Asics Love?!? Where is it?

My 2 favorite

Last edited:
Went to the shops today to check these out...United Arrows GLV.

Quality is not as nice as Monkey Time's Sand Layers. For those who don't know, Monkey Time is a company under United Arrows.

Colorway is bangin' though. Very, very clean. My pair was preordered long ago and will be here this weekend, so I'll get y'all some better pics then.

For those wondering, I'm fairly certain these won't make it out of Japan.

I dunno about you guys but ASICS has really been losing me recently. Weekly collabs on the GLV and GLIII are just diluting that "special" aspect collabs are supposed to have. Meanwhile they are ignoring some slick models in their inventory (GTII) and just churning out colorways of whatever trash model they're pushing now (cough respector cough). With all that plus their abysmal QC, I just don't have the desire to spend my money on their product.

The collabs are pretty hard to get so they're still "special"

I agree, on an individual basis it can be hard to cop some of the collabs. However for every Sandlayers there are 5 bape atmos cactus karaoke edition collabs available next week. I dunno, there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. Instead of pumping out collabs, Asics could focus their energy on fixing their awful QC.

I dunno about you guys but ASICS has really been losing me recently. Weekly collabs on the GLV and GLIII are just diluting that "special" aspect collabs are supposed to have. Meanwhile they are ignoring some slick models in their inventory (GTII) and just churning out colorways of whatever trash model they're pushing now (cough respector cough). With all that plus their abysmal QC, I just don't have the desire to spend my money on their product.
I agree, GT II's do need some love. One of my favorite models that asics has made. Now that collabs are so prevalent, it's almost as if every 1 out of 5 or 6  that are produced monthly are worth buying for retail. 

I was hoping for anniversary collabs for the gtii this year. I barely bought anything last year and I've only wanted a few sneakers released this year which were the sand clots and the sand layers. The clots I was able to get...The grey/navy rc's are nice and simple, but not essential.

Back
Top Bottom