Ask a guy who started an Amazon business in late April and has made $490k (Gross) anything UPDATE

It's not easy by any means, but it's certainly doable.

While private label product looks to be the best way to move massive amounta of units, there are other ways, especially if you dont have a bunch of start-up capital, to make money with FBA.

People are making crazy money across the different Amazon platforms.

Last edited:

While private label product looks to be the best way to move massive amounta of units, there are other ways, especially if you dont have a bunch of start-up capital, to make money with FBA.

I was focusing on the Chinese factory connect part. Just that alone does not guarantee success, actually it does not help that much really in this day and age.

Nah, I remember reading back in the day how an e-merchandiser did it. He built the us store front, and shared an ordering system with the supplier in China. He had several websites for different niches; think something simple like picture frames or more current, fidget spinners, with sites like pictureframes.com or fidgetspinners.com if someone searches, all with good Google ad listings but still went to the same supplier who processed and shipped the orders directly. Essentially only checking on different bits of the businesses a few hours a day without much if any heavy lifting.

Last edited:
It helps if you have a relationship with the factory. But ultimately money talks. If you do enough volume, you will get better prices. It doesn't matter what you look like or whether or not you speak their language.

Nah, I remember reading back in the day how an e-merchandiser did it. He built the us store front, and shared an ordering system with the supplier in China. He had several websites for different niches; think something simple like picture frames or more current, fidget spinners, with sites like pictureframes.com or fidgetspinners.com if someone searches, all with good Google ad listings but still went to the same supplier who processed and shipped the orders directly. Essentially only checking on different bits of the businesses a few hours a day without much if any heavy lifting.
That is called drop shipping. People still do it, just online only my friend is making $1000/mo she just started.

Alibaba is how the majority of people on fba get their products. Find a product, contact manufacturers directly , tell them to make any changes & add logo , send to the states to you, you send to fba .

There is a ton of information online about amazon private label and drop shipping.

I'll let you know how it goes I'm launching my first brand Q1 2018. I will be going to china though since I'm in Japan .

Last edited:
Dudes bubbled 3 milly and catching comments like...

"Pretty Good" :rofl:

They passed pretty good a long time ago in my book. :lol:
Dope to see ya'll winning keep it up fam. Things like this are great motivators for us by standers.

Last edited:

I was focusing on the Chinese factory connect part. Just that alone does not guarantee success, actually it does not help that much really in this day and age.

This is true. The reason we make 1.2-1.5mil a month and our closest competitors about 300-400k/month is because we focus on amazon's search engine (A9) and how to be the top result of the keywords customers are searching for.
For sourcing we look at what the millions of amazon consumers are searching for :nerd: This is why our catalogue is so broad and when people ask me what I sell, I say everything :lol:

Last edited:
Bought my house cash and currently have an offer out on a new development. 28k sq ft Tilt up warehouse.

Saving the rest until property values go down to build up my real estate portfolio some more.

Good stuff my bro.

If I can be half as successful as you I'll be straight.

Last edited:
I been contemplating starting an Amazon business for extra income but feel like its too late in the game

No questions from me, all of this is admittedly over my head. Just wanted to say congrats and I hope you continue to flourish.

This is true. The reason we make 1.2-1.5mil a month and our closest competitors about 300-400k/month is because we focus on amazon's search engine (A9) and how to be the top result of the keywords customers are searching for.
For sourcing we look at what the millions of amazon consumers are searching for :nerd: This is why our catalogue is so broad and when people ask me what I sell, I say everything :lol:

How many products and skus do you guys have?

Just started hitting up suppliers on Alibaba for a couple items.

For those in the game, how have Amazon cost/rates changed over the last few years? I've heard they're squeezing profits from people who use them for fulfillment services.

I might try and get my stuff into mass market and specialty retailers directly (Target, Walmart, West Elm, etc.) depending on my ability to make money selling via Amazon.

I expect to retail one product around $20, and the other will be a ~250. Costs to produce should be maybe 15% on the cheap product and maybe 35% on the more expensive product, prior to shipping. Directionally, am I tripping or should there be margin left?

I'm just in the very early phases of seeing what suppliers can do so I haven't even created a company or anything yet.

UPDATE:

A year later,

I am very proud to know that I was able to create something from scratch and grow it into something I never imagined.

Of course this is gross and our net is much lower but I don't care. I grew up having nothing and working my way up to this point is a incredible feeling.

If I want to start selling my product on Amazon, how does Prime work? Do I have to ship within 2 days or does it have to be delivered within 2 days? Does the seller take that entire hit? Shipping UPS Blue or USPS Priority for every order sounds pricey.

I'd like to sell with the "Prime" designation, I'd just want to know how it works.

Back
Top Bottom