Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Saw the Splash Cities at Bait the other day and Day (guy in the video) was wearing them. Lighting was terrible, but the black kinda smothered the shoe. I was really feeling these, gonna pass. Can't be buying shoes every freakin weekend. Concepts are aiite, gonna try just cause of hype. Monkey times are meh. Those tassie gel lyte iii's....ohhhh weeeeee!! That's the shade of purple I like.

Couple more sample pics I saw on IG

anyone think i could get away with a size 9 in gel kayanos? specifically the footpatrol collab? im a sz10 in gl3/glv i wear  a9.5 in n9000s and sauconys or would that be pushing it? 
That's your correct size. I have a 9 in the FootPatrols. Unless you have a wide foot, then you're fine. 9.5s will be boats on you. Look at my sig and you'll see my sizes.
Thats odd, I have a 10 in kayanos which fit me perfect and I am a size 10.5 in GL3. Never tried on the 9.5 (1 size smaller) but by judging the kayano in a 10, i dont think it would work for me but every foot is diff

Last edited:
hmm i've copped 2 GR asics and 2 NB's, i'd probably have to side with NB on those...but they were also more expensive.

I forgot to mention that. All my friends looking at me crazy bc im skipping Js releases left and right to give my money to Asics.

That's your correct size. I have a 9 in the FootPatrols. Unless you have a wide foot, then you're fine. 9.5s will be boats on you. Look at my sig and you'll see my sizes.
Really you fit a full size down still in kayanos? Ugh I found someone selling a pads 9 for a good price and I've never seen any 9.5s for sale

anyone think i could get away with a size 9 in gel kayanos? specifically the footpatrol collab? im a sz10 in gl3/glv i wear  a9.5 in n9000s and sauconys or would that be pushing it?
Thats odd, I have a 10 in kayanos which fit me perfect and I am a size 10.5 in GL3. Never tried on the 9.5 (1 size smaller) but by judging the kayano in a 10, i dont think it would work for me but every foot is diff
Yes, I went a full size down from my GL3/GLV sizing; however, I can fit in my TTS 9.5 in both, but the GL3s in particular are tighter than I'd like.  Both shoes vary for me in terms in sizing and materials seem to have a lot of bearing on what will or won't fit to my liking.  In general, I'll opt for a slightly bigger shoe over a snug one. I'll rather make up the room with a thicker sock than feel like the shoe is just too tight.

In general, I'm a TTS 9.5 and I have a normal width foot. But like I said, I typically go to a 10 because I don't like them feeling snug length or width wise. For what it's worth, this is what I typically wear in Asics, but not that a vast majority of them are 3s and Vs.:

GL3s .5 size up, but if I have to, 9.5s will fit with my toes to the end of the toebox

GLVs  are a really a toss up, I more often than not will go .5 up with a 10 because a 9.5 can be snugger than I like

GT-IIs a 9.5

Sagas - .5 down from TTS to a 9. Mind you, I only own 1 pair

Kayanos - .5 down from TTS to a 9. Only own the FootPatrols, but have tried the Packers. The 9.5 were freaking boats on me. In general, it's a pretty narrow shoe to me.

But as Flores stated, every foot is different and we all have different preferences. If you have the ability to try a 9 and 9.5 side-by-side, I'd do that. What works for me, may not work for you. Especially if your foot is wide. But like I said, 9.5 in the Kayanos were way too long for me in my TTS.

Last edited:
lol just had a funny thought.. if yall ever settle for replicas, call them customs instead. They kinda are. plus customs hold some respect in a lot of peoples eyes.. idk im just kidding but its a thought

Did any of you get an email from bait saying that theyd let you order the splash city glvs and reserve you a pair? i have a feeling this might be too good to be true

Did any of you get an email from bait saying that theyd let you order the splash city glvs and reserve you a pair? i have a feeling this might be too good to be true

Why would it be too good to be true? The site doesn't seem to be having any more issues and there's almost a FSR (size 5.5 not available)

Aren't these a japan exclusive? From what I've read there going to do an in-store release so idk if they will ever make it stateside considering its a limited release and they would have to pass through japan and UK online first right? They are sick as hell though I sure do hope they make it here lol
It will definitely hit the states about two weeks after the original release...if you search the thread you will find the link. 

The only thing I'm not sure about, because of the wording on the translation, is whether it will be in-store only for the original release...hoping a decent amount pairs can make it online. 

Gonna make for an interesting weekend next week... 

Last edited:
Eager for these but i wonder if the toe is leather or suede i cant tell

I think id make the symbol all black and add purple speckles to the white midsole.

Still hurt about no being able to get the NB tassie devil from years back so these need to be copped
i agree, very nb1500bpw esque. very nice CW

Back
Top Bottom