Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Capture+_2019-07-16-16-09-29.png

:nerd:>D

australian accent is so sexy. asian accent speaking english is pretty cringeworthy
Agreed

One thing I didnt like about Crazy Rich Asians were the aussie and british accents. Asians with west coast american accent > *

Simu really went from Accountant to Kims Convenience to what might make him the biggest Asian-American movie star.

Simu really went from Accountant to Kims Convenience to what might make him the biggest Asian-American movie star.
He went to high school with my brother and he also used to live in my condo. Crazy thing is, I didn't know he knew my brother until after. Was a cool guy whenever I ran into him, wish I got a picture or autograph though looking back :lol:

Is this gonna be like black panther where it's mostly Asian people? Like is there an equivalent for Wakanda but for Asians in Shang chi

Asian-Canadian mb.

He went to high school with my brother and he also used to live in my condo. Crazy thing is, I didn't know he knew my brother until after. Was a cool guy whenever I ran into him, wish I got a picture or autograph though looking back :lol:

Dude actually seems super approachable. You could probably DM him and he'd respond. But then again, he just made a big bag so idk if that's true anymore :lol:. He's in another bracket now.

Do you think any part of this thinking ia due to social conditioning?

I believe it plays a role. Jokes on TV or movies all the time about Asians speaking English with an accent. On the contrary you have the typical character on TV with a European or south American accent that gets all the romantic attention

For 200m he is, smashed his previous best 20.16 which was the previous asian record. For the 100m, his pb of 9.97 makes him 1 of 2 Chinese sprinters going under 10 secs. Su Bingtian of China's pb of 9.91 is the fastest. Japan has had 3 sprinters going under 10 secs for 100m, 1 of them Sani Brown is mixed with a Ghanaian Father tho. The 2 other full japanese sprinters have tied with Xie at 9.97

That’s the fastest Asian I’ve ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom