Arguing w/ Dad Unappreciation. vol: What to do?

I've always had my dad with me. But didn't always appreciate him because he drank a lot and embarrassed me back then, but now that I'm older Irealize that my dad is the realest man out. At the young age of 24 he was willing to risk death and immigrate across an ocean in a boat to make a future forkids he didn't even have yet. When you're young you think you know everything but at my pace I'm thinking even a 100 year old person can learnsomething if they want to.

Originally Posted by atljunkie

Damn.
I love my Dad but damn...
He seems to always make something out of nothing. Real talk, I don't start this stuff at all.
He's a hothead and always has to be right.....
He starts arguements over the littlest things ....
... I hate it and pretty much can't handle it anymore...

Feel you man. Reasons WHY i left home for school. Too many... pretty much couldnt take it anymore smh.
My dad is the same way. He is a robot, except for the fact he gets mad over small things. 2 weeks ago, he was driving me to my friends place so that me and myfriend can go back to school together. Dad got heated cause I didnt know which street my friends house was on. Well I knew that address, but I didnt know howmany streets we had to cross before we had to turn.
"Is it this one?"
"Hmmm (read street name), nope, must be the next."
"Is it this one?"
"Keep going."
"this one?"
"keep going"
"which one is it!!!! @#%^$#@!$"
"Its this one, turn left."
...finally we get to my friends place
then he gets mad at me again cause we took a longer route, but i only looked up directions from the way i knew it. not my fault that he doesnt let me take thecar, otherwise my geography in that area would be better. I grab my bag, he grabs my suitcase from the trunk, "Yea just leave it there. see ya."

hell, i need to get a blog for this lame stuff that no one cares about.
laugh.gif

man, me and pops are the same way. I get my personality and temper from him, and I see it everyday doing the things I do. Just last weekend I spazzed at mypops in a heated arguement and I basically said he's a joke for a dad out of anger which I seriously regret. Both of us won't talk to each other causeapologies are the hardest thing to do for the both of us.

yea i feel all of you guys. thanks for the advice and encouragement.
i know i should respect him and i actually apologized to him a little earlier
and we did have a talk thats why i havnt been on here to respond.
he thinks that i can be lazy and he hates seeing that... he believes
that great results come from hard work not just from school but around the house.
i admit i havnt been pulling my weight lately and he admits he blows things
out of proportion. Basically its a bunch of little things we both need to improve
on and hopefully our relationship can become stronger. My mom was right there
overseeing the whole thing and agreed...
thanks for listening to my vent NT.

i know what ya feel bro but remember he still your pops. just give him the respect and don't get out of order.
remember they are not always gonna be here for us and you gotta cherish each moment.

ya dig fam?

also try telling him what ya feel and maybe he'll react and see what he does is wrong

exactly what I did.. seems to be working and hopefully it can continue that way.

Originally Posted by atljunkie

yea i feel all of you guys. thanks for the advice and encouragement.
i know i should respect him and i actually apologized to him a little earlier
and we did have a talk thats why i havnt been on here to respond.
he thinks that i can be lazy and he hates seeing that... he believes
that great results come from hard work not just from school but around the house.
i admit i havnt been pulling my weight lately and he admits he blows things
out of proportion. Basically its a bunch of little things we both need to improve
on and hopefully our relationship can become stronger. My mom was right there
overseeing the whole thing and agreed...
thanks for listening to my vent NT.

i know what ya feel bro but remember he still your pops. just give him the respect and don't get out of order.
remember they are not always gonna be here for us and you gotta cherish each moment.

ya dig fam?

also try telling him what ya feel and maybe he'll react and see what he does is wrong

exactly what I did.. seems to be working and hopefully it can continue that way.

good to hear that bro. just keep ya head up and I hope everything goes well with both of you
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom