As if this generation couldn't get anyworse...Vol. Congratulations, you just ruined Jumanji..

put michael blackson in this ***** 
glasses.gif

Can anyone explain how a remake RUINS it's original?

If anything, it illuminates just how ****** older movies are and how far we've come.

If that's what people mean when they say "ruin," then whatevs.

The name gets tarnished. I know it's not a sequel but even sequels can tarnish the legacy of great films. I mean who doesn't say Godfather is a great movie but then always reference that the third one was terrible. It's like that one film sort of hinders the whole trilogy even though 1 and 2 are awesome. I know this is a far fetched for Jumanji but seeing how teens are only thinking of the current, most will look at this remake and think this movie is just god awful (if it is) when the original was so good. Now rather than just having Jumanji as a stand alone good movie, it will be Jumanji.....the movie with one old good film and one bad remake.

Anyways.....not saying that will happen but it's an excuse anyways.

The problem I have w/ this is that it's a direct link to the OG Jumanji, if they would've loosely tied it to the movie where it leaves you guessing whether or not it could be a sequel, then I'd be ok with it. Hollywood and the writers go on strike so they can get paid more money to rehash classic w/ bad scripts. lol

The Rock has been in more awful movies than good/decent ones. Dude just doesn't care
Arnold didnt have as bad a track record.

Last edited:
Wow they turned it in to a video game. I mean yeah I get it, board game to video game but still.

OG will always be there in my mind. This seems like something else entirely.

im not attached to da jumanji like that to care they updated da board game into a Video game....

reminds me of Captain N...

Last edited:
I think that people are looking back to the original with rose tinted glasses. It wasn't really a good movie. It had a good idea and set up, but the actual movie is just robin Williams and the kids running around being chased and animals doing zany things in the real world. If anything it was just a CGI spectacle of the time. It wasn't a good movie.

Last edited:
They lost me with the people on the motor bikes, Jack Black looks like he'll be the funniest. Looks alright, the thing I hate is that I'm expecting the animals(and I guess Nick Jonas flying a helicopter now) in the jungle. The first one was great because it was kids and took place in the actual world. I get that they couldn't do that though. Right now it goes into my Guilty pleasures Netflix pile with Transformers, TMNT and Power Rangers, no way I see this in theaters. If RW was still alive it'd be an automatic watch though just for the cameo alone

This coming out December 20th...this movie will be forgotten during it's opening weekend

ballsy of Sony to drop it within 5 days of Star Wars

This aint Jumanji. They should just call this "N***** get sucked into a video game"

Rock coming for the title, Sam Jack

The name gets tarnished. I know it's not a sequel but even sequels can tarnish the legacy of great films. I mean who doesn't say Godfather is a great movie but then always reference that the third one was terrible. It's like that one film sort of hinders the whole trilogy even though 1 and 2 are awesome. I know this is a far fetched for Jumanji but seeing how teens are only thinking of the current, most will look at this remake and think this movie is just god awful (if it is) when the original was so good. Now rather than just having Jumanji as a stand alone good movie, it will be Jumanji.....the movie with one old good film and one bad remake.

Anyways.....not saying that will happen but it's an excuse anyways.

I've never heard anyone in the history of my life say that.

And even if everyone in the world was saying it, people will STILL say the Godfather movie series is one of the greatest of all time.

you can look up any publication that has a list of 20 all time best movie series and I gurantee you will not find one that does not have the Godfather series in it.

I say all that to say just because a sequel or remake sucks does not take anything away from the original's impact. It will forever have the impact.

Jumanji was a great children's movie. Is it an all-timer?

I know plenty people who.dont like the 3rd godfather.

Imo its not bad lol

But i mean 1974 to 1990 things are gonna change lol.

Its not in the same realm as the first 2.

im not attached to da jumanji like that to care they updated da board game into a Video game....

reminds me of Captain N...

Captain n disrecpting simon belmont
Wack megaman

Still watched tho

He cheated with the pause button

People always talk about how godfather part 3 was bad. I dunno why he was cool with his nephew trying to get in the guts of his daughter.

Was born in 92 so not familiar with the og. Heard it's on netflix so ill watch it.

Y'all buggin tho. Although it still can be garbage because the rock in it, the actual trailer was fine.

Back
Top Bottom