Are we just softer as a generation?

am1x90xnike

Banned
Yup, got another one for  ya'll.

As a generation I feel like we are becoming so weak. Kids cry bullying, everyone upset because they can't find a job, upset because they aren't "motivated," they don't like the way the look, they are upset because their parents didn't hug them enough, OMG someone across the country did something racists...

I come from the bottom, I know what it's like, I know it's hard, but it's only recent that we are using hardships as an excuse . No one is going to hold your hand. You want it you go get it. The world don't owe you ****, the world don't love you...pull up your big boy pants and figure this **** out...no, not everyone had someone to show them how to navigate this plant...but not everyone uses that as an excuse. To say "oh thats just something in you that allows you to do that" so what? Am I suppose to feel bad for the people that don't "have it in them?" F that,  there is a way out, there always is, the difficulty is working toward it, and thats something that you must decide for yourself.

I'm not a "republican," but the "we are in so much of a desperate situation that we can't get out of it" is overplayed. Ask Jay, ask Diddy, ask Judge Garrett (a young black judge from the block), ask russell, ask Rockerfella, ask Carnagie, ask Vanderbilt. We like to propetuate the "helpless" myth. **** That, this is America. If you work hard enough, you take the right chances, 9/10 your situation will improve, and if it don't, F it...keep trying. You're a weak person if you don't agree, plenty of single moms doing it, plenty of people in seemingly hopeless situations clawing thier way out.

[/rant]

Agree.. Social media played a large part in it too.

Have you seen what they got kids watching these days? And all the bans these schools are putting in place? Dudes trying to defend male booty shorts?

The betafication of the US at least has been going on for awhile.

But to seriously answer your question, yes I absolutely agree with your points. But at the same time.....

You're not going to be filled with absolute conviction 100% of the time. Some days you do feel like you can make it to the top, other days you look at your situation and feel hopeless.. Lost in the sauce without anyone to help guide you.

I feel you though. Starting from the bottom as well, trying to move up a couple financial brackets myself. Imma change my cards.

Can you guys tell us more about this bottom you came from?

Can you guys tell us more about this bottom you came from?
Seriously? Lol.

Lower middle class.

Family struggled to pay bills, putting food on the table was difficult ate breakfast for dinner a lot of times, low household income, etc.

Last edited:
Welp.

There went that post. What's going on? Haven't seen this type of wizardry since the yuku days.

Last edited:
Didn't read. But it's true. Back in the day if you were bullied you kicked the guy's *** or grew up to become a ****** up traumatized, dysfunctional human being who enjoys talking to random people at the DMV while attempting to register your car with 4 parking tickets.

Nowadays all these little kids cry for any damn reason. I'm gonna teach my kid to beat these bullies ***'s.

Maybe you're just privileged. 

I hate when people use the term "privilege" to coax people into believing that their lack of ability/drive isn't the reason why their situation sucks.

It's true that there are privileged people in this country. It's also true that many people don't have to work as hard as others because of what they inherit from a social standpoint. But every now and then I'll hear some cat I grew up with that still spends all his extra money on weed, has two kids by two different women, and is in and out of part time gigs every other month say "Man, I can't get a job 'cause of all this white privilege."

Like I wasn't running around the hood with them back in the day, wearing socks with holes in them, and struggling like they were. :smh:

This whole "Nobody loses, everyone get's a trophy" helicopter parent madness makes me sick. Got schools giving kids that should be held back a pass because "it's not fair to deprive them of their social wellbeing." Just... :smh:

[/minirant]

Last edited:

da wussification of america has been underway for a min...

we in da "everyone gets a trophy" entitled generation...

too much political correctness, not enough real talk.
exactly I was looking at the news and a couch was brought in and questioned for bullying because he let his top football players play in a game to which they won 91 to 0.... Im sorry but I never in no point played any kinda sport let alone high school sports to which our coaches were charged with a hate crime for playing great/good players and allowing them to blow a team out. Until this generation there was no such thing as bullying being a hate crime. There wasn't a oh lets not keep score and there are no winners and losers and everyone gets a "participation award/trophy"

Let's describe this "bottom" for you...

Grew up lower middle class in a Maryland suburb (which is like hell, nothing is cheap and you can't afford to do ****, missed out on so many fieldtrips), half the fam pushed weight other half smoked it. On paper, folks made to much to get any type of public assistance, in reality, barely made enough to keep the lights on, lots of choke sandwhiches and stove top baths. Every single aunt and uncle, and thier children lived with us at one point or another

Moved to Ks, Mom Shipped off to Iraq from end of Sophmore til End of Senior year, dad shipped off here or there since freshmen year, so I lived with family "friends" and then on my own by the time I was 16 (didn't have to pay the house bills, only cable, internet and my phone).

While **** ain't get better after Hs graduation, everything after that was sort of a choice on my own ( I chose to go to undergrad, work two jobs at 40hrs a week taking 20 creds a semester for 3.5/4 years).

Not saying I'm a "normal" story, but am saying there a kids out there that had it a hell of a lot better (and their a kids that had it a hell of a lot worse).

Nope not, slumdog, nope not a crack baby (although my little cousins I helped raise were). Thats why I don't have a single excuse for any failure I have, nor do I cry about every hardship that came my way; some people got it bad, but if you look at twitter and instagram you would think this whole generation lived in Chiraq.

i saw what you posted before

my chest is hairy, i hit the gym all the time, an im a blue collar boy

if it matters

Yeah, but we're kind of rare. Not that I'm blue collar anymore, but I do know how to work with my hands and have off and on since I was 13 years old.

i saw what you posted before

my chest is hairy, i hit the gym all the time, an im a blue collar boy

if it matters

Yeah, but we're kind of rare. Not that I'm blue collar anymore, but I do know how to work with my hands and have off and on since I was 13 years old.

well....i admit im gettin out of the blue collar game...............its just not something you should wanna do for the rest of your life.

but yea man, ive done lots a diff jobs relating to that

Back
Top Bottom