Asian Culture Discussion Thread

girl inside polytechnic university describes the current situation
click on CC for subtitles (audio only)

Last edited:
I really hope the people of hk get the 5 demands met, so many died for this

And how many do you count died during these riots?
The old senior citizen who got hit by a brick from protestors. The idiot kid who fell a parking garage floor maybe pushed but before cops were there near him. Please don’t over dramatize or cite info without proof.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Hong_Kong_protests#By_suicide

The original demand goal was with merit. The rest of their demands are unrealistic. See the news of public clearing and cleaning the streets. Even while assaulted and attacked by rioters. Regular civilians are tired of 6/7/8 months of destruction.
Their govt is ineffective but the rioters are dumber. Way to ruin your own home and future. HK will be surpassed by Singapore, Shenzhen and even Macau.
Finally after seeing demonstrators during this whole time singing national anthems and waving other countries flag. Those people are delusional. Must be because they can immigrate overseas.
Chinese people were second class citizens under colonial rule. Check the History of HK protests and see how the former masters dealt with them. How do you think US law enforcement would deal.
Want real revolution, then go attack the PLA barracks and other govt institutions.

Before anyone get the wrong idea, know before you object cause said this before: my Family are Mainlanders who were refugees to Taiwan after civil war. No love for anything CCP nor their politics.

tenor.gif

Hardly surprising coming from Italy. It's the only country I've gone to where I never interacted with the locals unless I absolutely had to (similar to what I do in non-major metro areas/non coastal states in the US); racism/ignorance and rude behavior are damn near celebrated out there, so I don't even take any chances.

Last edited:
I've visited Italy twice and didn't face any racism but I've heard a ton of bad stories. Ironically enough the highest % of ethnicity of women I've been with are Italian :lol:

seeing a lot of people pose like this lately, when is it going to stop

F that ignorant Fool.
Same stuff happens in Euro soccer.
The stuff Black players go through is effed.
See all the news in Italian soccer. Continuous.
Personally have never wanted or gone over Atlantic side. And prob never will. No fascination w/Continental Europe. Pacific side is The Past and The Future.

Back
Top Bottom