Asics Love?!? Where is it?

wtffff 150 some new post in here i thought something dropped today or something worthwhile happened instead its still talk about commonwealth being shady. who cars people. :smh: :rolleyes

I'm not speaking on behalf of the shop. Im speaking as a fellow NTer trying to clarify a situation to other fellow NTers.
Sounds like you are trying to explain this issue for them. Commonwealth got caught slippin because their employee had their hand in the cookie jar. I am sure once the Da Vinci releases then people will be over this whole debacle. Just stay in the background and watch this die down. 

They just want to make more $$ like the rest of us.  They sell these Asics  for $170 and see people flip for $360...I'm just saying.

Funniest thing is rushing back into the thread and starting ish back up when the talk already died down hahaha, seriously the dude earlier who said public relations is not your thing was right on the money. The irony is overwhelming when considering not only the name of the shoe that got them into this mess, but the name of the store as well...

This has been my experience with the Packer Release at Commonwealth...After hearing they were going to get pairs, I kept an eye out for posts on their twitter and instagram.

I called in on Wednesday at 3:12pm and the guy that answered said, " we were supposed to get them in today because the original shipment was supposed to come in on Sunday and that was delayed. I don't know what happened" I then asked if they would be releasing them on Saturday, after they receive the shipment or have a set date for a release. He replied, "Honestly...we'll probably just put them out whenever they come in." At 3:34ish'pm they posted the Instagram post about them being released in-store.

This morning, myself and 8 other people were waiting before the store opened. No one received a pair. We were told that as soon they posted that Instagram post, people came in and got their pairs, we were also told that they only had 12 pairs total. Whether or not shady business was going on..is still up for debate. It's odd to hear that the Sunday they were supposed to receive their pairs is the same day that the eBay posting was made.

I'll be honest...I've been shopping at Commonwealth since 2006 and I've always shopped there. They're good people who have done a lot for the streetwear culture in our area. The owner, Larry has always been a chill and humble dude who has always been open to assisting the customers. He even showed me the teaser photos of the Asics Collabs that they were putting out even before photos leaked. He's a good dude, as far employees go or even the eBay seller goes...I can't speak about. IMO, this was definitely a shady release and I'm shaking my head at the responses from @Cmonbeeazy.

Also, the guy that spoke about Creme selling their pairs out the backdoor..that's a flat out lie. I can personally tell you that Creme didn't even receive a shipment for the packers, check your facts before you go around trying to taint another store's name. 

Last edited:
The retail game is hard enough. Anybody have any idea how hard it is to maintain a successful retail boutique? Its not. Then you got a lot of angry sherlock holmes who obviously deserve these shoes at retail. Is it right to back door your TWELVE pairs of shoes you received? No. but a retail shop is not making ANY money off something like that. I can understand how this type of thing happens. Is it right? no. Is it a monumental injustice to all? nah. 

Also, the guy that spoke about Creme selling their pairs out the backdoor..that's a flat out lie. I can personally tell you that Creme didn't even receive a shipment for the packers, check your facts before you go around trying to taint another store's name. 
 @kicksiscrackV2  
mean.gif

The retail game is hard enough. Anybody have any idea how hard it is to maintain a successful retail boutique? Its not. Then you got a lot of angry sherlock holmes who obviously deserve these shoes at retail. Is it right to back door your TWELVE pairs of shoes you received? No. but a retail shop is not making ANY money off something like that. I can understand how this type of thing happens. Is it right? no. Is it a monumental injustice to all? nah. 
I completely understand that life is by no means easy as a successful boutique owner, especially dealing with the savage consumers. But, as far as my knowledge goes with how business make money (which is not that much lol) - a shop receives a deal at wholesale so that they are able to make a profit off each pair sold individually at retail. They would have made the amount that ASICS intended for them to make off of the size run. I would not say that they would not have made ANY money. Methinks they were trying to stretch the profit margin a bit too far here and got busted.... 

Sent my boy to undftd to snag a 9 for him and a 9.5 for me. He was only able to get a 9.5 but kept it. Oh well

I completely understand that life is by no means easy as a successful boutique owner, especially dealing with the savage consumers. But, as far as my knowledge goes with how business make money (which is not that much lol) - a shop receives a deal at wholesale so that they are able to make a profit off each pair sold individually at retail. They would have made the amount that ASICS intended for them to make off of the size run. I would not say that they would not have made ANY money. Methinks they were trying to stretch the profit margin a bit too far here and got busted.... 
so yea... ok... at the end of the day a boutique would cover an eight of their water bill off that packer drop. lol. the point is you can very easily see how this type of thing could happen. I see both sides of it. 

roll.gif

Creme has a good name? 

What rock do you live under. I know all these shops too. Since they were established. You can literally check certain accounts to know when they are selling out the back. I know they deny it, but I also know back door buyers. If you don't, well now you know. If you are gonna deny it thats cool too. Affects me nada lol.

I understand it, the customer base here doesn't buy a lot of the stuff they carry, so they off load a few "good" things and in exchange the resellers buy up other stuff that doesnt sell well in their locations.

But feel free to live in that world of disbelief. either that or you are affiliated, or the reseller. I could care less. Never have. But keep it real. I know the people personally, and left out names. You would have to be brain dead to not piece it together. 

I could go on and on about misteps these shops have made as well as the cool things they have done but end of the day they are in the business to make money not to be a part of the culture. Cmonbeezy is a good dude and sucks to see that happen, but it is what it is. If you don't approve of it just don't shop there. You can't fault them though because OTHER shops do it too...some even more frequently. Some that aren't even being named in here because they don't sell asics....

Last edited:

so yea... ok... at the end of the day a boutique would cover an eight of their water bill off that packer drop. lol. the point is you can very easily see how this type of thing could happen. I see both sides of it. 
I can see it to man, wasn't trying to say your point wasn't valid believe me. But it doesn't make it right... 

A lot of jerks on this website, I wouldn't buy a cap supporting it just off all the nonsense that goes on over here. At the same time a lot of cool dudes too and bashing on commonwealth in this instance is justified. Either confirm the situation and address it or Dont speak of it at all. Commonwealth guy was avoiding the question of why the hell were the kicks shipped using their account?

Back
Top Bottom