Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

Where did I say this is evidence God exists....I said you can take it as you want it

This is discussion is philosophical discussion

Neither view can use science to back up their viewpoint

The concept of whether God exist is beyond science

We are talking about view points, not cars

a person, country, etc., that does not support either side of an argument, fight, war, etc.

I don't get why we have to hide behind semantics, or when its a scientific/philosophical discussion and not just say what we mean?

Under the atheist viewpoint, there's no God to judge. Do you

Last edited:
Haha, I get what he's saying but it's more than that. It all rolls back into my statement of scope and universal principals. Existence has a funny way of falling under the same fundementals. Look at a child. They imagine, they create, they pretend, ext. We all agree that within the scope of all existence humans as we know then today have only existed for a short time correct? During its "child phase" they did the same thing children do, they created, they imagined, ext. existence always has a funny way of following the same principals indeed.

I understand what you were implying with the burden of proof.
No you don't because I wasn't implying anything about the burden of proof. I just stated facts about the burden of proof thinking at first we both knew what that was.

Also, no you don't understand what I was saying because you clearly do not understand what the burden of proof is. If you did you wouldn't have wasted time assuming I meant beliefs = claims.

Now you want to quibble over semantics.
There are no semantics. You don't know what the burden of proof is.

You accused me of implying beliefs were claims. That's not semantics. That's just false. I never did that no matter what you choose to assume. You can be sarcastic about it if you want but I'm not budging on that cuz you don't know what a claim is or what the burden of proof is or what the word if means.

No ever says "God exists....facts!"
Religious ppl do this.

Problem is their facts aren't factual or have nothing to do with the GOD existing or not.

I get it, you don't want to make the claim God doesn't exist because then the burden of proof would be on you.
Why would I make that claim?

It's up to ppl who think GOD exists to prove it. You don't prove negatives.

This is what I mean when I say you do not understand what the burden of proof is :lol: You seriously think you can just change a word or two and now it's on me.

Pretty clear you didn't watch the video :smh:

So we hide behind terms like "lack of belief" which is basically the "I don't know" answer...which is the agnostic answer view point
Fundamentals :smh:

You seriously don't know the difference between atheism and agnosticism. They address two different questions. Most atheists are agnostic atheists.

Do you not know what gnosticism is? If you don't know the basics you shouldn't argue them at all. Nobody is hiding behind terms. That you seriously don't know what they mean is your problem.

But if you have no answer why protest so hard when I say the answer is God?
Cuz before that answer is accepted you have to prove what that GOD entails and that GOD exists.

If you truly have no answer then you must accept the POSSIBILITY that God could be the answer.
I never said GOD's existence was impossible. It is possible. Just like any other thing that comes to mind can be possible.

Its fine you compare God to unicorns or Big Foot.
That's the point though, if (there's that word again) IF you're saying it's possible that GOD exists. Fine. That's no different than saying the existence of leprechauns is possible.

Nobody wastes time over saying these things are not possible. This is you pushing back the goal posts.

Guess what? The majority of the world doesn't believe in unicorns or Big Foot.

They believe in God.
So it's just a #s game to you? :lol: Lets not forget that the majority of the world don't even believe in the same GOD. Hundreds of millions believe in multiple GODs.

Just because a lot of ppl believe in something doesn't mean they're right.

There was a time the majority of the world believed gravity didn't exist. They were wrong.

There was a time the majority of the world believed the Earth was the center of the universe. They were wrong.

I can go on and on.

If religion is just a #s game to you and you're relying on the majority believing in this one thing I feel sorry for you. I know you must enjoy the comfort of the majority but you're snuggled up to so many logical fallacies it's a shame.
Trying to sell strong atheism to people will not work.
Now this is a made up term :lol:

Its an argument from ignorance with no hope.
You really should go educate yourself on atheism, theism, deism, agnosticism, gnosticism, etc. before you speak on it any more. Especially before you start talking about arguments from ignorance with no hope.

Last edited:
Mister friendly you do see how your questions do nothing for proving your claim correct? You've yet to provide an argument for your claim. You've just added more claims to cover your initial claim

Last edited:
[quote name="Mister Friendly"]Under the atheist viewpoint...[/quote] No, no, go on. :lol:

Tell us what atheists think, in all your limited knowledge of actual atheism and scarce curiosity combined with tons of indoctrinated ideas, inform us. :smokin

Where did I say that I accept any NDE as a truth?

I'm just pointing out that not every account of NDE includes God like you ignorantly stated.

You're wrong. Accept it.

So they are just accounts..The same as the people saying they saw an afterlife

Just accounts....but honestly why didn't you refute the other guys statement?

[quote name="BLASTERCOMBO"]Mister friendly you do see how your questions do nothing for proving your claim correct? You've yet to provide an argument for your claim. You've just added more claims to cover your initial claim[/quote]Nope.

[quote name="Mister Friendly"][quote name="PLVN"]Where did I say that I accept any NDE as a truth?

I'm just pointing out that not every account of NDE includes God like you ignorantly stated.

