Ask A Hedge Fund Fraud

looks like sept will be a down month.

keeping my eye on Cisco and plan on jumping in around 17ish

WORLD leader in networking solutions, increased dividend, recently, already integrating cloud technology which is the future!!:smokin

Last edited:
Speaking of which, it looks like the market is in a downtrend and AAPL wants to go along with it. If it breaks 660 down we go!

So the tablet market is about to become a very huge market. Businesses will be using tablets in the future. The only thing holding it back right now is the applications. So for example you think of many of the handheld electronic products that are used, can be replaced by tablets and its just getting that software that may be on another handheld product to a tablet.

Apple, by being the leader in this industry has a great opportunity to take a stronghold among business users. So while right now, businesses are pretty much mostly on PC's, the tablet could be very big for Apple.

Last edited:
So the tablet market is about to become a very huge market. Businesses will be using tablets in the future. The only thing holding it back right now is the applications. So for example you think of many of the handheld electronic products that are used, can be replaced by tablets and its just getting that software that may be on another handheld product to a tablet.
Apple, by being the leader in this industry has a great opportunity to take a stronghold among business users. So while right now, businesses are pretty much mostly on PC's, the tablet could be very big for Apple.
I agree with this 100%

The majority of the current youth have been moving away from macbooks and have found the ipad or other tablets. But as said before when you tie that IPad into integration with a computer and potentially also with a television.....#homerun. I have used the old Toshiba tablet PC's that worked just like a mini PC and again the problem with them was excess complexity. Unless there is some ridiculous new innovation by one of these other Tech companies, things will remain the same in my opinion.

Well a few years will have to pass, for the tablet to be able to bring the performance of a laptop. And in addition the size factor may be, or in fact is an issue, because the tablet has to incorporate the "keyboard" as well. Hopefully we'll be seeing projected keyboards sooner or later, although yet again that can only be used on horizontal surfaces...hmmm, I suppose Apple will have to come up with something big, I suppose they're pretty good at that.

Well a few years will have to pass, for the tablet to be able to bring the performance of a laptop. And in addition the size factor may be, or in fact is an issue, because the tablet has to incorporate the "keyboard" as well. Hopefully we'll be seeing projected keyboards sooner or later, although yet again that can only be used on horizontal surfaces...hmmm, I suppose Apple will have to come up with something big, I suppose they're pretty good at that.

A tablet doesn't need to have an equal performance of a laptop. We aren't talking about tablets replacing laptops. This is for situations where people are on the job, standing up, and need to use programs while moving around. You can't walk around while using a laptop but you can with a tablet.

I'd like if we could discuss industries other than tech...
laugh.gif

Shipping? Oil/Gas? Pharma? Some other field that many people don't know anything about. 

I'd like if we could discuss industries other than tech...
laugh.gif

Shipping? Oil/Gas? Pharma? Some other field that many people don't know anything about. 
I'm telling you guys find your position in AMRN and wait. Pharma has many patents expiring so acquisitions will be heavy.

Shipping I am not messing with

Oil/Gas there is huge possibilities here. However look at telecom. all those crickets and Metro PCS brands will get acquired.

I have clients in oil and gas....extremely volatile in the small/mid cap space especially

I have clients in oil and gas....extremely volatile in the small/mid cap space especially
yeah, at the moment many small to mid cap oil and gas companies have too much debt. Look at atpg, they have gone bankrupt and many others will follow with the price of oil being the level it is and the amount of debt these companies took on amid the ban on drilling in the gulf of mexico

oil and gas is just very tricky at the moment. Hard to turn a profit unless you are just trading oil futures.  Dont dare screw with international countries and investing in them for oil; the damn thing could get nationalized at any minute.

Some of the clients I have also are invested in development stage companies who are getting drilling licenses amongst other things. Analysis can't be cash flow based, because there aren't any, but instead an EV to recoverable oil.

It's pretty interesting, versus, say investing in like BP or Chevron type companies.

What's with all this talk that Soros might be in AMRN?
Yes he owns many shares around 300k down from 1.1MM... I cannot wait for the NCE to be reported on this company. Like i said before those who wanted a recommendation here it is and its all transparent. Its your choice on how you play it.

How do you overcome being sidetracked? 

What pitfalls have you encountered thus far?

What advice would you give to someone trying to start their own business?

Which Major do you personally think is better? Accounting or Econ?

If you have a better one in mind, please list.

to not be sidetracked you have to have a plan; one that is written down. All too often people want to do something but will not simply write it down and expect to remember it and execute. This does not work.

Pitfalls: Dealing with regulatory investigations.... this is why i don't sweat it when people tell me oh u have no web presence.... they don't know what the hell they are talking about regulations are strict and its a waste of money and time to deal with.

Start a business you are passionate in and you will figure out how to make the money come if you are about money.
How do you overcome being sidetracked? 

What pitfalls have you encountered thus far?

What advice would you give to someone trying to start their own business?

i cannot tell you what to major in i would need to know more about you and what you want to do with yourself. if you want job security pick Accounting

I was real heavy in this thread early on but it died down and I lost it.

I'm sure you got 50 pms cuz the Bentley but to be real, I'm more worried about the actual business side.

Shoot me a PM with an email or something brah.. no d riding... just trying to talk business cuz this is similar to what I'm trying to do.

i cannot tell you what to major in i would need to know more about you and what you want to do with yourself. if you want job security pick Accounting

Thats why I said personally. I don't want my background or personal preferences skew your answer. Let's just say, if you could rewind back to your college years, what would you major in?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom