personally think the foams are still some of the best shoes around..but i can understand that after a while it can get repetitive.

My 1st foams were the royal pros and red pros both with black soles when I was in HS like around 01'. I copped them after reading an article about the amazing quality and comfort of foams on Kicksology. Nobody at my school was really feeling them but after wearing them for a week I knew these were gonna be future classics along the same lines as the AJ11. I love these shoes so much.

Played out? Maybe, but that shouldn't matter if u like the shoe. Over saturated? Yes it takes something away from the shoe when its available in every fruity pebble color....

it's gotten to the point where a lot of the colours released are very close to previously released ones. It's Foams, where just about the entire shoe is one colour, so their choices in colourways are limited.

Back in 2001 the main colors were ONES- Royal, Black. PROS/ Tim Duncans (to all my old heads that can remember) White,Silver,Black,Speicial colors were Blue & Black, Red & Balack. Penny was asked by MANY people in NY why more foams were not being made. Now every color foam you can think of is being made & people act like they dont like it. Cant please AMERICANS boy I tell ya.

Depends on why you are buying the shoe........
I dont follow footwear trends, i just buy what I like when i can. Would agree there are too many fruity colourways (cheers Gentry) but understand the business behind it.......

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

There is a PINK foams thread going on......... You tell me....

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

lol i feel you bro, i feel like anything after Eggplants were Basura
coppers? metallic reds? pines?
laugh.gif
this, and I didn't keep the last 2, and no offense Knicks Fresh, but didn't you cop one of those ugly blue or green joints 
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

now those were str8 trash.

Originally Posted by Ballahb

Played out...no
Over saturated? Yes
Exactly. New dudes wasn't up on foams like that. So sad hypebeasts got on the foam train. Smh...

Of course we all know we will be seeing MALES trying to pull these monstrosities off be prepared. Will have my camera phone on my hip like Quickdraw McGrawl READY!

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Nike runs everything into the ground nowadays.

It doesn't take away from it being a cult classic and its teflon-like durability.
that durability isn't there anymore though.
and there were a nice amount of dope colorways after the '09 eggplants.....Armies by far are one of the greatest foam releases aside from pewters, coppers, reds, and pines. I even like the electrolimes and gym greens.

Im about to get a TON of hate from the team Penny d-riders, but its ok. I'll live...

Nike is making this shoe (and the Penny shoe line) out to be something that it simply is not. Shoe heads make penny out to be some god-like dude who was on the level of MJ, when in reality if you look at his stats he is nothing that special. He averaged like 20 7 and 5 is his BEST years (of which he had like 4 of since he was injured all the time). When a dude is more known for his sneaker line than his career, that is a problem imo. So for Nike to be releasing foamposites (which WERE NOT revolutionary by any means. How many performance shoes today have foamposite in them? They are as heavy as a brick.) like they are some sort of amazing revolutionary classic shoe is Nike being Nike, manipulating the consumer into thinking these are some sort of amazing shoe. They sat on shelves back then for a reason.

Also, EVERY COLOR THEY RELEASE IS MONOTONE with black nubuck eyelets/lining. There is no paneling like on an air force or dunk, so the potential for non-OG CWs to become great is really not there. These foams that release literally take 5 minutes to come up with. I'd bet the Nike people close their eyes and randomly picks a color on the color wheel. I have no clue how they still sell out and sell for over retail @ $220!!! That foam material is actually cheaper to make than regular pleather/suede shoes. The reason they costed a lot back in 97 is because the molds were a few hundred thousand to build each, but they have the SAME mold from 97. People are dumb.

I HOPE SO THE LESS PEOPLE THAT BUY THE SHOE THE BETTER
but its not going to happen 

i hope the foams end up like air force 1's 

Originally Posted by golfinguru11

Im about to get a TON of hate from the team Penny d-riders, but its ok. I'll live...

Nike is making this shoe (and the Penny shoe line) out to be something that it simply is not. Shoe heads make penny out to be some god-like dude who was on the level of MJ, when in reality if you look at his stats he is nothing that special. He averaged like 20 7 and 5 is his BEST years (of which he had like 4 of since he was injured all the time). When a dude is more known for his sneaker line than his career, that is a problem imo. So for Nike to be releasing foamposites (which WERE NOT revolutionary by any means. How many performance shoes today have foamposite in them? They are as heavy as a brick.) like they are some sort of amazing revolutionary classic shoe is Nike being Nike, manipulating the consumer into thinking these are some sort of amazing shoe. They sat on shelves back then for a reason.

Also, EVERY COLOR THEY RELEASE IS MONOTONE with black nubuck eyelets/lining. There is no paneling like on an air force or dunk, so the potential for non-OG CWs to become great is really not there. These foams that release literally take 5 minutes to come up with. I'd bet the Nike people close their eyes and randomly picks a color on the color wheel. I have no clue how they still sell out and sell for over retail @ $220!!! That foam material is actually cheaper to make than regular pleather/suede shoes. The reason they costed a lot back in 97 is because the molds were a few hundred thousand to build each, but they have the SAME mold from 97. People are dumb.

I'm sorry, but you're the dumb one, with averages like Penny was putting up, he was up there with MJ, Pip and the rest, on top of that, he was younger than them with loads of potential. Was he Mike? NO.. But when it came to talking about guards, Penny was mentioned all the time. The only reason he's mentioned more for his kicks is because That's NIKE. No one talks about Bo Jackson's game, they talk about his kicks. Barkley, TNT and Kicks. -Even Jordan, the greatest ever, 'round these parts and beyond is what? The XI's?? Of course he's mentioned because of his kicks, why not? I don't hear People talking about CHUCK TAYLOR, yet his converse are worn everyday, worldwide!I won't even go there when you mentioned foams weren't revolutionary... Like we had kicks made from a old besides vulcanized bottoms..you're a Joke. They sat on shelves because of the PRICE. Penny had tons of fans, but for many, $180.00 Sans tax was steep! Even Jordan's cost less!! The minimum color to the shoe is one of its strengths... When you see someone from afar, you KNOW he has on foams! So, you're bugging on that one. I only agree with you on price, they should be at least $200.00 straight, other than that, your rant was just STUPID. I can only speak for myself, Shaq got me interested again in Basketball, Penny kept me a Magic fan to this day. When I rock my foams or ANY Penny shoe, it's because of the Player FIRST, then how dope they are.

Back
Top Bottom