Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Chinese students keep tearing down the wall in Australia too

They’re oppressing people in other countries

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...iend-tarantinos-movie-disrespects-him-1232544

Props to Kareem for respectfully giving his Thoughts.

c33bf7e21ed08aff9d6c52d9bec037a5.jpg

I get what Talib is saying. Interesting points. 100% on his statement of no "positive stereotypes". Also I'm one of those bad at math Azns lol. SAT 740 verbal 650 math (when it was 800/800) lol.
But seems a little off mark because it sounds like he's generalizing a bit (but also makes the comment about which Asian, so clearly he doesn't lump it all together)
Anime = Japanese culture = Asian culture
Might need to look a little farther back before ww2 to the turn of the century to find the roots of Euro- centric culture/modernity in Japan and some Asian countries.
Also, in that sense, white =/= American white supremacy.
But as it's been discussed many times here: Asian beauty =/= wanting to be "white".

That’s the vid from pic. Honestly believe this is getting out of hand and too much chaos. Truth is their Police very restrained. You want “Democracy”? Guys would have been shot for that and all the other effed up rioting in other countries.
Way to mess up your own home.

Smh really no nba team wanted him?

It could be that Lin didn't like the potential "team role" that prospecting NBA teams were willing to give him if he had signed a contract with them.

I mean he was basically reduced to a "spot minutes" 3rd stringer on the championship Toronto team this year, and I feel most of the NBA teams giving him offers were basically going to give him the same role AND Lin probably didn't want none of that no more.

In China's CBA, he'll be given the minutes AND that spotlight that he once had during his "Linsanity" days on that Beijing squad

Li ngoing to get a bag but a lot of pressure will be on him to perform. I remember at the peak of Linsanity, there were reports Chinese players thought Lin weren't any better than them but was getting a chance in the NBA and the bright lights simply because he was born and raised in the U.S.

I think his struggles with the raptors was mental and he'll bounce back playing as the number one option in Beijing

That’s the vid from pic. Honestly believe this is getting out of hand and too much chaos. Truth is their Police very restrained. You want “Democracy”? Guys would have been shot for that and all the other effed up rioting in other countries.
Way to mess up your own home.

Why shouldn’t they fight for democracy?

Why shouldn’t they fight for democracy?

Not saying the Public doesn’t have legitimate concerns about their Future: Business slow and stagnant, living costs too much. But some of these protestors took a real problem and went off to demands unrealistic. Let’s go from micro to macro.
-Gov’t introduced a broad, poorly thought out law to fix a big loophole. That P-O-S guy who killed his girlfriend while in Taiwan is only detained for fraud cause he used her card. Nobody talks about the original issue.
-When civil servants, professionals and most general gathered to protest notice the relative calm. No property destruction, physical violence and general rioting. Call the hardcore actions for what they are.
-Notable protest and activists leaving HK, meeting with foreign govt reps, waving foreign flags gets you no sympathy from other Chinese people cause look like Tools. HK people were second class under UK and were killed in past riots. People would have been killed in other democratic countries in that news vid for their actions. Kids aren’t interested in Talk. Just effing things up.
-And honestly speaking, what did you think was going to happen in this 50 year transition. Commies aren’t going anywhere, Dynasties last hundreds of years. Commies at 70 years. All this ends up ruining their house and home.
-Look up vids on surrounding Pearl Delta Bay Area i.e. Shenzen and Macau. HK becoming overshadowed.

Writing this brief as I’m targeting Saturday sneaker releases. But that's general feeling. Said this before: My Family are Mainland Chinese from Taiwan, refugees from civil war. Older than most in Thread and prob more conservative Right than most in Thread. Not a fan of CCP and PROC.
Hope all that made some realistic sense.

Back
Top Bottom