Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Just copped these off the asics site. Had seen them floating around recently but had to hold out to use that militarydiscount
Screenshot_20220401-095056_Instagram.jpg

Afew coasting off their Koi collabs because this latest one has been horrendous to say the least.
In terms of the colorway, it’s prbly been the best release since the concepts otoros. I don’t think Ronnie has put any thought into his collabs. I agree on the materials, cudve given us a nice plush pigskin, but the colorway is nice

In terms of the colorway, it’s prbly been the best release since the concepts otoros. I don’t think Ronnie has put any thought into his collabs. I agree on the materials, cudve given us a nice plush pigskin, but the colorway is nice
Otoros were great, I am not a fan of the color execution and materials being subpar is a let down.

There hasn't really been a standout Asics collab in a while. I think the last ones I bought were the end clothing one and the new Mita trico. The SVD one was terrible. I guess the Salmon toe and leather back GLV were the best that I can think of.

Last edited:
There hasn't really been a standout Asics collab in a while. I think the last ones I bought were the end clothing one and the new Mita trico. The SVD one was terrible. I guess the Salomon toe and leather back GLV were the best that I can think of.
I thought the Ronnie throwbacks were super lazy, but that’s just me. Didn’t like the spumoni nicekicks first, but I regret not pickin em up. Otoro release was botched too

I thought the Ronnie throwbacks were super lazy, but that’s just me. Didn’t like the spumoni nicekicks first, but I regret not pickin em up. Otoro release was botched too

I agree with the RF collabs being lazy but I still wanted them. Didn't manage to get the salmon toes for retail so I've moved on.

The last few Asics I got are the WoodWoods & Foss Gallery. It's been awhile. In fact I think Saucony's have far more interesting drops lately.

Misty Pines have been a better release than most recent collaborations. Otoros are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that might be better.

Anyone want these, $30+ship? US11.5 Worn but in pretty good shape. I think I have the OG box too. Will get actual pics if anyone is interested.

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 10.37.19 AM.png

Also got PADS Hanon Onitsuka US11 for $50+ship

So I’ve been wondering, are old GLIII wearable? Like are their any potential issues of cracking, etc?

Depends how old and how they were stored...I have pairs from about 2014~ and haven't had any issues with mine. I can't see the midsole cracking on these, but there might be some separation with the soles depending on location/storage.

Depends how old and how they were stored...I have pairs from about 2014~ and haven't had any issues with mine. I can't see the midsole cracking on these, but there might be some separation with the soles depending on location/storage.
Was looking to potentially get a pair of Eclipse, just don't want to risk them falling apart.

Was looking to potentially get a pair of Eclipse, just don't want to risk them falling apart.
the only older asics pairs i have ever had trouble with and seen cracking were superreds and superblues. i have 2 pairs of eclipse, 1 was DS and the other worn and have had no issues. obviously there are exception but i have had good look with the older asics pairs.

Back
Top Bottom