Are men intimidated by intelligent women?

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Not intimidated.

Some of the intelligent ones i know tend to have attitude problems or defense mechanisms, so why even bother trying to talk to them. Or they're just totally obnoxious when you're dating them. You're supposed to be as intelligent as you can be. They try to rationalize it like "I wonder if my intelligence or drive intimidates guys"...sure there are guys who are intimidated by that...but more often that not, those girls im referring to have other issues they should handle before blaming guys for not wanting to deal with them.

Sidenote: I was in Borders by MSG up here in NYC and if ya'll dude wanna get your game going, I'd go there. Some attractive ladies stopped in.

this guy, k.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Not intimidated.

Some of the intelligent ones i know tend to have attitude problems or defense mechanisms, so why even bother trying to talk to them. Or they're just totally obnoxious when you're dating them. You're supposed to be as intelligent as you can be. They try to rationalize it like "I wonder if my intelligence or drive intimidates guys"...sure there are guys who are intimidated by that...but more often that not, those girls im referring to have other issues they should handle before blaming guys for not wanting to deal with them.

Sidenote: I was in Borders by MSG up here in NYC and if ya'll dude wanna get your game going, I'd go there. Some attractive ladies stopped in.

this guy, k.....
laugh.gif

If by intelligent woman you mean doesn't run her mouth about non important issues like politics, worldly possessions, and her outfit then no I am not intimidated

If by intelligent woman you mean doesn't run her mouth about non important issues like politics, worldly possessions, and her outfit then no I am not intimidated

Not intimidated, makes you change your approach a little though.   Its nice to have a girl who is on your level with everything.  I'm no dummy but I find it pretty attractive that my girl is smarter than me. 

Not intimidated, makes you change your approach a little though.   Its nice to have a girl who is on your level with everything.  I'm no dummy but I find it pretty attractive that my girl is smarter than me. 

I think i speak for a lot of men , and what i'm about to say could offend.....So if your dont want the truth,skip ahead to the next reply.

The same way i feel about women talking about sports, i dont like it.
Not even going to put on some front , air heads are a no no but you can leave that nancy gray swag at home. Not attractive , look cute and talk about lil wayne
pimp.gif
And to be honest , most girls on average can't really hold their own in intelligent conversations not regarding entertainment headlines.
people like you , make great friends , but i dont think (think) too many guys would ever feel a "physical attraction" to you just because you can hold your on and a debate on cathedral bell ringing
in the 1800's .

you live in miami , you've seen the nightlife.you know what i like
pimp.gif

I think i speak for a lot of men , and what i'm about to say could offend.....So if your dont want the truth,skip ahead to the next reply.

The same way i feel about women talking about sports, i dont like it.
Not even going to put on some front , air heads are a no no but you can leave that nancy gray swag at home. Not attractive , look cute and talk about lil wayne
pimp.gif
And to be honest , most girls on average can't really hold their own in intelligent conversations not regarding entertainment headlines.
people like you , make great friends , but i dont think (think) too many guys would ever feel a "physical attraction" to you just because you can hold your on and a debate on cathedral bell ringing
in the 1800's .

you live in miami , you've seen the nightlife.you know what i like
pimp.gif

Not intimidated at all. I tend to bring up current events and that tends to lead to simple convos about me and her. then proceed to smash either way.

Not intimidated at all. I tend to bring up current events and that tends to lead to simple convos about me and her. then proceed to smash either way.

Some men might be intimidated by intelligent women, but it also depends on their preference in a woman. Intelligence might signify different meaning to different people. Do you mean a girl who is intellectual? I think intelligence also is how you carry yourself and the knowledge you have about yourself and the world around you. For instance, a girl can be an intellectual, but not street smart.

But, I think that intelligent women are desirable to some men, it just depends on what they want to look for in a girl (serious, casual,etc.) and what their interests are in order for them to want to get with one.

I am a geek by nature and I also do look for an intelligent man if I want to date someone seriously. However, I can bump my head with them if I am passionate about certain topics and issues and if they have a different view than mine.

Some men might be intimidated by intelligent women, but it also depends on their preference in a woman. Intelligence might signify different meaning to different people. Do you mean a girl who is intellectual? I think intelligence also is how you carry yourself and the knowledge you have about yourself and the world around you. For instance, a girl can be an intellectual, but not street smart.

But, I think that intelligent women are desirable to some men, it just depends on what they want to look for in a girl (serious, casual,etc.) and what their interests are in order for them to want to get with one.

I am a geek by nature and I also do look for an intelligent man if I want to date someone seriously. However, I can bump my head with them if I am passionate about certain topics and issues and if they have a different view than mine.

Back
Top Bottom