Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I can usually tell who's filipino

The rest not so much.

Some people from Guam look Filipino

Yeah Filipinos I'm pretty confident in, but I feel like that's just based off of the abundance of Filipinos in my area. I've met a few Thai or even Viet people that I could've sworn were Filipino. Statistically, based on the demographics of my area, I could say Filipino every time and be right the majority of the time.

Eh, I live in LA and I get random Filipinos speaking Tagalog to me all the time and I just look at them all confused.

Yeah, that's 44%. Randomly guessing would give you 33% I think.
I got 10/18 but I admit it was randomly guessing. The last half I didn't even look at the pictures for more than a second :lol:

Only ones I was confident in were the ones with wild and/or colorful hair, I knew they were Japanese.

Bruh, some Harvey Weinstein **** going down in South Korea..........except it is several dudes deep (pause)

What's surprising to me is the level of surprise that stuff like this happens in the industry.
The industry has been exploiting and pimping out these young girls and boys for decades.

I know it sounds a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist type stuff, but there's a theory that many famous celebs have a ton of dirt on them, sometimes manufactured ie, drugs, hidden videos, etc, from the get go, in order to be used down the line when the people in power need to distract the public from something really heavy going down....

If they ever make a Law & Order Seoul SVU....

Yeah Filipinos I'm pretty confident in, but I feel like that's just based off of the abundance of Filipinos in my area. I've met a few Thai or even Viet people that I could've sworn were Filipino. Statistically, based on the demographics of my area, I could say Filipino every time and be right the majority of the time.

Regionally, it would make sense to have similar features.

- Vietnam
- Thailand
- Cambodia
- Malaysia
- Philippines
- Indonesia

Its just one giant spectrum

She got a natural beauty, bring her home to meet the fam and mom type.

Im guessing her mans is the guy in glasses? It bewilders me on some of these womens choices of partners :lol: extra salty but it is what it is. Imo I feel like Filipinos and Thais usually have this fascination with Western culture and wanting to date extra average white dudes. I mean more power to him, but how tho?

Im guessing her mans is the guy in glasses? It bewilders me on some of these womens choices of partners :lol: extra salty but it is what it is. Imo I feel like Filipinos and Thais usually have this fascination with Western culture and wanting to date extra average white dudes. I mean more power to him, but how tho?

Blame dudes like Ken jeong and the American media making Asian dudes look inferior to the rest of the world. That and white privilege

Those lips look plumpy and kinda.. fake :nerd:

She looks like some chick I knew from around the way that tried to holla. Had to pass on her b/c I was already talking to my girl and heard she was crazy

Anyone know what the system around basketball in China is like? Are kids being trained the right way? I feel like it's been a minute since we've seen some legit basketball talent out of China.

Like I heard the soccer system is pretty trash in America and that has a lot to do with why we suck at soccer.

Anyone know what the system around basketball in China is like? Are kids being trained the right way? I feel like it's been a minute since we've seen some legit basketball talent out of China.

Like I heard the soccer system is pretty trash in America and that has a lot to do with why we suck at soccer.
Trash. They look at the body of young people and funnel them into different sports depending on their body type, regardless if the youngster has much passion for it or now. David Epstein who wrote the athlete gene talked about this at a panel, youre not going to breed great athletes into adulthood if they didn’t grow up with a genuine interest in the game, or if every practice was chore. Free play is so important.

People like Tiger with that forced golf upbringing were the exception, not the rule. That’s why a lot of Chinese athletes do well in Olympic sports where the motion of the sport is based on repetitive predictable action (eg diving).

Not sure but I know they not shy to fly over instagram trainers. There's the guard on jordan brand guo ailun he's pretty good

Last edited:

Self hate.

We're considered inferior in western society and our female counterparts dont want any kind of association with it. Sad to say asian females are the first ones to jump ship when it comes to defending the asian male stereotype. Look at a vast majority of the asian female population in Hollywood and their partners. Its a status symbol for them, a way to elevate their social status in western society.

Call me salty or whatever but it just saddens me when your own kind looks down upon you based on an image thats drawn up within society.

Back
Top Bottom