Need your Prayers for my Dad

Very long read

I am usually a private person when it comes to my personal life whether on NT or in real life... But I need your help NT... my Dad had lung surgery yesterday which was not even 24 hours ago...the surgery ended at like 4pm...the doctor said theres internal bleeding that hasnt stopped yet... there was 2 surgeons that did the surgery and the main one is still with my dad monitoring him...the origin of the story is he has a large mass on his right lung which was effecting his only healthy lung...my dad having asthema doesnt help either...He had open heart surgery in Oct 2021 and was in the hospital for 3 weeks but made it home safely...he started to do normal things like drive and walk around long distances for example walking on the boardwalk in the beach...then in December 2022 he started to labor like really have trouble breathing short distances...so in February he went to the ER and was there for two weeks and it was an on going thing... like going to the hospital for a week for two at a time... he went to the ER 3 times and was reliant on the oxygen tank... like hes on it 24/7 whether its sleeping, sitting on the computer or driving... the third time he came back from the ER the doctor recommended a second opinion which we got in June the doctor straight up said he needs the surgery ASAP and he might not make it until labor day... my Dad is hard on hearing so didnt hear that part and me and my mom didnt relay the message either...so ya yesterday doctor had the surgery it was 9 hours he was saying the mass was so big it was like the size of a bowling ball and two doctors had to take it out in addition to his right lung... so if he makes it out ok he will just have his one healthy left lung....its a wait and see situation now... my sister and mom are going to the hospital now to see my dad... hopefully its not the last time we see him

Last edited:
My thoughts are with you and your family, bro.

My family had our own scare this past weekend, and it was the most traumatic thing I’ve ever experienced. Everything was eventually fine, so I’m hoping your family is able to experience that same relief.

Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them, NT. You just never know when life will remind that it doesn’t run on your schedule.

thanks for the support everyone... This morning the doctor said my dad is very ill but he has seen worse and people have made it but didnt want to promise anything... they did an emergency procedure this morning to help stop the internal bleeding which the doctor took care of today...they are coming out of the operation room now and bringing him back in the room... still not in the clear but was better than this morning when we got there...

thanks for the support everyone... This morning the doctor said my dad is very ill but he has seen worse and people have made it but didnt want to promise anything... they did an emergency procedure this morning to help stop the internal bleeding which the doctor took care of today...they are coming out of the operation room now and bringing him back in the room... still not in the clear but was better than this morning when we got there...

Glad to hear he’s at least doing a little better than before. Will still keep him and your family in my prayers :emoji_pray:.

Happy to hear that the stopped the internal bleeding. Praying that his recovery goes smoothly and for comfort for you and your family.

Very long read

I am usually a private person when it comes to my personal life whether on NT or in real life... But I need your help NT... my Dad had lung surgery yesterday which was not even 24 hours ago...the surgery ended at like 4pm...the doctor said theres internal bleeding that hasnt stopped yet... there was 2 surgeons that did the surgery and the main one is still with my dad monitoring him...the origin of the story is he has a large mass on his right lung which was effecting his only healthy lung...my dad having asthema doesnt help either...He had open heart surgery in Oct 2021 and was in the hospital for 3 weeks but made it home safely...he started to do normal things like drive and walk around long distances for example walking on the boardwalk in the beach...then in December 2022 he started to labor like really have trouble breathing short distances...so in February he went to the ER and was there for two weeks and it was an on going thing... like going to the hospital for a week for two at a time... he went to the ER 3 times and was reliant on the oxygen tank... like hes on it 24/7 whether its sleeping, sitting on the computer or driving... the third time he came back from the ER the doctor recommended a second opinion which we got in June the doctor straight up said he needs the surgery ASAP and he might not make it until labor day... my Dad is hard on hearing so didnt hear that part and me and my mom didnt relay the message either...so ya yesterday doctor had the surgery it was 9 hours he was saying the mass was so big it was like the size of a bowling ball and two doctors had to take it out in addition to his right lung... so if he makes it out ok he will just have his one healthy left lung....its a wait and see situation now... my sister and mom are going to the hospital now to see my dad... hopefully its not the last time we see him
I'm praying for you.

Back
Top Bottom