Need your Prayers for my Dad

Good news OP. I was scared for you when you mentioned that he was bleeding out. I'm not sure if it was **** up by the doctors, but glad they're able to rectify the situation. Keep us updated.

Just trying to stay strong... But Tuesday night and Wednesday morning it was an emotional roller coaster because I didn't know what would happen... And have been drinking every night just to get my mind off things and be able to sleep...just visited my dad now and saw him with his eyes open which was great... Not sure if he knew my mom and me were here...going to hang out at the hospital for a few hours today then go home to NJ for the week for work... Will be back next weekend...but tomorrow should be a big day because they will clean him up and close him... So I'll give an update tomorrow...

Just visited my dad now and saw him with his eyes open which was great... Not sure if he knew my mom and me were here.
Your Dad knew y'all was there. I can't explain it, but y'all presence was felt. I hope you're telling your Dad, how much you and your family, truly love him. Honestly, I would've also mentioned *NTers* as "individuals" that he never met, are praying for him to overcome this tragedy.

He's not alone in this fight , and neither are you. you go boy you go boy . Please stay strong.

Just trying to stay strong... But Tuesday night and Wednesday morning it was an emotional roller coaster because I didn't know what would happen... And have been drinking every night just to get my mind off things and be able to sleep...just visited my dad now and saw him with his eyes open which was great... Not sure if he knew my mom and me were here...going to hang out at the hospital for a few hours today then go home to NJ for the week for work... Will be back next weekend...but tomorrow should be a big day because they will clean him up and close him... So I'll give an update tomorrow...
Update?

Last edited:
Hey bro, if you ever need to vent, my DM is open.

Long Read

my prayers go out to you and your mom ukn0wn... thanks fozz for being supportive I appreciate it...

My dad has a history of health issues… but it all started around 08-09 my pops went to the hospital forgot the reason why but they found out he had a benign mass in his lung… they were supposed to take it out but didn’t… in retrospect they should have… but my pops didn’t feel any pain or anything so just lived with it…but this was the beginning of it all… now in 2023 this small benign mass has become huge like a human head huge and has damaged the right lung all together and has moved all the way to the left lung and is pushing everything over which causes him to have shortness of breath…he was in and out of the hospital 3 times in 2023 and has been on the oxygen tank for 24 hours a day…after his 3rd visit to the hospital the doctor recommended a second opinion on the lung which they found the big mass… they said you have to get the surgery or else my dad wont make it until labor day so here we are…

In 2021 he had open heart surgery to replace the valve in his heart… that was a serious surgery in itself and was similar to today as far as we didn’t know what would happen to him… he needed the surgery because he had an aneurism that was getting bigger and if he didn’t have the surgery he would have a heart attack at anytime… so we got that done and he was in the hospital for 3 weeks then came back home…

Today we still are not sure whats going on… the doctor and nurses are giving us updates but hes still incubated and on several machines to keep him alive… the doctor did say my pops is very strong… not sure what that means but hes still very sick… they did say the bleeding has stopped…once hes awake and able to talk and move on his on I’ll feel more at ease…mentally I am doing better just trying to stay strong… don’t drink at night anymore to go to sleep I think I did it last week cuz of stress and I was at a hotel…but my first day at work was rough… my coworker likes to gossip a lot and she asked me about my pops but I didn’t feel like talking about it so ended the conversation real quick…and my manager kept asking when hes being discharged and I kept telling him not anytime soon since hes on life support… it was annoying to say the least because he couldn’t comprehend…

Welp it looks like today is the end of the road...my dad had the ecmo machine removed this Wednesday so he was on the two life support machines instead of four...I thought he was on the right path... Then my mom talked to the nurse and said there's not much more they can do... Then the Dr told us to go to the hospital ASAP to say goodbye... My sister was already there and me and my mom came a few hours later...they said that he's not responsive and his blood rate is going down slowly and multiple organ failures so they asked my fam what we wanted to do... So my mom said to give him pain medicine so he won't suffer or have pain while he dies... So now we are just saying our goodbyes while the inevitable happens... The priest already came to give their prayers...just wanted to let y'all know everything... I'm trying to stay strong... It was tough for me to say goodbye without being emotional...

Last edited:
Welp it looks like today is the end of the road...my dad had the ecmo machine removed this Wednesday so he was on the two life support machines instead of four...I thought he was on the right path... Then my mom talked to the nurse and said there's not much more they can do... Then the Dr told us to go to the hospital ASAP to say goodbye... My sister was already there and me and my mom came a few hours later...they said that he's not responsive and his blood rate is going down slowly and asked my fam what we wanted to do... So my mom said to give him pain medicine so he won't suffer or have pain while he dies... So now we are just saying our goodbyes while the inevitable happens... The priest already came to give their prayers...just wanted to let y'all know everything... I'm trying to stay strong... It was tough for me to say goodbye without being emotional...

So sorry to hear. You know we’re here for you if you need anything even if it’s just to vent and let out all your emotions. Condolences to your family and I still have your dad in my prayers |l.

Sorry to hear man

My condolences to you and your fam. Being there for each other is what helped me get through a similar time. Continue to support each other much as you can

Me and my mom were angry that my sister would never visit...she was posting all this stuff on social media and we were like you can do all that and not visit... She was saying she can't see my dad like this... She ended up visiting last Saturday and this Friday... We saw her today and she was an emotional wreck...so now I understood why she was acting like that... But it's all forgotten now... Here in NJ we only have our immediate family so now just me my mom and sister so we have to be supportive of each other at all times...

Me and my mom were angry that my sister would never visit...she was posting all this stuff on social media and we were like you can do all that and not visit... She was saying she can't see my dad like this... She ended up visiting last Saturday and this Friday... We saw her today and she was an emotional wreck...so now I understood why she was acting like that... But it's all forgotten now... Here in NJ we only have our immediate family so now just me my mom and sister so we have to be supportive of each other at all times...
sorry to hear brudda,my condolences
<3

Last edited:
Everybody copes with these situations in different ways. I’m glad you were able to understand that with your sister and aren’t holding the way she acted against her. It’s good that she’s there now and y’all can be together for your dads final moments.

My condolences to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom