Asian Culture Discussion Thread

🤦‍♂️

Edit:
“An investigation is ongoing. The NYPD's Hate Crimes Unit was originally notified of the incident, but it is no longer being investigated as a possible hate crime after Muflihi said the attack wasn't about race or ethnicity. Despite that, it is still the latest in a string of attacks on Asian victims throughout the city.”

-
Right, just because MF said was not.
DumbF prosecutors.
🤨

Last edited:
Not to get deep, but with the combination of pervasive orientalist east vs west contrast constructs and the forever foreigner phenomena where we are responsible for anything any Asian country does, mix that in with the geopolitical landscape of Asia developing into a world power, expect some type of confrontation in the future and when that happens, antagonistic narratives to increase exponentially, and expect extreme blowback on Asian-Americans from that.

I see the racism happening right now against Asian-Americans being the tip of the iceberg of what will happen in the future when strong international conflicts arise. I feel like internment camps are going to be light compared to what will happen with the way social media spreads narratives and racism. When that war-mongering type rhetoric starts popping out, what we're seeing right now is just a taste of it. I think it's likely to happen in our lifetime, probably like 10-20 years. It's realistically either deconstruct those constructs somehow or just be prepared for when it does happen.

Last edited:

Another Flushing incident. I know where this is at too, it’s not too far from Flushing High School and Latimer Gardens Projects.

Being a Latino dude from Flushing, every time I’d step outside, Asian women give me the dirtiest looks and clutch their purses like I’m on the verge of robbing them. I’ve never robbed anyone in my life nor thought about it. It’s aggravating dealing with that on a daily basis. Having said that, people that look similar to me and do this type of ****, are contributing to the problem. The young kids that love going into Duane Reade on Main Street and stealing and running out with snacks and laughing about it, they’re part of the reason that I got to deal with overzealous security. And I don’t steal, I’ve never stolen. Kids that I grew up with that did steal, I used to chastise them for stealing whenever we’d hang out because if they got caught, I knew I was getting blamed and I had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

3 asian men were just stabbed in brooklyn.

You gotta keep a blade or glock on you at all times right now

From what I heard, they were trying to rob an illegal gambling den. In Flushing, there are gambling dens everywhere as well as “spas”.

Good dude.
Support your local Asian small businesses.
These stupid overreaching lockdown policies are destroying livelihoods more than “saving” lives.

Xiao Ma is dope. I was skeptical of his videos because I thought he just wanted to flex and get views on how he can speak Mandarin, Cantonese and Fujianese but he really be just interacting and shows the human/people side of the businesses he goes to.

Really read this dude’s Twit posts and understand the growing Asian anger and alarm against those who downplay, making excuses for the fast rising hate crimes targeting Asians.
Just as each example is absurd so is dismissing our Community’s concern.
You don’t even have to be Asian to get a clue and know something is wrong.
Asian people don’t need to be told how to feel and/or to get over it.
Anybody can cross check news links to verify events happened.
Anyone who wants to see receipts can go research the statistics.

Have to step away from media feed cause keep seeing another crime popup. UnFbelievable.

Edit:

Last edited:
Oh no, NT Asian Thread losing subscribed readers because we moved beyond Kpop, Anime, KFC and Girl models.
What will we do. How will we go on.
Maybe they can talk to a manager.
The Horror, The Horror.

Last edited:

"The company said Thursday that it will spend close to half a billion dollars on Korean content in the current year and expand its production slate."

Apparently we only started recently to know what it feels like to be a minority. The amount of stupidity to think of that and post it is laughable.

smh, I meant something like a United Asian College Fund or Asian Lives Matter that's starting to gain traction across the nation.

No, and it's a problem and reason why we get ignored.

Damn near every grassroots Asian org is specifically local. Hoping that groups like Stop AAPI Hate blow up, seems that news/social media outlets (NextShark, RiceFeed, Gold House off the top of my head) are getting up there in subscribers coast to coast so maybe with everything happening now these groups can grab a larger nationwide following and grow.

No, and it's a problem and reason why we get ignored.

Damn near every grassroots Asian org is specifically local. Hoping that groups like Stop AAPI Hate blow up, seems that news/social media outlets (NextShark, RiceFeed, Gold House off the top of my head) are getting up there in subscribers coast to coast so maybe with everything happening now these groups can grab a larger nationwide following and grow.
Well I think I'm too old to be a revolutionary, but I wouldn't mind be a part of something like this and playing a part.

Back
Top Bottom