Are German cars really that unreliable?

I think older Benzes were much more reliable then new ones, I mean a W123 are still on the road with over a million kilometers.

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

family has a 10' 335i and 11' audi a4.

so glad we leased-the bmw has had window going up/down prob, radio blowouts, engine malfunctions (easily 5k$ in maintenance, etc) but since its leased all repairs/check ups, etc are free at bmw dealerships. if i had bought this, id be hatin this car.

audi a4 on the other hand has been flawless, but maintenance isnt free. 15k miles maintenance cost me 500-600$, with the same thing needed every 15k miles. will prob buy this one off at the end of the lease since it hasnt had probs tho.

nice cars' sticker prices dont kill. maintenance fees do. lol
+ all parts need to be shipped in from europe, hence the high costs of repairs, etc. stick with a lease imo.

Audi>BMW

Good thread
pimp.gif
. Also considering buying an A6 as well.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

BMWs have a tendency to break down around 60-80k miles. Replacing the parts isn't cheap.
and its worse when you have a older model, as far as they're are concerned, you're gonna pay da same rape

price for parts on a 1999 BMW that you are on a 2012 joint
laugh.gif

american & japanese as far as maintance >*

I've had a  Jetta & a Passat wagon. I loved driving both cars but both had horrible quality control issues. One of the problems with both cars is the brake lighting in the back would always short out. I took the Jetta in about 6-7 times & the Passat wagon about 8-9 times. Both also had other electrical issues. Ended up selling both to Car Max...I've heard VW is offering some pretty comprehensive warranties that might be enticing...I miss the Passat wagon...If you didn't know, VW group comprises Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborgini, & Porshe.

I've owned a 528 it was hella reliable, maintenance was a bit more expensive than my previous car (Acura) the service from the service center was faster, would get a loaner car for however long it took for service. I have a m45 now love it too, but the loaner cars are usually altima 2 doors which sucks compared to getting a 3series loaner car.

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

Thinking of picking up the new 535i or A6 but are they really that unreliable? I mean its 2012.. I'm pretty sure they found ways to make their cars more reliable. Any of you guys had any experiences with newer BMW/Benz/Audi being so unreliable? 
Trends and track records mean a lot for consumers.  Like wise, past experiences also dictate future purchases.  While I have not ever owned a 'german' designed car, I will say that german cars have this mystical aura around it.  The truth is, these luxury cars have a lot of gadgets that allow for it to break down, thus costing more to maintain.  This is a fact, and which is why the marginal cost difference is so great.

People here might've OWNED a car, but for HOW LONG?  What duration?

I've owned imports, particularly Hondas all my life.  I've worked on Nissans and Toyotas as well.  To say the least, they do not make cars like they use to, as the quality has gone down.

i just looked at the 2012 c class coupe and its
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

plus if i lease it for 36 months with 15k miles/year, i only get to pay $19 a month
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i might pull this trigger.... and everything is covered if you lease it right? and i heard the new benzes are reliable as hell.. esp. the C's

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

plus if i lease it for 36 months with 15k miles/year, i only get to pay $19 a month
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i might pull this trigger.... and everything is covered if you lease it right? and i heard the new benzes are reliable as hell.. esp. the C's

I swear I just said this in another thread, I think it was something to do with the tax returns. C coupe is def nice, I seen it in my local mall other day.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I swear I just said this in another thread, I think it was something to do with the tax returns. C coupe is def nice, I seen it in my local mall other day.

assuming you meant $190 a month...i'm still only seeing $399/month for the 250 coupe on their website as a special offer.

Wait, $19 a month to lease a C-Coupe?
Can someone explain that to me?

When leasing a vehicle, it's still has warranty just like buying a new car. The only difference is that BMW has free maintenance with theirs, which could save a thousands in the span of 4 years (the duration of the free maintenance program).

i need to get rid of my vw. its costing me more to maintain than it will be to buy a another car. currently looking at nissan altimas. my grandpa had a nissan last him 300k with barely any problems and my dads infiniti which is nissan has 250k and only problem was thermostat

oh no thats after i trade in my '11 accord lol. i just talked to the one of the guys at the dealer. basic c 250 coupe for $19 a month for 3 years
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. im assuming around $100 to $120 fully loaded.

oh no thats after i trade in my '11 accord lol. i just talked to the one of the guys at the dealer. basic c 250 coupe for $19 a month for 3 years
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yea i remember you now

isnt that accord paid off, your parents bought that right? hell of a price.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yea i remember you now

isnt that accord paid off, your parents bought that right? hell of a price.

laugh.gif
 not exactly bought but yea.. they put large amount of money down and ive been paying it off ever since but by end of this month, im gonna pay it off. i think i have litte bit under grand left. but i mean $19 bucks a month for a basic C Coupe is a steal. after that lease is done, ill have enough money to finance 2015 7 series 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i would go for it, i wont even front

sure many will say you wastin money cuz you got a new car already paid off.......but you only live once right

how are your parents gonna feel though?

sure many will say you wastin money cuz you got a new car already paid off.......but you only live once right

they wont care 
laugh.gif

its not like theyre paying for this anyways.. i've moved out of my moms since i was 17 so ive been making all the decisions for myself now. and your right YOLO. ill be 19 paying for my own benz 
happy.gif
pimp.gif

they wont care 
laugh.gif

its not like theyre paying for this anyways.. i've moved out of my moms since i was 17 so ive been making all the decisions for myself now. and your right YOLO. ill be 19 paying for my own benz 
happy.gif
pimp.gif

im all about goin raw, but i advise you to strap up

they wont care 
laugh.gif

happy.gif
pimp.gif

im all about goin raw, but i advise you to strap up

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 thanks for the props. i havent fully decided yet tho.. im still looking around so if you have any suggestions i'd love to hear it from the experts 

I'm in the market for a daily driver, since I don't want to use my truck to commute every day. Thought about getting a bike again, but the risk/reward I'm not feeling anymore. Maybe it's maturity speaking.

I've got a $10k budget, but willing to go a bit over...

In the running Infinity g35 (2003-2005) or an Acura RSX (2004-2007).

German car's were never in the running, I know this car will have 60+K miles, but it will be a commuter whip.

My Eclipse is about to reach the 200k mark, it runs great but having issues with passing the smog test (*shakes fist at Cali emission standards)

Look for a TSX instead of an RSX. There is a huge chance the RSX's out there were driven hard.

KTown, I say you go to the dealer and tell them: "I'll take the car right now if you give it to me for $15 a month, go even lower if you want.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Your math doesn't make sense. $19 a month?

Well it means he's putting the Accord as a down payment and from the discussions it looks like it's an '11 so chances are it's still going for $18k-$20k. So for a lease, that is a big down payment if you think about it. 
What is the residuals on the C-Coupe?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Look for a TSX instead of an RSX. There is a huge chance the RSX's out there were driven hard.

KTown, I say you go to the dealer and tell them: "I'll take the car right now if you give it to me for $15 a month, go even lower if you want.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 i'd def negotiate. its basically free 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom