Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Quote:
wow did not expect the colour to turn out like this.
Looks different from pics

The material felt like it's been buffered. I can feel the rough suede around the corner of the shoes, toe and heel part. Don't know what the Japan tag means. Probably Japan material like it state?

How did the Mita 25ths fit?
Small.
similar to St.A or worse?

similar to St.A or worse?
Hmmm I'd say similar, but I think St. Alfred are more wearable in my 11.5 than my Mita were. I had to swap out the Mita for a 12. Just gonna bear it on the St. Alfreds and hope the leather breaks in a bit more.
Y'all 2 go TTS on your GL3s? I thought you went TTS, at least on the newer GL3s, right Buddha? I ask because I'm looking for some St Alf's and don't have a 10.5 in my collection. 

TTS 9.5, but go up to on almost all non-leather lined GL3s to a 10. Don't want to make a potential several hundred dollar mistake...

Last edited:

Y'all 2 go TTS on your GL3s? I thought you went TTS, at least on the newer GL3s, right Buddha? I ask because I'm looking for some St Alf's and don't have a 10.5 in my collection. 

TTS 9.5, but go up to on almost all non-leather lined GL3s to a 10. Don't want to make a potential several hundred dollar mistake...
11.5 for Silver Screen, Papercut, and some others was definitely wearable. Same size in Mita, Dirty Bucks, Mita x Beams was unwearable. St. Alfred in 11.5 is IMO in between wearable and unwearable lol.

I don't even bother with 11.5 anymore and just grab 12s now, though.

I definitely wouldn't size down whatever you do on St. Alfreds lol.

11.5 for Silver Screen, Papercut, and some others was definitely wearable. Same size in Mita, Dirty Bucks, Mita x Beams was unwearable. St. Alfred in 11.5 is IMO in between wearable and unwearable lol.

I don't even bother with 11.5 anymore and just grab 12s now, though.

I definitely wouldn't size down whatever you do on St. Alfreds lol.
I'll go with a 10 then. 90% plus of mine are 10s. Even the MIJ that some people said felt like than ran big seemed to fit me like any other GL3 (could be the socks I wore, too. Either way, I'd rather a little big than too damn small).

9.5s in Dirty Bucks (probably could have went with my normal 10 GL3 size, but 9.5 was certainly wearable and maybe just slightly snug, but nothing terrible if I remember correctly; haven't tried them on in months), Silver Screens fit well, and Iris'/Tsavorites fit well in my TTS, too. 

Thanks for the feedback, too. You still in Japan or Stateside now?

Picked these up visiting Houston.

Hoping 2017 isn't as wack as 2016 was. Hopefully everyone stays with the boost trend and retro runners are fairly easy to obtain.

You'd hope. But dope releases bring hype.

I'm all for dope releases, I'm saying it's still a lot easier copping asics/NBs/Diadoras vs anything w/ boost right now. Has been ever since the boost craze kicked in. Even most of the 25ths were easily attainable if they made it online.

I'm all for dope releases, I'm saying it's still a lot easier copping asics/NBs/Diadoras vs anything w/ boost right now. Has been ever since the boost craze kicked in. Even most of the 25ths were easily attainable if they made it online.

Thank god for the unicorn releases and 3.1 or I would have gone 2016 not picking up a 2016 asics release.

In fact, my entire focus was obtaining older grails being dumped by people for boosts [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'll go with a 10 then. 90% plus of mine are 10s. Even the MIJ that some people said felt like than ran big seemed to fit me like any other GL3 (could be the socks I wore, too. Either way, I'd rather a little big than too damn small).

9.5s in Dirty Bucks (probably could have went with my normal 10 GL3 size, but 9.5 was certainly wearable and maybe just slightly snug, but nothing terrible if I remember correctly; haven't tried them on in months), Silver Screens fit well, and Iris'/Tsavorites fit well in my TTS, too. 

Thanks for the feedback, too. You still in Japan or Stateside now?
Yeah it's crazy, when I tried my GLIII on I felt like they all fit a bit different. Makes it a pain to grab pairs lol.

No problem, man, hope you can get your pair in the right size! I'm back in the US now, but might be headed back this year.

Do GL3s squeak after the first couple of wears, or do I have a bad pair? I bought the All White Denim GL3s and they were Spongebob status after 8 hours.

I'd never had a pair of Asics before then so it kinda threw me off of buying 3s. My GLVs are some of the most comfortable shoes I have and they don't squeak on me, but I'm afraid they will.

Is this common for GLs?

Do GL3s squeak after the first couple of wears, or do I have a bad pair? I bought the All White Denim GL3s and they were Spongebob status after 8 hours.

I'd never had a pair of Asics before then so it kinda threw me off of buying 3s. My GLVs are some of the most comfortable shoes I have and they don't squeak on me, but I'm afraid they will.

Is this common for GLs?
I own a lot of GL3s and none of them squeek.

Is it the midsole?

Is this common for GLs?
Mine never squeak.  Are they leather lined? Leather lined shoes squeak sometimes because of the material

I own a lot of GL3s and none of them squeek.
Is it the midsole?

Yup. It was the midsole. I haven't worn them since, but I'll try again in the summer. They're all white so I'm not chancing it.

zeroregret zeroregret they aren't leather lined as far as I know. I'll pull them out tonight after work to make sure.

Is this common for GLs?

I got the all white GLIII denim and it never squeaks, at all.

Back
Top Bottom