Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Indonesian singer best by American husband, needs knee surgery.

forgot the exact number but the department of justice put out a report stating that domestic abuse on Asian women are mostly from white males

Damn shame.

The price of wanting to separate yourself from your identity and wanting to be accepted by western standards.

My cousin got caught wrong place wrong time, was arrested by hk police when they ambushed a bus. Hoping he doesn't get charged

Capture.JPG

I don’t think America is ready for an Asian president

same way they weren’t ready for Hilary

Most of America is not that progressive

I don’t think America is ready for an Asian president

same way they weren’t ready for Hilary

Most of America is not that progressive
Yep. There's going to be people asking where he's really born, what his allegiances and ties to China/Taiwan are.
Funny how people have never questioned a President's ties to Ireland, Germany, Italy etc.. Good video of Yang at the AAPI conference, answered some stupid questions very well.

Anyone recommend the best neighborhood for a 29 y/o dude to stay at/get it in in Korea? Never been to Asia before. Heard Itaewon is seen as a trashier area and Hongdae is just late teens and early 20s college students?

Quitting my job in a few months and will be doing an extended 2 month vacation before I get a new one. 2 friends, also late 20s and also not Korean/only speak English, will be taking their vacation and staying with me for the first 2-3 weeks but I’ll be solo the remaining time. Probably gonna carve some time to go to Japan too.

Have 10k budgeted for it (including flight cost and hopefully some splurgy clothes shopping).

Trying to get it in before I’m fully washed but also interested in seeing some urban tourist spots and scenic nature spots in Korea/possibly Japan.

Last edited:
Anyone recommend the best neighborhood for a 29 y/o dude to stay at in Korea? Never been to Asia before. Heard Itaewon is seen as a trashier area and Hongdae is just college students?

Quitting my job in a few months and will be doing an extended 2 month vacation before I get a new one. 2 friends, also late 20s and also not Korean/only speak English, will be taking their vacation and staying with me for the first 2-3 weeks but I’ll be solo the remaining time. Probably gonna carve some time to go to Japan too.

Have 10k budgeted for it (including flight cost and hopefully some splurgy clothes shopping).

Trying to get it in before I’m fully washed but also interested in seeing some urban tourist spots and scenic nature spots in Korea/possibly Japan.

Itaewon is full of expats and douche military types. I avoid it at all costs

Hongdae is technically a college area, but plenty of people of all ages kick it there. The street food and restaurants there are :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Probably the most lively non-pretentious area of most East Asian cities. I go to Seoul once or twice a year and always stay in/close to Hongdae

I'm 29 and never feel out of place there, if it matters

Anyone recommend the best neighborhood for a 29 y/o dude to stay at/get it in in Korea? Never been to Asia before. Heard Itaewon is seen as a trashier area and Hongdae is just late teens and early 20s college students?

itaewon is trash. it’s where all the foreigners are.

that’s all I have to say about that

as a former military douche stationed in korea........avoid us/them in itaewon......i dont know what it is a bout korea that makes us go f'n crazy with the alcohol and shenanigans

first time going to asia and youre not going to thailand? you have to go to thailand

as a former military douche stationed in korea........avoid us/them in itaewon......i dont know what it is a bout korea that makes us go f'n crazy with the alcohol and shenanigans

I read a lot of the foreigners there rape the locals. Is that true? I recall the statistic being a third are committed by foreigners even though they make up less than 2% of the general population

So are authorities just waiting till someone actually dies.
Try slashing a riot cop in America.
Start running out of stuff to tear apart.
Be extra brave. Go hit the PLA Barracks.

i love to see how the riot pig got kicked to the ground by the protesters, they also should've jack his rubber bullet rifle

Shout out to the Gawd shibadekobe shibadekobe for sending me 5 bottles of calamansi soju after I mentioned in this thread that I wanted to find a bottle! Real NT love!

Attachments

• 36FDEE1C-4ACE-470A-9524-13161CA9DA4B.jpeg
    36FDEE1C-4ACE-470A-9524-13161CA9DA4B.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 910
Back
Top Bottom