You're wrong. Accept it.[/quote]but honestly why didn't you refute the other guys statement?[/quote]I just now realized the hilarity in the fact that my son has just started doing this, and I'm trying to teach him out if it, teaching him to take responsibility for himself and not use others when it gets hot, because the 'others' argument doesn't take away from what he did, it only temporarily detracts from it.

He's 7. :lol:

"You asked me; ask him, too! Equality!!"

:rofl:

Last edited:

Haha I guess. I mean there's fundemental properties to a claim vs an argument

Ex:

Claim
"two plus two is four"

Argument
" | | + | | = | | | |"

Claim

"God made it "

Claim

"God made everything"

Claim

"God made something out of that nothing"

Claim

"The bible said God did"

Why is this so hard to understand? :lol:

Last edited:
^ claim vs. argument

conclusion vs. observation

evidence-based vs. faith-based 

burden of proof

Tons of confusions. 
ohwell.gif

When people use the the argument, "well you can't prove God doesn't exist" it's just so god damn dissapointing. Can you prove that God does exist? See how ridiculous that it :lol:

Look, we live on a planet that's 4 billion years old, we've been around a couple hundred thousand years. We're a speck of dust on a bowling ball. I've drawn my conclusions on science and rationality. Not out of spite towards "God" and the 5 billion people who believe in God.

Just enjoy life, it's ridiculousl short.

Last edited:
I understand the burden of proof. I get it.

The trouble comes when we hide what we mean

When talking on this site, we are using the layman version of things * Waits for semantics over what layman means*

Anytime somebody has an assertion on the site..Its pretty much taken as their belief, claim, argument or their version of facts

I understand the differences between atheism, theism, deism, agnosticism, gnosticism.

And theres a school of thought, that there are no true agnostics except people who have never been exposed to concept of God

And thats why I was talking about strong atheism...the gnostic atheist as opposed to the agnostic atheist.

You cant sell....there's no God and we are 100% sure he doesn't exist...... because you don't know and it offers no hope

Even agnostic atheist by admitting he doesn't know everything has to open themselves up to the possibility that God exists

"You can say God is a real as the Easter Bunny" but you cant say "God doesn't exist" because just know don't know

Its not a hard concept

I like Coupes spirit :lol:

Like the atheist view point says there's no God...so that means you only got now!

Why are you wasting your time on an internet message about whether God exists?

If I was an atheist...I'd laugh at this thread and do me.

Last edited:
You guys have way more patience than me for entertaining the same old arguments non stop 
laugh.gif
,got tired of it days ago.

Last edited:
You are the prime example of another concept I'm trying to instill in my son, a concept I'm very adament in remembering to myself:

Knowing too much to learn.

You know the burden of proof.

You know the difference in gnosticism and atheism and Baptist and Islam and Taoism and everything else.

You know the difference in a claim and an argument.

You know, you know, you know.

You know too much to be open to having what you 'know' corrected.

"Well you know there's no god."

Squaaaawk, parrot; squawk. 
laugh.gif

If you understand what the burden of proof is and also know what the word if means then why did you insist I was saying beliefs = claims?

Were you just trolling? or were you confused?

If you seriously knew what it meant before I mentioned it and had a firm understanding of it I don't get why you seemed so confused in your posts and are now accusing me of dealing with semantics.

You make a claim, you're supposed to support it with evidence. If you can't do it then the claim is not true until you can provide the necessary evidence.

And no, there is no layman's burden of proof. Just the burden of proof. Don't make an excuse now about confusing arguments with claims and beliefs. If you seriously knew what the burden of proof is there'd be no reason to make up excuses like that. It's simple, clear cut and dry.

If you understand the difference between an atheist and an agnostic then you should know why your last post makes no sense then right? or were you confused then?

Nobody is talking about selling anybody on anything. So save your breath on telling ppl what they can't sell to others.

I get the feeling you're not reading my posts in their entirety with some of the other stuff you're saying.

^ It's plainly obvious to most everyone but him that, no, he doesn't understand these things.

I can say I'm wearing a white shirt; that doesn't make it white.

"Believe some of what people tell you, and all of what they show you."

:lol: :smh:

It's like if I was in another thread and made a comparison to or brought up Game of Thrones. Say something about white walkers. Then the person replies pretending they know what GoT is while just making up **** in reference to it. Everybody else who has watched GoT can painfully see he doesn't know what he's talking about but he keeps insisting he knows GoT just as well. All the while making a silly argument. Then bringing in deflections and side arguments and red herrings to hide that they don't know what they're talking about.

I like Coupes spirit :lol:

Like the atheist view point says there's no God...so that means you only got now!

Why are you wasting your time on an internet message about whether God exists?

If I was an atheist...I'd laugh at this thread and do me.

Oh, I was laughing. That's why I compared Santa Clause and God. :lol:

That was literally the only post I shared tho, I'm not writing essays over here. Life is short, with or without God. If the belief in God helps you sleep better at night and helps you out when you're down, good for you.

Yes I understood your view point..You don't believe in God

I was saying I like your spirit to laugh it off and keep moving

Like the atheist view point says there's no God

Might as well not waste your time on internet message boards debating about something that doesnt exist , enjoy life and do you

If I was an atheist, that's what Id be doing.

Getting in some yambs> debating what exists

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom