Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I’m legit mad at this. Wypipo ruin every ****ing thing.

saw this blow up on IG. Textbook cultural appropriation. Lady learned mahjong liked the game and decided she wanted fancy designer tiles at markup for the wypipo, centuries of history/tradition be damned :stoneface:

Columbus syndrome is real.

On that note, yall ever notice a lot of these youtube foodie bros are almost always in se asia? A few have over a million subscribers too, i know they cakin off discovering all these cuisines thats nobodys ever heard of before until they found it.

Here are the creators
Eq7Uo_UUYAEmVkU.jpeg

Columbus syndrome is real.

On that note, yall ever notice a lot of these youtube foodie bros are almost always in se asia? A few have over a million subscribers too, i know they cakin off discovering all these cuisines thats nobodys ever heard of before until they found it.

probably because food in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos is dirt cheap, even comparison to other asian countries. you know they love pandering to that "streetfood" foodie crowd. these folk think that just because ate noodles and bbq skewers on some random street in Cambodia, that they're suddenly eating something risky.

probably because food in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos is dirt cheap, even comparison to other asian countries. you know they love pandering to that "streetfood" foodie crowd. these folk think that just because ate noodles and bbq skewers on some random street in Cambodia, that they're suddenly eating something risky.

not only risky but somehow they’re shining the light on exotic and exciting food from the streets of the third world, like it’s some sort of crazy magical treasure. It’s cheap delicious food, you’re not some special pioneer Columbus discovering the new world.

These the same people eating street dogs outside the club at 2 am in DTLA like nothing :lol:

good dude right here, representing.

good dude right here, representing.

Damb...he's 38 ? Only asian guy i've seen aging badly at this age range. Dude looks almost 50.

Back
Top Bottom