Are foamposite "played out" ?

Very played out, and if they ever get a price increase Imma have to drop out of the foamposite game.

Makes me laugh at these comments if a shoe is classic to u its classic forever most shoes for me are LOVE or HATE at first site.

I was tha BIGGEST Penny fan through tha 90s untill he forced his way out of Orlando but that being said I hated tha 3s n still do with a passion I find them ugly so it wasnt oh Pennys shoe gotta get that case.

When I first saw tha Foam 1s in SLAM in 97 I fell in LOVE n wanted them bad but they were £150 in a time when Jordans were £90-£100 here in England not only that no stores I knew stocked them a few stores in London or basketball popular cities.

I didnt get a pair of Foams untill Nov 98 when I copped the all black/clear soled pros from an outlet on vacation in Philly extra glue but I was super HAPPY.

I now have 07 Royals,all blacks,eggplants,coppers,pewters,black/green and tha Golden States n Pros 02 Pearls,Carolinas,Royal/black and want to cop the Gym Greens only 2 pairs I regret not coppin are the pine Pros n Cough drops.

I actually use my Foams to ball in indoors which people still cant believe I always hear how can u ball in those well maybe because I was ballin in nikes b4 they had forefoot air etc.

Foams became fashionable n are now it seems falling out of favour some what people have been buyin them to b cool n have them to impress friends ill continue to cop colourways I like.

What amazes me most is Foamposites and Jordan XIs 2 shoes you couldnt pay most people to wear in 95 n 97 respectively are now causeing riots lol all cause its "COOL" to havem SMH

Peace

Scottie 

Last edited:
They're definitely overrated. I can only see them as being shoes for playing basketball, not for casual wear.

Foams are not played out nor overrated. The model is just being taken advantage of and raped by Nike because it sells well. Putting out all these outrageous colors to cater to the 90's babies. The last official foam drop in my opinion was the stealths. Nike should stick to solid, subtle color ways when it comes to the foam ones. If they want to experiment with colors they should do that with the foam pros. Leave the foam ones alone.

foams are not played out, because everyone wears them. which makes them a popular shoe. Every month theres a new colorway coming out and its a tackie color. Theyre starting to look basic. they need to stop making foams for a while and focus on FLIGHTPOSITES

They're definitely overrated. I can only see them as being shoes for playing basketball, not for casual wear.

So can that go for Jordans as well? Really man? Your post is pretty pointless. So your saying that only specific styled shoes should only be used for what they are created for? :rolleyes

So can that go for Jordans as well? Really man? Your post is pretty pointless. So your saying that only specific styled shoes should only be used for what they are created for?
eyes.gif
I'm just saying they don't look good for streetwear. I understand that the sneakers we're into were originally meant to be basketball shoes, but they're also worn for fashion and casual wear. It's just that some shoes are better left for court use only, not for casual wear. For example, some Jordans look great with jeans; others don't.

Foams are a classic. As someone who cut lawns and delivered newspapers for his first pair back in the 90s, no they can't be played out. If you come on a forum to post that question, you're a hype guy... Only rocking what's "in."

I wore foams befor they were in due to durability and I thought they look cool. if you feel the need to ask others whether something is cool you're playing yourself.

Dude u saw at the mall OP was a clown. I dunno I love foams.....played out or not TO ME, there my holy grails. Epically the eggplants. I hope people do stop wearing them, so I can keep wearing mine.

Foams are only going to continue to bring more hyped really so I don't see it dying anytime soon unless everybody stop caring about J's. Foams will be always popular unless nike start mass producing them like they did fighter jet and starting making GR's. So people who think it will die down,it won't. The foams right now are whack colorway which is why they aren't selling same happen to J's with like crimsons,photo blue etc

Last edited:
Played out indeed.

At one point in time they meant something to me but now I can't stand them.

Living in the DC area really just killed the vibe, I hate wearing the same shoe 50 other bammas are rocking on the train.

Nothing lasts forever, I had my run with foams and I'm happy to close that chapter in my life.

they will get played eventually but for some odd reason. no matter what color comes out it sells out with the esception of the pearls,cough drop and that other foam that look like the pines. every body wheres foams. but we need fligtposites

Like some of you, I was just a pre-teen when they originally released in 97. Fast forward to today, we now have a little bit more of our own disposable income. Foamposites are far from "played out" to me. Honestly, if you're concerned about a shoe being "played out" you probably got into them because they were "in." That's not to say that everyone can say they've never been caught up with a release at one point in their sneaker copping years. I will say this though, if you got a shoe because it was "in", then you bought it for what it represented (being socially cool) and not for what it was.

Colorways are all personal preference. I love that they're still coming out with foams at a time when I can finally afford them. Why do I only have 4 pairs  (with 2 on the way) despite the flood of foams? Because those are the colorways I like. If they come out with a colorway I don't like, I don't cop. Simple right? I don't yell "ahh foams are dead now you're a hypebeast if you get them!" People have different opinions and different tastes. So if nike drops a foam that I don't like but you love, we all win. I save 220+ for a future colorway I do like, I don't take away a sneaker from a buyer who does truly does like it, and nike stays fed regardless so they can come out with more later on.

If anything, it's the quality of the foams now that would prevent me from copping, but that's a completely different story...

Back
Top Bottom