Arguably the BEST Hip-Hop Album to date...

Originally Posted by D723

Sorry, but...

Outkast-Aquemini.JPG

> Life After Death

In EVERY way.
This.

I could see how someone could argue it as the best.

But, I gotta go with D723....Aquemini has been the GOAT to me since the day it was released.

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

I put it like this from 1997 thru 1999...there was not an album better than this...if u liked one more than this cool, but if there is one u think is lyrically n musically better...let me know

Aquemini (musically/lyrically)
Things Fall Apart (musically)
Capital Punishment (lyrically)
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Moment of Truth (musically)[/color]
2001 (musically)

Aquemini is the only one of the above albums I like more than LAD but imo each of these albums is a better body of work either musically or lyrically. Overall I think Capital Punishment and Aquemini are the better albums, LAD right behind them.

2000-2009....take the best rap/hip-hop album from this decade, which means it was better than the best albums released each year in the decade and compare it to LAD...i think its gonna be pretty hard to find one to match it...musically maybe, but lyrics, content i dunno.

I agree, I'd give Supreme Clientele the nod over LAD though, if I'm off the feel good dro maybe Food & Liquor too.

Like I said earlier it's a phenomenal phenomenal album. I have no gripe with anybody calling it the best ever.

You've got to like the OP though, since he actually gave a very in-depth case as to why he believes Life After Death is the greatest. Better than some"Gucci > your favorite rapper's favorite rapper" thread.

agree....... best rap album everrrrrrr

the improvement from greatness on R2D to LAD is epic!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this album is perfect!!!!

sorry, I didn't see an improvement from RTD. I liked this album but there were too many Puffy filler tracks, while RTD was just straight hard @#$% minustwo tracks.

Originally Posted by sonunox34

[h4]13 "Notorious Thugs"[/h4]
FEATURING LAYZIE, KRAYZIE AND BIZZY BONE
Produced by Stevie J. and Puffy
Puffy Big understood how important the Midwest and the South were at that time. He loved Bone Thugs. Being that he really liked melodies, he really liked Bone Thugs.
Krayzie Bone Puff just called up one day while we were out in California, "Come by the studio tonight." So we went. As soon as we walked in, Big was like, "What y'all eating, drinking and smoking?" It was a shock how down-to-earth he was. #%%%+ used to floss in his raps big-time, but when you met him he was a real humble dude. There were a lot of things that he wanted to know about us and about our flows. He just wanted to know how we came about doing our style and how we did our vocals. He was watching us do our parts like, "Goddamn, y'all @!*$@@ are crazy."
Layzie Bone I came with a couple ounces of herb, and about 15 minutes into the session, Biggie had it in his hand [laughs]. I'm like, "This #%%%+ just gangstered me for my weed!" But I ain't say nothing because it's cool. When Biggie did our style, that's when Bone received respect for our %#$!. It was like the whole industry never gave us our Ps. But Biggie was telling us that whole night in the studio like, "Y'all just came in and laid it down so fast. Y'all @!*$@@ are amazing." He was marveling off of us. And we telling him how much love we had for him.
D. Roc That dude Layzie was passed out in the truck. Like they ordered a case of Hennessy, drinking it by themselves. He was drunker than everybody and everybody was like, "This #%%%+ is gonna *%+* up our whole night." When it was his go, I went and tapped on the window. His face was on the glass-slobbing, knocked out. I tapped. He walked straight out the car, into the booth, did his verse in one take and went straight back into the joint and passed out again.
Stevie J. After Bone Thugs went in there and ripped it, Big took it home for a minute. He was like, "I ain't laying mine. I got to wait. This style ain't what I'm used to."
Lil' Cease The Bone Thugs %#$!, nobody could be in the room [when Big was recording his verse] for that. He really wanted to sit there and master that %#$!, 'cause he knew he was about to do something different, and whatever came out the studio was gonna be so, so new.
I would give ANYTHING to somehow tag along for that recording session
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

It was the fact that it was called "Ten Crack Commandments." Chuck's not into that. He doesn't want his voice affiliated with anything that involves drug use or drinking alcohol, sex or whatever. So they came after me and Biggie's estate, saying that basically we violated in the fact that we used him in a song that condoned drug use. I didn't look at it that way, because, to me, that record was to cats in the street. So, to wrap that up, I told him-this is after the fact that Big had passed already, and [his death] was still fresh-I told Chuck, 'cause I was on tour with him, I was like, "Yo Chuck, why don't you be easy on that? Because I feel like, why should we have to go through this when Big is dead and he's not here to defend this lawsuit. You gonna put his mother through it? I don't think that's spiritually fair." He said, "You know what? If it gets out of hand with everything, I'll dead it." I said, "OK, fine." He never deaded it. I found Chuck one day around my neighborhood that I live in now. He happened to tap me on my shoulder, he was with his kids and I got into it with him a little bit. I never spoke to him again and I started kind of having a little hate for him to a certain degree. I felt like he was a hypocrite. I would never sue a dead man, especially Big. I thought that was spiritually wrong, especially for what he stands for. Because I love Chuck D as a lyricist, a performer and a writer and as the head of Public Enemy. I love what he represents, and I felt like that was a foul on the fact that he couldn't let a man's death override a lawsuit. I'd rather it be all on my back than have to go sue a dead man's estate. It put a big dent in the rap game. But I saw Chuck at Jam Master Jay's wake, and we spoke and we got everything behind us now.
eek.gif
very interesting..... whole OP is a great read

that was bananas for cleveland %%%+@$... we notorious thugs dropped ... %$#$ was crazy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
%##! dat i agree.. this is the best of all time

For the record, both 'Ready to Die' and 'Life After Death' are equal for WHAT THEY ARE.

Ready to Die is a prototypical debut rap album that every artist should strive to create.

From a technical aspect, Life After Death is the greatest commercial rap album ever. Content and circumstance aside, it is the best hip-hop album to date.

I first got Ready To Die when I was 10 yrs old and I pretty much havent stopped listening to Biggie since and im 25. That being said, neither album is thegreatest hip hop album ever if you're looking subjectively.

its all opinions anyway

Back
Top Bottom